Dr. David McDowell

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David McDowell

Dr. David is the best! I hate dentists and anything oral related, but David takes the extra time to make me feel comfortable and calm through the appointment. He is very thorough and explains everything that he's doing. I really appreciate the extra time and care he takes.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

We have been going to Dr. McDowell for at least twenty years. He is very friendly and kind. My kids have been going there since they were babies and he has made all of their experiences the best possible. His staff are very friendly and helpful too. My kids don't mind going at all. Highly recommend him if you're looking for a dentist.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. McDowell was recommended by a dear friend when my father had a dental emergency. I called Sunday night and left a message. I then called at 7:30, 30 minutes before the clinic opens and the staff immediately answered the phone. When I started to speak the receptionist immediately recalled the message, called me by my name (which is foreign) and set my father up with an appointment at 8:30. When my father and I arrived, the receptionist was very courteous and welcoming. We were quickly brought to the exam room and evaluated. Dr. McDowell's evaluation was very thorough with complete explanation of the suspected condition and the treatment plan. He then spent a lot of time educating both my father and myself as to how to prevent further disease. A couple of days later I called from America explaining that my father had further issues. He returned my call in America, recommended further treatment by calling in a script to the pharmacy. My father's condition improved significantly; however, regardless of the outcome, the care far exceeded my expectations. If I still lived in Canada, I would bring my kids to him.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Dr. McDowell is a great dentist with many years experience and it shows! My husband and I have been going to him for many, many years, and he is the only dentist my kids (now university and high school age) have seen. He really cares for the health of our teeth, suggests appropriate care and treatment, and he offers great service to me and my family without us ever feeling like he is trying to upsell all the new treatments that many dental offices seem to focus on now. He and his team are very knowledgeable in all areas of dentistry and run a caring, friendly office.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. McDowell has been my dentist for 25 years. I appreciate his concern for different issues, including pregnancy, medications being used, personal stress elated issues and general health. When my son was young he too appreciated David's way of explaining everything to him and being sure he could understand. When I go in the office I almost feel the same as when I am going to visit a friend in my favourite coffee shop. It's warm and welcoming.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

He is a very gentle dentist. I've been going there since I was a kid and now I take my children there. The receptionist/assistant is really kind and friendly. A very nice atmosphere.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr. David McDowell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. David McDowell is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario Faculty of Dentistry. Dr. McDowell is a member of the Toronto Crown and Bridge Study Club, Ontario Dental Association, Canadian Dental Association. He enjoys continuing education in all facets of dentistry. He prides himself in caring, compassionate treatment for his patients. Dr. McDowell Practices out of Uxbridge and Thornhill. Dr. McDowell is devoted to his wife and three children, 3 cats and a dog. He loves sports and music in his spare time.

• English