Ratings for May Huang

I saw May. She was personable. However, as a fertility acupuncturist, she didn't know what AMH was. I found that to be troubling. The treatment was fine and I felt relaxed afterwards.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2019

Dr. May is an amazing Acupuncturist. She is very knowledgeable and truly cares about her patients. Without her help I couldn't have a beautiful baby boy when I was 43 . Before I met her, I had 1 failed IVF(only produced 2 eggs) and 3 miscarriages. My fertility doctor advised me to receive a donor egg which would be the only way to get pregnant ,due to my advanced age and pool egg quality, and the success was not guaranteed. I couldn't take his suggestion because I desperately wanted to have a baby who carries my own genes and I believed I can do it. I did a lot of research and thought acupuncture might be effective to improve my egg quality without side effects . I've tried five acupuncturists in different clinics and turned out Dr. May is the best . She gave me a protocol worked on egg quality improvement in the initial visit and the subsequent visits were scheduled twice a week. After 4 months treatment, I was pregnant naturally and then she switched to another protocol to prevent miscarriage and gave me recommendations on how to make pregnancy heathy as well. During the early weeks of the pregnancy, my mood swung dramatically , and I always felt anxious and uncertain. Dr. May not only physically relieved the stress by placing needles on specific spots, but also comforted me like my families. Finally, my full-term baby was born naturally at Mount Sinai Hospital last year. I'm so grateful for Dr. May's help and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful journey in my life.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

I came to May as a last ditch attempt to solve a problem of chronic pain that remained undiagnosed after a year and a half of testing (through my family doctor and specialists). I was taking painkillers every day and was considering increasing my dose when I decided to try a different avenue. Within a few months of treatments (1-2 per week), I stopped needing medication entirely and the pain has nearly disappeared. While there are a few things I could point to that could be better (e.g., the walls of the treatment rooms are paper thin and sound travels too loudly & clearly), the results are indisputable. I plan to continue to see May about another chronic problem and hope for similarly successful results!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2019

Dr Huang completely changed my life. I had severe irritable/overactive bladder issues which were impacting my daily life. I felt a difference after my first treatment. I no longer got up in the night to use the bathroom. Another pleasant side effect was a change in my IBS symptoms as well. The treatments are pain free in a pleasant environment and I will keep going back because my life has been completely changed for the better. Thank you Dr May.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2019

I found Dr. May Huang through a Google search and have been extremely happy with the treatment which has been very effective in resolving my issues. I will definitely continue seeing her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

I went for 3 IVF treatments , the 2 first without success until I saw DR. May and she helped with my fertilities problem. Her knowledge is amazing about this issues, after I did a treatment with her I was able to produce good eggs and my uterus line was so strong everything changed from black to white the difference was huge the IVF Doctors couldn't believe how good I was after I did acupuncture for my problem. Dr. May helped me no just with my fertility problem she did a lot for me, she put down the stress that was involved on the whole process to go for IVF treatment I was so positive and I was feeling so good and strong after her treatment that I was sure that my #3 IVF was going to be a success . When I went for my third IVF I didn't need to much medication and the result was totally wonderful, I produce too many good quality eggs more than ever before , my uterus line was very thick and I got 3 beautiful embryos type 1A which gave a result of twins a boy and a girl. I totally recommend Dr. May because she gave me the happiness and she helped me to be a happy mother of healthy twins. I love you DR. May thanks for be my Godmother to have my dreams come true. Celeste.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2019

I call Dr. May my angel, she helped me with my Vertigo and Tinnitus . A month ago I got this terrible sickness I went twice to the Emergency at two different Hospital and nobody helped me my ringing and pressure in my ears was horrible and the Dr. just prescribed SERC which is a very bad medication with a terrible side effects I was in bed for more than 3 weeks vomiting, dizziness, very bad pressure in my ears and a poor balance. I went to see Dr. May and like a magic touch at the firs treatment I left the office without any pressure in my ears and all my symptoms disappeared, she gave me my life back, she is very patient and she listened everything, she takes her time with each patient and she has a truly kind way to treat her patients. I totally recommend her for any illness because you will see the results very fast. She is not just a good Dr. she is more than that Dr. May just love to help people to have a good quality of health she treats the root of the problem and you will be a new person. Thanks Dr. May for your help I love you so much.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

Fertility acupuncture in combination with IUI. Had the best experience with Dr. May Huang. She is brilliant!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

best Acupuncturist in GTA, my daughter and I both had treatment at her clinic, the result tells everything!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2018

Dr. May Huang's treatment for my back pain and stress had immediate results and was virtually painless during the sessions. After the first treatment I began to feel better and I am now feeling strong and healthy again. I would highly recommend Dr. May to anyone that is suffering from any ailment. Thank for the complete care Dr. May!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

May Huang's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

May Huang (R.TCM, R.Ac) has a passion for helping people like you live an emotionally balanced, and physically thriving life. Since 1987, She has helped thousands of patients with a variety of chronic health issues, ranging from depression and anxiety to digestive disorders to PMS to chronic pain. Her love for acupuncture emerged during her childhood. After witnessing how a few acupuncture needles could cure the problems that plagued her grandmother after her stroke, she was determined to understand the science behind this wondrous, yet mysterious branch of medicine. This determination has brought her to a great career. "Improving people's health is the greatest reward from my job. It gives me great pleasure to come home from work everyday and tell my daughter stories of how acupuncture has changed my patients' lives," said May Huang. Her daughter, Amy Chen, is a registered physiotherapist who joined North York Acupuncture & Physiotherapy in 2016. After seeing the incredible effect of acupuncture on pain management first-hand, Amy is very excited to learn from her mother and integrate acupuncture into her treatment approach. May Huang has more than 25 years of experience with pain management and ear nose head problem (Tinnitus & Deafness, Dizziness & Meniere's), women's health (e.g., infertility, hormonal imbalance, menopause, etc). In addition, she helps patients with chronic conditions, such as allergies, insomnia, digestive issues, and stress management. Her treatments help to relax the nervous system, reduce stress, relieve anxiety, and promote whole body wellness.

• English
  • Mandarin

• University of Tianjin Traditional Chinese Medicine (Grad. 1987)

• Infertility
  • Sciatica
  • Dizziness
  • Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
  • Meniere's disease
  • Tinnitus
  • Frozen Shoulder Treatment
  • Anxiety
  • Herniated disk

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.