Ratings for Dr. Carole Elkhuizen

All I can say is rude. Not very knowledgeable when it comes to the med she prescribes. Does not like giving referrals for a second opinion. Does not follow through with health or pain concerns. The nurse on hand is one of the best I have ever met.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Elkhuizen is the best Doctor I have ever had, she is very compassionate and caring. She has been my Doctor since 2008, and has seen me through some tough situations, I do not need to see her constantly, but when I do its usually a cluster of appointments I end up needing as I have complex health issues that come and go and if she is not there she has always left a very qualified practitioner or physician in her place. She works very hard with long hours and hospital time, and clinic time too outside her general practice hours, so of course she needs vacations, and she also actively participates in medical conferences. She is and outstanding physician.

Submitted February 4, 2016

She is the best Dr I have ever had. She is compassionate, knowledgable, gives you the time you need. I am very thankful that she is my Dr.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Difficult to get in to see because limited schedule and often on vacation. If you are sick when Dr. is not in, you can't see another Dr. Not particularly interested in understanding issues/concerns and getting to root cause of health problem - so sense of urgency at all.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Always on vacation. Very kind in first meeting but goes downhill from there. Was not able to determine cause of my health issues and didn't seem motivated to do so at all. Was not supportive at all in addressing my pain.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Does not listen to the patient and pretends to know more than she does. Puts psychiatric diagnosis in patient file without a diagnosis from qualified doctor. Takes way too long to send in referrals.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Never on time never available. I'm always told to go to the ER. Is this what I should expect in a "family doctor" Seems to be unique to this clinic.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

Pretty much a repeat she is great IF you can get in to see her...she is ALWAYS on vacation. If you have a medical emergency you won't get called back for a couple of days. The staff is horrendous VERY rude and treat you as if your so lucky to have her as your Dr, that they can dump you as a patient if you aren't a healthy easy patient. I don't know why she has the staff she does, the nurse there is amazing and really friendly. The accounting and front desk is the worst I have ever had to deal with. But does this really matter? Will anything change..probably not but at least I got to vent.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

IF you can get into see Dr. Elkhuizen she is a good Dr. I stress the IF as she is on vacation a lot and only works certain days. If you need urgent help the office will not respond for at least 2 days. We were stuck in the States with my daughter who desperately needed a prescription refill. 7 days later and after we have returned from our trip we are still waiting on that extremely important prescription while my daughter is desperately ill on the couch waiting. When I call the office they say "she will get to it" Pharmacy has faxed request 3 times now. I blame the staff more then the Dr.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Much better than previous MD, She spends time with you (not 20 patients per hour as OHIP recommends..don't stutter). Carola seems quite knowledgable reguarding alternative methods. I believe this is due to being an athelete herself (marathon runner). Good looking and nice personality help also. Allows me to particiapte in my "cures" rather than shouting "Don't tell me how to do my job!" like the previous one. Highly recommended for the patient that doesn't want to be treated as medically ignorant. Explanations are good, technical as I can handle. Definitely not for everybody but the best I have encountered. I've been to a few in my 60 years.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009