Ratings for Dr. Lisa Beth Friedland

Seemed preoccupied and flippant. I'm sure she is a good doctor etc., but (when I could get a word in) she was inattentive, not caring and rushed me away. She was in such a rush I didn't even know my appointment was over until she threw me my prescription.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Very unwelcoming doctor. Made me feel super uncomfortable and don't have anything good to say about her.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Very professional and caring; takes time to find root cause and takes detailed time to explain and make sure you understand.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

She seemed very caring, knowledgeable and helpful at first which made me trust her, but she later became extremely rude, condescending, accusatory and unprofessional so that I never wanted to see her again.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Moved from Calgary to Fort McMurray now. Started missing Dr. Friedland. She cares so much about me and patient. Hope to find a doctor who can give me the same nice, professional care as Dr. Friedland.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

When I first met Dr. Friedland, I felt like she was a blessing. She seemed so inquisitive and caring but I never thought my medical issues would be treated the way she did. It seemed like the level of care declined with every visit and she just kept chucking new pills at me each time and would not take my concerns seriously. I really regret seeing her all these years and wish I had found another doctor before my illness caused me to leave my job and left me with high financial stress as well. It seemed all my concerns fell on deaf ears. Staff is kind but a few are abrupt and uncaring. Never on time. I always leave 2-3 hours after my scheduled appointment time because I'm never seen within an hour of my appointment time. She is knowledgeable but only on things that she feels are wrong with you and not actually digging into the issue to see if that's the entire matter.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I started seeing Dr Friedland after my results for my urine test came back positive for chlamydia. I never in a million years thought I could ever contract an STD. Dr. Friedland calmed me down and assured me that this could be treated. She saw how terrified I was and was extremely supportive and helpful in finding out who I contracted it from. I never once felt like she was judging me. I have been seeing her ever since and I have nothing but good things to say about her. She performs my yearly pap/physical and makes me feel comfortable during this uncomfortable process. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Friedland for well over a year now. She uses empathy and curiosity to let the patient speak about her concerns to find and resolve the original issue - not just treat superficial symptoms or cut the patient off after one symptom is described. I have visited a lot of doctors and specialists, and have to say Dr. Friedland surpasses my expectations on nearly all metrics. Hope I can find an equally thorough and understanding doc once I leave the university!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Very good doctor, I wish I could have her as my family doctor! I booked an appointment with her here at U of C and she is amazing!!! Very recommended!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Very thorough , friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back to see her .

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013