Ratings for Dr. Jaco Du Toit

Dr. Du Toit was recommended to us before we moved to Chilliwack 3 years ago. We feel very grateful to have him for our doctor. He makes a point of listening to both of us. He also puts the responsibility on us to be pro-active about our own health care, which is the way it should be. After any tests or blood work we've had done he's right on top of things and will call us in if necessary. His assistant makes us feel very welcome and is always cheerful. While some people may complain about either the Doctor or assistant, it is up to the patients to establish a good and honest working relationship with them. We're not keen on the wait times to get into to see Dr. Du Toit but realize this is the way of life now. Again, we feel very fortunate to have him for our doctor.:)

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Busy office and can have long waits but worth it!! Doc takes the time to listen and his receptionist is always a delight acknowledging every person walking through the door by name AND with a smile!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Du Toit is great but his receptionist is the rudest person I have come across in a very long time. I have worked in health care for over 30 years and if I ever talked to a patient the way she talked to me, I would have been fired.

Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr DuToit is very knowledgable and thorough. He will refer to specialists in a very timely manner should this be necessary. He actively listens and is forthright with the info provided. His receptionist is excellent, kind, friendly and an excellent first contact when coming to the office. Am very appreciative of the care my family is receiving.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Dutoit is excellent. He is very thorough and very knowledgeable. He makes even going to a doctor a pleasant experience. I have been with him since he moved here. He has taken on too many patients now because we have to now wait 2 or 3 weeks to get in, that is too long. Liked it better when we could get in to see him the same week that we called. As for those people that complain they wait too long in the waiting room, don't complain! He doesn't rush his visits with his patients he takes time to review things, and waiting also means that when it is your turn he won't rush you either. Complainers you can always find your self another doctor I am sure that will scoot you in and out in 5 minutes? is that patient care? I don't think so!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Du Toit dropped the ball. What would he do without the computer in front of him? Would love to find another G.P, but we all know how difficult that is. Though he is very personable, I'll keep looking for another G.P. Helpful and friendly assistant/receptionist.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I am very impressed with Dr. du Toit and his treatment plan for myself and wife; we both suffer from a variety of significant illnesses which has took on in a pro-active fashion. He is a confident and highly considerate doctor who reflects a significantly professional manner; his practice is growing leaps and bounds which tends to slow him down a bit in terms of punctuality. In time I suspect he will open his own clinic and likely take on partners who can alleviate some of the workload. All told an excellent and kind doctor. Hope to remain a patient for many years to come.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

He always make me feel valued as a patient. Very personable and great bedside manner. He takes his time and is very thorough. I'm glad he accepted me as a patient!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I don't see him very often but in the past 3 or 4 years I've found Dr. Du Toit to be top notch! He's friendly, patient, thoughtful, and caring. He asks a lot of questions before deciding the best course of action. He's a puzzle solver and I feel like I'm his helper. : ) If I made a list of all the things I'd want in a doctor, he'd get full marks for everything on that list. I've seen him interact with people of all ages in the hallway as he makes his rounds. He's a roll model doctor in my opinion. His assistant is super as well. Very pleasant and very caring.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

his receptionist is bi polar really. I dont feel heard my issue has been on going with him saying oh that doesnt work well try this he took me off a med and then tried to put me back on it forgetting he took me off it. i always feel bad after an appointment with him like im a bother or something so sad.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016