Ratings for Dr. Arnolda Eloff

Terrible neurologist. She barely looked through my chart and told me I was basically out of options. She told me nothing about the drugs she gave me, while believing they wouldn't work. When I was telling her about my pain, she told me "that's terrible" and then did nothing to help. Waste of my time seeing her.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

she prescribed two medications together that helped treat my migraines we are now investigating into whether or not those medications are the cause of possible heart and lung damage. She was rude, late and refuses to hear your opinion or listen to the possibility of anything other than prescribed medication

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Worst experience ever. This doctor told me I was wasting resources and said there is nothing she could do the first visit.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Excellent listener and very helpful . Takes care of my daughter and comfort her. Very patient and helpful at anytime we needed her help. Try her best and always follow up

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Worst experience ever. Unfortunately all the negative things written here are true, she was unprofessional and rude, prescribed a lot of medicines without asking question the minimum basic question to get a clear picture of the problem, or even considering the interaction among the prescribed medicine. How can this happens over and over? All of the sudden she got up and left, exactly as described by somebody else here. Fortunately she is retiring, happy to hear that. Nobody deserves to be treated this way. Any person getting an appointment with a Neurologist has a problem that requires careful examination no this unprofessional "treatment". The nurse on the other hand, was caring and patient.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Eloff gave me prescriptions that contradicted the information on my medical chart. I had to return to clinic to show the staff the prescriptions and medical information she had written. One of the nurses crossed out some of the information and gave me different directions. The day of my appointment Dr Eloff did not appear fully cognizant. It was very strange. I have to agree with most of the other reviews written; she was very curt and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr Eloff was the worst doctor that I have seen regarding my chronic headaches. She barely looked through my medical records before she diagnosed me with New Daily Persistent Headache, which is basically a category of headaches. She did this without even looking at my MRI results. She offered no help as to what might be causing my headaches, no additional testing that could be done and had a terrible bedside manner. I wouldn't recommend anyone going to see her and am glad that she is retiring so that I can go see a different neurologist.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

This Dr had diagnosed me prior to meeting me and didn't listen to a word I said. She has come into my appointments with the wrong file and calling me by another name. She denied me basic testing and when another dr ordered the test she said "You live in Canada so I guess you can waste money on these things." After taking multiple medications that did not resolve my issue, she told me there is nothing that can be done for my condition and she was discharging me. She refused to refer me to another neurologist stating she has already diagnosed me and there's nothing any dr can do to help me. I asked if they would do further testing to find the source of my neurological problems and she replied "not until post mortem." I'm in my 30s! I've attempted to get a new neuro and been denied 3x since I've already had a neurological work up by this excuse for a dr. I will be filing a formal complaint with alberta health services patient relations department. The other CHAMP staff were helpful and kind, I'm not sure how this Dr keeps her job.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Unfortunatley the negative reviews are all true. Let me walk you through the appointment I just had. This woman coldy introduced herself and began to ask me questions from a form. She cut me off while answering most of her questions and moved on to the next one, indicating that she really couldn't care less. Ten minutes into the appointment she ceased discussion of my debilitating migraines to discuss my weight. She compared me to a hippo and an elephant and without mincing words told me all of my problems were due to my weight. I tried to explain to her that I've been active and had in fact lost 30 pounds before my migraines began, and that recently horrible pain had started spreading through my body rendering me almost unable to walk from one room to the other. She wasn't interested. She told me to eat less. When she began talking about new medication I informed her I am currently suffering from depression and anxiety and yet she decided to prescribe a medication notorious for causing these problems to worsen. She then informed me that she was leaving the practice and I would have to reapply to get a new neurologist. She then left. No notice that the appointment was done she just got up and left. One of the lovely RN's then came in to go over the prescriptions and patiently waited as I sobbed over the cruelty I had just been handed out. She offered to set up another appointment with a new Neuro, I said I'd think about it. I don't know if I'll ever take her up on that offer. Over the past year I've really learned that speacialists can't be trusted. This appointment was supposed to be a game changer, well it definitley changed how I'll play the medical game from now on. Avoid this doctor-if you can even call her that-at all costs. You'll leave hurt, confused and insulted rather than excited for a pain free future. If you're reading this, Dr. Eloff, I think you need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and think about the way you've treated your patients. I understand you are very educated and have been a neurologist for a very long time but you seem to have forgotten that your patients are human beings and not just numbers or a paycheck. Your patients should leave your office excited to see a future where their neurological symptoms have been resolved, not feeling like a mental breakdown is immenent, as it seems so many of us have. You need to look AND listen. And finally you need to remember that doctors are meant to heal, not hurt.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I feel compelled to write a review for Dr Eloff after reading only negative reviews. Our experience with Dr Eloff has been life changing. She has been nothing but kind, professional, caring and an excellent diagnostician AND her support staff are equally amazing. My husband is finally able to manage his migraines because of Dr Eloff's vast range of knowledge and experience in her field. I highly recommend her for management of migraines and overall chronic pain.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014