Ratings for Dr. Roberto Hernandez Alejandro

Dr.Hernandez and his team are the best of the best. Dr Hernandez is a very compassionate individual. His talent and knowledge is remarkable. He successfully preformed the ALPPS procedure on me and I will forever be grateful to him. Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester is very fortunate to have him. He is a wonderful doctor. I thank you Dr. Hernandez.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Hernandez and his team are excellent. Although I'm very lucky in that I don't need Dr. H's more specialized services (he does liver transplants and complex surgery for liver cancer), he operated on me for a hernia last summer. I was nervous before the surgery, but as soon as he entered the Pre-Op area and saw me, I felt instantly better: there is something about his presence that is inherently calming. His assistant Lois is amazing: she answers emails and returns calls very quick and is also very friendly. I want to make one general point about waiting times in the clinic: at my last meeting with him and his team, I was scheduled for 3:00 and I wasn't out of there until much later. First I saw a medical student, then a senior resident, and then Dr. H. himself with the whole team. It all took a while, with waiting in between. However, each gave me a very thorough exam and took great care to answer my questions. I would much, much rather they took this time and ran late than rushed people through to stay on schedule.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that had matastacized to my liver, in June of 2014. The news was devastatating for my family and I, however, I decided to fight this disease with tme to two doctors, Dr. Roberto Hernandez-Alejandro and Dr. Mike Ott, who were not only he help of my doctors. I thank God for leading amazing surgeons, but wonderful people as well. Dr. Hernandez is a man of great integrity and I respect him very much. Dr. Hernandez and his entire team are a great asset to the medical world and a blessing to individuals like myself - experiencing very stressfull and challenging life obstacles. I consider myself a simple person, and English is not my first language. With that said, I did not always understand everything that was told to me by my doctors, but thanks to my son who was always with me at appointments and the patience of my doctors, I was able to understand throughout the entire process what I could expect in my treatment and what my progress was. When I looked in the eyes of Dr. Hernandez and his team, I could see that these individuals were doing everything in their power to make me healthy again. I trusted that every decision they made with regards to my treatment was for the best of my health. Dr. Hernandez's assistant Jeff, is very dedicated to his profession and is an extremely talented and ambitious young man - who is willing to do anything for the well being of his patients. From his words, disposition and smile, it is clear that he is also a caring and compassionate individual. When I was in the hospital for 10 days, Jeff came to visit me everyday at 6 am and every evening at 7pm, he encouraged me and gave me strength to continue fighting my disease. My surgery was a great success and together Dr. Hernandez and Dr. Ott were able to remove all the cancer in my liver and colon. I will forever be greatful to my doctors for everything they did for me and my family throughout this very difficult time.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Hernandez is passionate about what he does. Not only is he a great surgeon, but he has a wonderful bedside manner. I don't know how he manages to remain as punctual as he does, because he never rushes through an appointment with his patients, and takes the time to explain everything thoroughly and answer all questions. He successfully performed ALPPS on our father, and we will be forever grateful for his willingness to try something new when surgeons at another hospital said that nothing could be done for the cancer.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr.Hernandez and his team were very helpful when my gallbladder was inflamed. I was in hospital for five days while they treated me. I then had the gallbladder removed and feel so much better. The incisions healed nicely and his staff were very informative and kind. I would recommend his team and the University hospital in London if you are ever sick.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013