Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Blake

Outstanding Doctor. She listened, she understood, and helped me understand what I have been going through, and she has helped me when no one else could. And so knowledgeable. Cannot recommend highly enough

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I was travelling for 2 hours through rush hour traffic to get to my first appointment only to be told it had been cancelled. Her staff were not particularly helpful and I left in tears. When I finally met Dr. Blake another day I was impressed that she was able to correctly diagnose my problem where 3 specialists had failed and had tried to label it as a mental health issue. Treatment was effective and I credit her for solving a 7 to 8 year problem in just a couple of visits.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr. Blake was following my condition, but after my last visit there seemed to be confusion as to when I should be followed up again. It has been 20 months since my last visit and I was just informed by Sunnybrook when I called to make another appointment I was told she was no longer at the hospital and had moved to Ottawa. I am shocked, as a patient she was following regularly, that I did not receive a call and a referral to another doctor there. Further, she never transferred my records to my family doctor (despite numerous requests). I am very disappointed and continue to be reminded that one has to be informed and fully responsible for your own care - physicians have little to no organizational or follow up skills. There is no patient care outside the exam room.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Blake did not seem to have read my file; she didn't know why I was there, what tests I'd had or the test results. She would not have taken any steps to alleviate the pain of the procedure if I had not asked. The procedure was not effective; I still have post-menstrual bleeding and cramps.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I was very disappointed by this doctor as she had not been able to provide me with a diagnosis for a whole year! She had no clue why I had been experiencing pain. So I went to see another gynecologist who said that I had had endometriosis so he gave me medication which finally eliminated my pain.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012