Ratings for Dr. Richard Cook

Repaired my mitral valve. Was very kind and knowledgeable throughout the whole experience. Very glad I had him as my cardiac surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Mitral valve repair, annuloplasty ring implantation, VGH done on me by Dr. Richard Cook on July 2012. He is extremely a knowledgeable and helpful doctor. He finds time to answer and discuss all questions asked of him. Thank you so much Dr. Cook for your job well done and more power to you.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

One of the best minimally invasive heart surgeon in BC. He is always calm, friendly and super knowledgeable. I was so well that I got sent home 4 days after my valve replacement surgery at VGH. Thank you so much for saving my life Dr. Cook!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

Dr Richard Cook did a bypass operation on me using the Minimally Invasive Direct Cardiac Arterial Bypass (MID-CAB) on November 26, 2014. It was done so well I felt like a normal person on the 3rd day after the surgery, with only minimal pain from deep breathing. On the 6th day, my condition was so improved that I had to remind myself that I had just gone through an operation and that I had to allow my body to heal.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Mitral valve repair surgery performed by Dr. Cook in July of 2012. Has given me a new lease on life. Great individual and extremely knowledgeable. Always found the time to answer any questions asked. His calm demeanor was very reassuring.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Dr Cook changed my life. Quintuple bypass in 2011, I'm now back to doing every sport I wasn't able to do. Hike, kayak, bike, swim, ski, anything is possible because of him. I owe him my new life. Best surgeon ever!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Two weeks from diagnosis, 100% blockage of LDA, (widow maker),until Da Vinci robotic surgery performed by Dr. Richard Cook, VGH, April 2013, he simply saved my life! Not much more to say, other than he's a great guy!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Dr. Cook performed my dad's heart surgery 2 years ago - a removal of a myxoma tumour combined with a quadruple bypass. Our whole family was very impressed by his approach during the consultation and in preparing my dad for surgery, during a time that was very scary for our family. We feel a lot of gratitude - thank you Dr. Cook!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

as soon as as he enters a room he eludes calmness and assurance and makes you feel at ease. explains evertyhing to you and takes time with you great bedside manners

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013