Ratings for Dr. Richard Cook

No words can express my appreciation for Dr. Cook and the VGH staff. This man could obviously excel and become extremely wealthy as a entrepreneur , but instead use his skills to save lives.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

A year and a half ago, Dr Cook did a valve replacement and a double bypass for my Mom. Today, my Mom is on a plane headed for a Caribbean cruise with the entire family. Thank you Dr Cook!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Well Dr. Cook, I'm approaching my 9th anniversary in June of my quintuple bypass performed by you. I was 58 at the time. Since then, I've helped raise my two wonderful grandchildren now 4 and 6. I'm retired as well as my wife of 40 years. I have it all as a result of your skill and dedication. Not to mention all the team around you at VGH. THANK YOU so much.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

RICHARD COOK SAVED MY MOM'S LIFE! Love you Dr. Richard Cook!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I had Dr.Cook for bypass surgery in 2008. He asked if I would allow the team to use Jack the robot for my surgery. I asked him about the advantages of using a robot and he answeared all questions with very reasonalable answers so I signed the consent forms. He and the whole staff were the best doctors and support people I have ever had. Thanks for keeping me alive and well.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Repaired my mitral valve. Was very kind and knowledgeable throughout the whole experience. Very glad I had him as my cardiac surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Mitral valve repair, annuloplasty ring implantation, VGH done on me by Dr. Richard Cook on July 2012. He is extremely a knowledgeable and helpful doctor. He finds time to answer and discuss all questions asked of him. Thank you so much Dr. Cook for your job well done and more power to you.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

One of the best minimally invasive heart surgeon in BC. He is always calm, friendly and super knowledgeable. I was so well that I got sent home 4 days after my valve replacement surgery at VGH. Thank you so much for saving my life Dr. Cook!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

Dr Richard Cook did a bypass operation on me using the Minimally Invasive Direct Cardiac Arterial Bypass (MID-CAB) on November 26, 2014. It was done so well I felt like a normal person on the 3rd day after the surgery, with only minimal pain from deep breathing. On the 6th day, my condition was so improved that I had to remind myself that I had just gone through an operation and that I had to allow my body to heal.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Mitral valve repair surgery performed by Dr. Cook in July of 2012. Has given me a new lease on life. Great individual and extremely knowledgeable. Always found the time to answer any questions asked. His calm demeanor was very reassuring.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013