Ratings for Dr. Gary Belen

I started having eye pain and loss of vision when I woke up last Saturday morning. Dr. Belen was on call for my regular doctor and recommended that I come in to see him right away. I was diagnosed with acute angle closure glaucoma. Dr. Belen performed a laser surgery that same morning to relieve my eye pressure and saved my vision. I am grateful that I have my sight back and can't thank Dr. Belen enough for taking care of me!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

The Omni Eye Vision Specialists is nothing more than a chop shop. People are treated like items on an assembly line. I had the misfortune to see Dr. Belen for glaucoma. I ignored the working signs: 1. DR Belen does not read your medical records prior to performing surgery. 2. He uses a one size fits all approach for all his surgeries. 3. I insisted that my prior medical records be read since I also have keratoconus; however, he did not even bother had he done so my sight would not have been compromised by YAG Surgery he performed. 4. Post op visit, my vision was worse. He said he could not tell whether it was better or worse since he had not taken a baseline of my vision prior to the surgery. He said it should have been done but it was too late to do now. He became rude and hostile. He said it may have been due to the keratoconus. Eventhough, prior to the surgery, Belen stated that the keratoconus would not present any additional risk regarding the surgery.

Submitted October 25, 2013

I am so glad that my optometrist referred me to Dr. Belen for my cataract surgeries. I appreciated that he took the time to explain the procedure and how it would benefit me. I am able to see better than ever, and the surgery was quick and painless. I would highly recommend Dr. Belen to anyone needing cataract surgery!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

Dr. Belen has been treating my glaucoma since I was diagnosed four years ago. He did an excellent job of explaining my prognosis and treatment options. I've been able to control my disease without eyedrops after he performed a laser treatment on both of my eyes. He is a very compassionate doctor that takes his time to make sure all my questions are answered at every visit. I've since had my two adult children seen by Dr. Belen and thankfully they are alright.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

I had cataract surgery with Dr. Belen three months ago. I was very nervous, but Dr. Belen did a very good job of explaining the procedure and all of my intraocular lens options. I ended up choosing the ReSTOR multifocal lens and now I can see distance and near without glasses! Everything turned out great, and I am so glad I had the procedure with Dr. Belen! His staff was also very friendly and helpful, and made me feel comfortable and relaxed during the whole surgical experience. I would recommend Dr. Belen to anyone who needs cataract surgery!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Dr. Gary Belen's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)