Ratings for Dr. Prunella Moonsamy

No. She is not amazing, not knowledgeable at all. Not willing to help. The most stressful and upsetting experience with a doctor we have ever had. Some of excellent reviews here seem to be added by staff.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

She is an amazing Dr! Knowledgable and always willing to help!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I saw her since my gp was unavailable. I have never met a doctor so cold. I saw her due to severe back pain. I was told previously it was because I had two herniated discs but this doctor made me feel stupid as if I was lying, exaggerating or looking for drugs. I hobbled out of her office in tears. Shame on you for not taking peoples pain seriously, not everyone is looking for pain pills for just the sake of it. I came to your office looking for genuine help but instead was treated horribly. I hope you remember who I am. I was the lady with the baby that I could barely lift up due to severe pain.shame on you.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I love Dr moonsamy and she has always been respectful and always listen to how I'm feeling.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015

I would never see this doctor again or recommend her. I came to her in an emergency as my husband and I recently seperated and I was having anxiety attacks at work which would result in me crying. She was very rude and was smiling and almost laughing when I was crying. She stated I don't just give ativan to people off the street. You know this is a highly addictive and being sold on the streets. I had already told her I am a nurse and she still spoke to me like I was stupid and was drug seeking. As seen on my file I have never had ativan or ever requested it. Doctors are suppose to help people not speak down to them and have them leave feeling even worse then when they came.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr Moonsamy is always helpful and on time. She has a great feal of knowledge and always researches any thoughts or ideas you bring to the table

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

i'm so greatful that dr . prunella moonsamy came along when she did.my regular male gp just retired & i was very nervous about a new doctor.she's so thorough,great listener,awesome doctor.she even had her office call my daughter ,as she needed antibiotics badly.god bless u prunella.keep smilin & doin an awesome job at ur work.ur amazing

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I am a newer patient with Dr. P. Moonsamy. I have a chronic issue which I have never had successful diagnosis or resolution of with previous family doctors. Dr. Moonsamy has taken a methodological and sensible approach to my issue. She has encouraged me to report and test symptoms quickly. She appears to have good knowledge of the subject, and does not hesitate to tell me her opinion of things, for example when I ask her about something I could try or do to relieve symptoms or solve my problem. I appreciate her medical opinion as a Doctor and take it as such, an educated opinion. I find her courteous and although I do have to wait for appointments, she apologizes when she is running late . I accept this because if I had a complicated or serious issue that ran overtime I would hope she wouldn't dismiss me quickly - so I allow for that, and plan in extra waiting time for any Doctor or specialist appointment I make. She is willing to make recommendations to specialists when required. For the first time in many years I feel I have a possibility of getting to the bottom of the problem.. I have really appreciated the staff for their politeness & calling about test results .

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I have felt extremely fortunate to have Dr. Moonsamy as my GP. After fighting for over a year with strange pains, she was patient enough to do a thorough evaluation and was able to catch a potentially life threatening health problem that other GPs had ignored. She has been respectful of my mental health issues and is one of the only doctors to not dismiss my physical health issues due to my mental health issues. She is rather detatched, which I see as a plus because I don't feel like I am being judged; I just another person in her queue. I would not recommend her to someone looking to create a personal relation with their GP though, as she keeps it business like.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Unpleasant and condescending as many others mention. I have never asked for pain medication before, though I have Osteo Arthritis and degenerating discs. She said I would have to come back weekly because she gave me pain pills. She had not read the specialists report. Got the main information wrong, saying my problem is Carpal Tunnel when its a degenerating disc. Idiot. She is always late. I intend to find a new Doctor. She is awful.

Submitted September 23, 2014