Ratings for Dr. Prunella Moonsamy

I have found it hard to trust this Dr. and am in the process of looking for a new Dr. the last thing this Dr. did to me was to cut my medicine from 90 tabs per month to 40 without discussing this with me as this was morphine it has impacted my life.I am going to go to emerg to see if they can help. withdrawal is a very unpleasant feeling. I have been on this medication for 15 years for chronic pain.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I have never been rushed and she has always taken time to listen to my concerns and address them. I feel very comfortable talking to her about any problem and I know I have her full, caring attention. Surprised with other reviews

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I found this doctor personable and friendly, easy to talk to, helpful and not judgemental. I’m surprised comments below show different experiences.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Oh my.. This should be the most horrible GP on the Island.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Among other concerns: poor bedside manner, does not answer questions, keeps patients waiting just to kick you out in few minutes of so called "appointment". On top of this: rude office staff.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Doesn't listen well to concerns. Diagnosis send to be through visual rather than physical inspection. Great at referring to specialists tho. Visits remind me of two things... "not all doctors finish at the top of the class... and General Practitioners know a TINY bit about a LOT of things.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

This doctor (?) takes too much personal into her job. If she does not like you or you case, you will see it by her attitude/speech manner & unethical remarks.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

This woman was one of the most awful doctors I have ever gone to. She wasn't interested in the issues I was having, because I'd had Cancer in the past and that seemed to be more her focus. I tried to talk to her about her unpleasant manner of treating me as though I were an idiot and she 'fired' me. I heard later she does that if people are late for appointments or if she doesn't like them. She shouldn't be a doctor. She's too disrespectful and uninterested.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I have to agree with the negative posts I have read. I would rather wait for another doctor/day if my condition is not serious than see her again. I guess in a doctor shortage country we get what we get. This is why I like both public and private health care. I would chose private any day, they have to work for their clientelle. They don't have a "just get paid by the number of patients seen" attitude.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Moonsamy is thorough and respectful. I never feel rushed with her and find that she takes my perspectives and questions seriously. I appreciate that she doesn't think about symptoms in isolation but rather as part of a system.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017