Ratings for Dr. Aaron Jackson

I have been a patient of Dr. Jackson and the Ottawa Fertility Clinic for the past two years. For the most part, I am satisfied with Dr. Jackson and the clinic. However, you do feel a sense that the OFC is overwhelmed by patients and doesn't seem to have the capacity to deliver a more personalized service. Trying to get a hold of a nurse can be frustrating over the phone; very rarely have I been able to reach anyone without leaving messages and getting a call back. However, the staff examining you and looking after you throughout your procedures deserve special mention because they really make you feel comfortable and relaxed. I did feel at times, my meetings with Dr. Jackson were slightly impersonable and rushed. However, she was quite thorough with regards to explaining my treatment options. Also, trying to get an appointment with her even post treatment can take weeks, which can be frustrating because after a failed ivf cycle you would like to see your RE sooner. Overall, my experience has been positive but I do feel the clinic and the doctors need to work a little harder at making patients feel more valued.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

We have been referred to her by our family physician. Our experience with her has been very disappointed to say the least. Everytime we meet her she is not giving any useful information. she spends less than 10 minutes and rush us out.i don't feel she is thorough at all. her staff is not helpful either. they don't provide clear information or directions. in some occasions for example she missed to sign a form required for our treatment stating it's not required, when in fact it is. how can she miss a required signatory form if she has been doing this for many years. we had to call her office to make sure she signs it adding more time wasted , time off from work and trips to her clinic. On another occasion her staff notified us last minute of a fee we had to pay the day before seeing her. when in previous meetings we kept confirming with dr Jackson and her staff if there is any other fee that we needed to be aware of, and we were told there wasn't.i complained about the non disclosure of fees to the admin manager but nothing was done on their part to correct it. Whenever i did my blood work the nurses promised they will call for the result but i never get a call back. when i followed up the answer I get is that the doctor will discuss about it when you see her. And it usually takes more than a month to book an appointment with dr. Jackson. So pretty much i am left at their mercy. I never felt Dr. Jackson discussed thoroughly about other options or what is best course of action for us. instead she gives us numbers and percentages and expects us to go and choose what is best for us. i wouldn't recommend this clinic nor this doctor. our experience has beem extremely frustrating, disappointing and has added nothing but stress. you are better off going to out of town clinic. Ottawa fertility clinic is NOT the best choice if you want a helpful, knowledgeable and supportive environment.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Jackson is the most warm and caring doctor my husband and I have met. Infertility is a very difficult experience to go through and we need to have a doctor who cares enough and can reassure us when we feel worried that the treatments may not ultimately work for us. She is also incredibly knowledgable but she does not have the arrogance some physicians have and is open to our questions. Most importantly, she instills hope, which is half of the battle I feel. Regardless of what happens in the end with our infertility, my husband and I are very thankful that we have the most amazing doctor we could have wished for going though this very difficult process. We cannot thank her enough for everything she has done for us!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Jackson is the most personable doctor I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She wasn't my IVF specialist at OFC, but she did my egg retrieval, she called me to discuss our frozen embryos, and I met her again during my FET. Dr. Jackson has a way of putting you at ease. She's very down-to-earth, and she is "human". She celebrates your successes, and she's there for the tougher conversations too. She's very real, and she's smart. She also has a good sense of humor. Humor goes a long way!!! Each time I've spoken with her I've felt very at ease. She is perfectly suited for her job. Infertility is a real journey, with lots of downs and the occasional up, but having an amazing doctor sure does help. I would recommend her any day!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr Jackson is a wonderful fertility doctor. We had a great experience. She listened, didn't discourage any questions and gave us plenty of options. I never felt "pushed" to do any expensive treatment. She was informative, a listener and plus had a great sense of humour. We went at our own pace, and myself and my husband made our own decisions. I loved her attitude of "I will get you pregnant" without any BS, or coddling. She won't hold your hand and cry with you- she will guide you and provide the best solution she can. You also fall into the hands of her colleagues when you have an IVF cycle, all of which were stellar stand-ins. We will be back if needed to see her for our second! Have patience- it's a fertility clinic. They serve hundreds at a time.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Amazing Doctor very reassuring and staff are great . Thank you

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

We arrived 15 minutes early for appointment as it suggests on the website, and Dr. Jackson was approximately 30 minutes seeing us for our initial consult. After taking a brief medical history, she wrote off our concerns about our fertility and gave us very different information than our GP had given and suggested we just keep trying. She did schedule follow up blood work and more tests so that she could get a more complete picture. I was diagnosed with PCOS many years ago and have managed to regulate my cycles with weight loss but still have the hirsutism and abnormal hormones, she suggested that I never had it and we just hadn't been trying long enough. I didn't feel like my questions were answered or fears validated. I left the appointment feeling very disheartened and more confused than I was before the appointment.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Dr. Jackson and her staff are amazing! She is patient, kind, and explains everything in detail. Her office staff always return calls promptly and appointments are made in a timely manner. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Jackson and I would recommend her to anyone. It was so nice to have a doctor you could trust adn count on when going through the very difficult process of infertility.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

It is a cold environment. I didn't feel like she cared. I had questions since i know nothing about in vitro, the risks etc. its a stressful experience to go through and all she did is gave me some booklets to read at home. I was not feeling welcome to ask her questions. Her secretary is not nice, not smiling and you feel more like you bother her.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

I was not super thrilled with the level of care we received from Dr. Jackson. We have been trying to conceive for some time and met with her in Sept. We had scheduled an appt to review the results but due to some personal issues it slipped our minds. We received no reminder notification like we do with all others in the medical field. Finally met up with her 2 months later and she referred us to a weight mgmt specialist saying it would help our chances in conceiving. She never told us there was a specific BMI we had to reach. It wasn't until we went in to sign the consent forms, or so we thought, that we found out that there was a specific target I had to reach. That was 4 months later. That was very frustrating as we were losing weight, just not very fast. She also didn't prescribe and folic acid until we asked for it. Ended up asking for a referral to another clinic.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2012