Ratings for Dr. Lee-Ann Hawkins

Dr Hawkins is so kind, caring and knowledgeable plus she's fun and down to earth. She put me at ease (I was very nervous) and treated my hypertension and blood disorder perfectly. I am grateful to her and the office staff (also terrific) for helping me have a safe pregnancy.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

First appointment with this doctor was today. Booking staff were courteous and efficient. Parking at Foothills was awful but I was warned by my obstetrician. I was checked in promptly, on time. A very nice resident came in to see me first. He was thorough and kind. Dr. Hawkins came in after reviewing with the resident and had a good understanding of my medical issues courtesy of said resident. She took time to explain my condition, how it might impact my pregnancy and what options were available to me for treatment. She asked for my input and made sure that all of my questions were answered before I left the office. Overall the visit was excellent. I have no complaints. Dr. Hawkins is knowledgable, efficient and she has a pleasant demeanour.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

This doc is on speed. She talks a million miles an hour and barely breathes. I found her extremely stressful to deal with and found that she didn't really take time to listen. Her office staff is lovely though, and talked me through my horrific visit and encouraged me to come back and see another doc in the practice.

Submitted November 5, 2017

This doc is incredible. Compassionate, smart and respectful which is pretty much everything you want in a specialist. If you get referred to Dr Hawkins, you will be cared for very well!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

This doctor earned my respect and trust because of her honesty and knowledge. She took my health concerns seriously and I left her office feeling relieved that she listened to me and understood what was going on. When I called with a question a few weeks later, her assistant Bonnie got the answer and called me back promptly. I've never had a doctors office be so responsive. Overall my experience with this doctor was superb and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Dr. Hawkins is an incredible doctor. She knows her stuff and is so supportive. She doesn't judge but just helped me get better. Dr. Hawkins spent a lot of time talking about non drug treatment options. A lot of those things really worked to make me feel better and I think will help keep me healthier. Her admin assist Bonnie must be the nicest lady in the world. She also really cared about me.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Lee-Ann Hawkins. I was a FTM in my forties, and, in conjunction with my OB, she helped me through a high risk pregnancy where I was dealing with a multitude of unique physical challenges. For one aspect (endocrine pathology), she took the time to consult other relevant specialists and facilitated their making a difficult call on a medication not well understood in pregnancy (AND called to reassure me of how thoroughly that decision was researched and considered). In another appointment, one of her nurses (whose name I cannot recall unfortunately) caught a blood screen that showed borderline gestational diabetes and facilitated my referral to the Pregnancy in Diabetes Clinic (of note, I ended up developing full blown GD requiring insulin, and yet this result was overlooked previously by the nurse at another clinic). Special thanks is also owed to her outstanding Assistant, Bonnie - caring, intelligent, practical helpful and reassuring - a very rare combination in Calgary. If you are lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Hawkins as a patient, you are in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Hawkins provided such compassionate care for my elderly mother. As a nurse of 35 years, I've worked with many doctors in Calgary. Dr. Hawkins has a wonderful bedside manner coupled with expert knowledge. My mother and our family felt supported through a difficult hospitalization. She explained all that we needed to know and took time to answer all of our questions. My mother left the hospital feeling better than she has felt in 10 years with a shorter list of medications that were easy to take. Thank you Dr. Hawkins for helping my mum and for being such a nice person! Cheryl

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

fantastic doctor!!! Helped me so much. Looking forward to the next pregnancy

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Dr. Hawkins is truly one of a kind. She helped me through a pregnancy where I was very ill, vulnerable and terrified. I truly could not have made it through my ordeal without her. Special thanks to her wonderful secretary Bonnie, who is equally caring, kind and patient (I swear she even returns my worried calls after hours and on weekends!!!).

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015