Ratings for Dr. Ruchika Shukla

This doctor is a bad example of a good doctor. She is acerbic and downright rude most of the time. If I tell her that a specialist recommended a change in medication or dosage, she insults the specialist and tells me I'm her doctor and she knows better. Really? And what is her specialty? Rudeness? Self-centredness? Dr Stanley was incompetent, but this one has a chip so big, I'm surprised she doesn'y keep both arms in slings from the weight.Too bad I don't drive and can't find a real doctor,but I keep looking.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

My GP retired several years ago, so asking around I found out about Dr Stanley. Few years later Dr Shukla took over, she is very knowledgeable BUT I think someday's she is overwhelmed. I've been there several times and the office has been filled to a point where she has been in the hole, always running behind on patients and her schedule. I have a feeling that some patients don't come in prepared and dump on her all their health issues at once. I think her patients need to come in with one or two main issues that she can deal with and not view the time with her as a social event. She is friendly and attentive but patients need to do their part and not take up her time so much with minor issues and I think this is why her punctuality rating is rated only as average.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I have been going to this office for many many years. We have heaps of extended family going here as well. Dr. Shukla has her days. Someday shes so cheerful and helpful. Majority of the time...NO. There are comments that she is patronizing and etc and I agree. One visit, I had to pick something up and she was yelling that people don't understand how hard she works and that there is no money to be made in being a doctor and she does it only to help people. While that is commendable, the execution was in extremely poor taste. She is knowledgeable and tries to help as much as she can and we all appreciate it. I think she just needs to work on her bedside manner a bit.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Found her a bit patronizing and seemed full of herself.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I've been with Dr. Shukla for many years now. Apart from freely sharing her medical knowledge in plain English (a big win in my books as often doctors' hide behind medical terminology), she has always patiently listened to my concerns and shown empathy for any illness/suffering. Over the years it has been my personal experience that in addition to great patient care, she has also been very accurate with her medical diagnosis and prescriptions. Recently she went above and beyond the call when I wanted/needed to see a new specialist, she took time out of her day to call my current attending specialist to expedite the referral process. If you're looking for a GP doctor, I would highly recommend you try Dr. Shukla.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr. Shukla is an excellent doctor. She listens to patient concerns, and is very knowledgeable about medical conditions, possible treatments, and refers you to a specialist when the situation warrants it. Her manner is excellent with all age groups. She treats my daughter and my 90+ father as well as myself, and we all feel that she listens to our concerns and is empathetic. Thanks Dr. Shukla!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Shukla is a great doctor. I have been seeing her since she took over the practice. She is punctual, listens to patient concerns, and has genuine empathy for her patients. She is knowledgable and goes above and beyond any doctor I have had in the past to help with patient concerns, whether thats medical testing, prescriptions, suggesting other things that may help with the current issue. You can tell she really tries to get to know you as a whole person and not just a file number.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

"GREAT DOCTOR" We have been seeing her since she took over the practice. Both myself and my wife see her. Always compassionate and caring. Booked me into a specialist in a couple of days not months like some others. The receptionist always gets me a appointment for the times I request. Takes time to explain thing in understandable terms. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I think she don't really care so much she always tell me to book again I cant't always come back I have to work and my old dr always gave me a year of my prescription. But she is a good dr

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Shukla for almost two years. She has been an exceptional physician who has been proactive in her care and discerning in her diagnosis. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an energetic, helpful, perceptive and highly skilled and knowledgeable professional health care provider. Her referrals​ have been excellent.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017