Ratings for Dr. Ruchika Shukla

Dr. Shukla was my doctor when I lived in Vancouver and she is amazing. Every time I went in to see her she was very courteous, professional, and more importantly took the time to get to know me as a person, not just a patient. She's very friendly, informative, and not afraid to "tell you how it is", which is refreshing. Her medical expertise is second to none and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to friends or family.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

My first visit with Dr Shulka - she seemed professional but rather serious. I wasn't sure what I was getting. After subsequent visits she loosened up and became much more friendly, informative and talkative. She has been a wonderful doctor. Very sympathetic and understanding with my problems. She is young and doesn't have a problem with speaking her mind about anything. I find her "bedside manner" refreshing. She prefers to deal with one issue per visit rather than many which makes sense from a time standpoint. There appear to be some growing pains with the management of her office which I am sure will get straightened out soon, otherwise, I am a big fan of hers!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr. Shukla is an excellent young physician. My son (20), daughter (17) and I (55) are her patients. She relates to us all on our own level. She give extra time when needed. I know that pushed other patient's time back but when you are in the room "you are the only thing that matters." which is nice for a change ... I hope all her patients understand she give that level of attention to everyone! When its your health - It matters!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I been going to Dr Stanley for many years and I was there last week and found out that the assistant who has been with her has been let go I was really up set so I will be leaving her clinic do to letting her go for I have stayed because of her when she stayed with Dr. Shukla.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Shukla is an incredibly compassionate and kind physician. She is so proactive when I have an issue, and takes the time to give me the care I need. I have the greatest respect for her. She really cares about her patients. I am not sure why there are negative comments on this board. I only wonder if people have unreasonable expectations of physicians in BC, and don't realize how much doctors have to do in a day. If you are looking for outstanding medical care, Dr. Shukla is the one! I am so happy I found her!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Shukla is an excellent doctor. My family and I have been seeing her for almost 5 years. She is knowledgeable, personable, professional and accommodating. A couple of comments on this board have really surprised me. My family members and I have always been treated extremely well by Dr. Shukla. i am so glad that we have access to such good medical care when good family doctors are in short supply. Dr. Shukla, please know that you are highly valued by the wide majority of your patients, as these reviews reflect.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

This doctor is a bad example of a good doctor. She is acerbic and downright rude most of the time. If I tell her that a specialist recommended a change in medication or dosage, she insults the specialist and tells me I'm her doctor and she knows better. Really? And what is her specialty? Rudeness? Self-centredness? Dr Stanley was incompetent, but this one has a chip so big, I'm surprised she doesn'y keep both arms in slings from the weight.Too bad I don't drive and can't find a real doctor,but I keep looking.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

My GP retired several years ago, so asking around I found out about Dr Stanley. Few years later Dr Shukla took over, she is very knowledgeable BUT I think someday's she is overwhelmed. I've been there several times and the office has been filled to a point where she has been in the hole, always running behind on patients and her schedule. I have a feeling that some patients don't come in prepared and dump on her all their health issues at once. I think her patients need to come in with one or two main issues that she can deal with and not view the time with her as a social event. She is friendly and attentive but patients need to do their part and not take up her time so much with minor issues and I think this is why her punctuality rating is rated only as average.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I have been going to this office for many many years. We have heaps of extended family going here as well. Dr. Shukla has her days. Someday shes so cheerful and helpful. Majority of the time...NO. There are comments that she is patronizing and etc and I agree. One visit, I had to pick something up and she was yelling that people don't understand how hard she works and that there is no money to be made in being a doctor and she does it only to help people. While that is commendable, the execution was in extremely poor taste. She is knowledgeable and tries to help as much as she can and we all appreciate it. I think she just needs to work on her bedside manner a bit.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Found her a bit patronizing and seemed full of herself.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017