Ratings for Dr. Trevor Poole

I’ve had a great experience with Dr. Poole . Passionate and willing to listen . Although reception staff are extremely rude and not very personable what so ever .

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Best doctor ever!!! He treats my entire family and is always very helpful. He has an excellent staff as well.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I was lucky enough to learn about Dr. Poole through a co-worker. since then i moved to Hamilton and i refused to get another dr. for the very first time i don't feel like a number. Dr. Poole always listens to my concerns and he is very open to discuss treatment with me, he always takes in consideration my input and i feel i am very involved in my health care. I never have issues getting an appointment with him and his staff is always very courteous and helpful. Yes he is busy and i understand i am not his only patient so that is why i try to book appointments with him ahead of time for different issues. However if by the time the appointment comes i have another issue, dr. Poole never refuses to discuss the extra issue with me. He always gives me his undivided attention and i feel like he does care and listens. The phone greeting clearly states that this location is NOT a walk-in clinic and in case of an emergency to go to closest ER, so i don't understand the negative reviews pointing out to these issues.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Dr Poole had been punctual on all but one visit and was apologetic which was appreciated. Normally the wait in the waiting room is less than 10 min. It is nice to see a doctor who doesn't always push prescriptions; however if one is needed, he has never said no. Non emergent appointments do take a while to get but when I had an issue, the staff gave me an appointment about an hour later which was amazing. He's a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Poole and his staff saved my life. The negative ratings of this guy in this ratings site are WRONG.....he's an amazing and kind human being..Awesome doctor. I was suicidal, depressed for almost 45 years and he listened to me even when I felt I wasn't making sense. He cared. If you are lucky enough to have Dr. Poole as your GP, you're a fortunate person.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I have been his patient for a few years now. The receptionists and nurses are friendly and caring. Appointments can be late, which is fine considering he has given me extra time before. He is very friendly, patient and genuinely cares, which can be rare as an overworked doctor. As a GP, he has to know a lot about many different things but always makes an effort to learn. I like that he is not a pill pusher, but will px when it is necessary. His referrals to other doctors are great. I couldn't have asked for a better physician. He is on the younger side, which is great as he will grow with me and my family. He does not have privileges at RVH.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Reception staff are rude and condescending. Near impossible to get an appointment within a reasonable time period. Reception staff, who are not medical practitioners, ask very personal medical related questions that they should not be asking, nor do they have the expertise to properly assess. You should not be triaged when making an appointment to see your doctor. Constantly directed to attend walk-in clinic, or emergency department. Why have a family doctor?

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I have had Dr. Poole as my family's physician for the last 2.5 years and would recommend him to anyone (my extended family are now his patients as well!) ! He listens to his patients, and addresses their concerns. I have a 9 month old, as well as a 3 year old, and I am in there quite frequently. While there were issues in the past with getting through to the medical assistants, they have a new system, and it seems to have improved the overall experience. I have been able to get same day appointments, when there has been an emergency, and have even had him stick around the office to see my family. While he does not have privileges at RVH he does out of Soldiers Memorial, and a young family as well! My children love him, and my 3 year old even makes up illnesses to go and see him (a simple scrape on her hand etc.) or talks to him on the phone in her play kitchen. I am VERY happy that we have him as our physician!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I've never had to wait longer than 5 minutes in the waiting room. The doctor is very personable and listens to my concerns. He always seems to have reviewed my file before seeing me and is prepared. Any tests ordered are followed up on promptly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Trevor Poole is a great doctor I would rate him a 5. His secretarial staff is extremely rude and very cold. When people are down and dealing with health concerns these secretaries will argue give you attitude and bring you to another level of down. They do not how to give a helping hand when someone is reaching out.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014