Ratings for Dr. Trevor Poole

Dr Poole had been punctual on all but one visit and was apologetic which was appreciated. Normally the wait in the waiting room is less than 10 min. It is nice to see a doctor who doesn't always push prescriptions; however if one is needed, he has never said no. Non emergent appointments do take a while to get but when I had an issue, the staff gave me an appointment about an hour later which was amazing. He's a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Poole and his staff saved my life. The negative ratings of this guy in this ratings site are WRONG.....he's an amazing and kind human being..Awesome doctor. I was suicidal, depressed for almost 45 years and he listened to me even when I felt I wasn't making sense. He cared. If you are lucky enough to have Dr. Poole as your GP, you're a fortunate person.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I have been his patient for a few years now. The receptionists and nurses are friendly and caring. Appointments can be late, which is fine considering he has given me extra time before. He is very friendly, patient and genuinely cares, which can be rare as an overworked doctor. As a GP, he has to know a lot about many different things but always makes an effort to learn. I like that he is not a pill pusher, but will px when it is necessary. His referrals to other doctors are great. I couldn't have asked for a better physician. He is on the younger side, which is great as he will grow with me and my family. He does not have privileges at RVH.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Reception staff are rude and condescending. Near impossible to get an appointment within a reasonable time period. Reception staff, who are not medical practitioners, ask very personal medical related questions that they should not be asking, nor do they have the expertise to properly assess. You should not be triaged when making an appointment to see your doctor. Constantly directed to attend walk-in clinic, or emergency department. Why have a family doctor?

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I have had Dr. Poole as my family's physician for the last 2.5 years and would recommend him to anyone (my extended family are now his patients as well!) ! He listens to his patients, and addresses their concerns. I have a 9 month old, as well as a 3 year old, and I am in there quite frequently. While there were issues in the past with getting through to the medical assistants, they have a new system, and it seems to have improved the overall experience. I have been able to get same day appointments, when there has been an emergency, and have even had him stick around the office to see my family. While he does not have privileges at RVH he does out of Soldiers Memorial, and a young family as well! My children love him, and my 3 year old even makes up illnesses to go and see him (a simple scrape on her hand etc.) or talks to him on the phone in her play kitchen. I am VERY happy that we have him as our physician!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I've never had to wait longer than 5 minutes in the waiting room. The doctor is very personable and listens to my concerns. He always seems to have reviewed my file before seeing me and is prepared. Any tests ordered are followed up on promptly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Trevor Poole is a great doctor I would rate him a 5. His secretarial staff is extremely rude and very cold. When people are down and dealing with health concerns these secretaries will argue give you attitude and bring you to another level of down. They do not how to give a helping hand when someone is reaching out.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

We went through Ontario Health Connect to get a family doctor, and we were sent to this man. The secretarial staff was cold and aloof, bordering on insulting. When speaking with Dr. Poole, he may give a lot of nods, but refuses to take his client's opinions seriously. To put it short, he doesn't care a whit about his patients. My wife went to see him about a dislocated shoulder, and he told her to make another appointment, or go to a local walk in clinic. We told the staff to remove us as patients, and took our daughter to the Baby well clinic. She had her 1 year, and 15 month shots there, and Poole's office claimed payment for work they didn't do.THIS IS FRAUD! Now we cant get her 18 month shots done since he won't remove us as patients. I'm about to call a lawyer, and the media over this. We are definitely not pleased to say the least. If you care about your families health and welfare, chose another Doctor who actually knows how to do their job.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Do not use this doctor or this clinic. I have been with Dr. Poole for a year and a half now and have never been able to get in to see him when I need to. Most of the time you can't even get through on the office's phone line. He is never available for appointments and it takes at least two months to get in to see him. I have an infant and as a result of this my infant has been behind on all his vaccines and check ups. Even in an emergency situation, I have been unable to get an appointment, even if I say I will sit and wait all day at the clinic. The staff have been rude to me when I've spoken to them, even denying things they said to me and then lying about it and blaming me. I just had his office cancel an appointment I waited two months for. I asked if there was anyone else I could see because I'd had to book the entire day off work and they didn't even give me 24 hours notice. They said no and have told me there next available appointment isn't for another month from now.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Dr Poole took over the practice from our previous Doctor. Family of 4. We never get an appointment regardless of how serious the issue is. The staff are not helpful and do not care to hear what the issue is - the first thing out of their mouth is always "go to the clinic". What is the point of having a doc you can never see? I tried to make an apt today for my 16 year old daughter - told them it was for emotional issues/difficulties and that we needed bloodwork done. They said the first apt is Nov 27th - 23 DAYS LATER. Never asked the seriousness etc. Asked if we could see someone else to get the referral for the bloodwork so that he would have it before the apt - straight up no. Said to go to the clinic.??? Daughter is having serious issues dealing - I am supposed to wait 23 days just to get the script for bloodwork? They don't care - period. We will never go back. If a doc can just ignore a 16 yr old girl who has nowhere to turn they are of no use to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013