Ratings for Dr. Fady I. Sharara

Dr. Sharara helped us conceive our daughter in 2011 and we went back to him for our third child in 2016, once our insurance changed. In between, we used Shady Grove, and conceived our second child with them. Although I've had success at two clinics now, I can tell you I VASTLY prefer the care I received at VCRM. Dr. Sharara performed every ultrasound and test, rather than whatever doctor or nurse happens to be on that day. He gladly took my questions and respected my knowledge of my own body, taking that into consideration as treatment was planned. The personalized care was so much more pleasant than the baby factory approach at Shady Grove. I honestly felt that Dr. Sharara really and truly cared, not just about checking the box of getting me pregnant, but about helping me build my family. His efficiency is also bar none, your appts will always be on time, which I feel like is a small miracle in the medical profession. The staff is incredibly kind and caring, each and every person I ran into went out of their way to help me. I'm so grateful for the care I received here and am the smallest, tiny bit sad that our family is now complete, because I don't get to see them anymore!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I am writing as an egg donor working with Dr. Sharara's office. I can not be more pleased with the whole process. I have now donated two cycles, and currently waiting for my third. Appointment times are prompt, and I am never in the office for more than 15 minutes. Dr. Sharara does the ultrasound in every appointment and is there to answer any questions. He makes sure that I am healthy enough to continue to donate, and when I wasn't, it was pushed back another month to ensure my health. I do not feel like a number in this office, but more of family. Every one in the office from the front staff, to the nurses, knows my name. When communicating with the nurses, my emails are responded to the same day, usually within the hour. My medications are drawn up for me before I leave the office, to ensure I will get the correct doses every time. After surgery, my check is waiting for me before I leave. I can not say enough good things about working with this office. By the way, after putting in my initial application, I was chosen within the week by three different couples. I will definitely continue to work with Dr. Sharara.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Throughout my five cycles of donation with VCRM I always felt that Dr Sharara and his staff had my best interests at heart. I was never left with unanswered questions and I always felt welcomed at my appointments. Overall, I would definitely recommend this practice to anyone interested in their services!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I'm a GC which is how I've come across the facility and him. I always had a positive experience. The staff was prompt and helpful. Dr. Sharara was very knowledgeable, and I don't have anything negative to say about any of my visits.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Sharara might be a great Dr. for IVF and IUI cycle, but definitely not a good one for my case. Pros: - You should never wait even a minute in the office; - Staffs are great; -HE might be a great Dr. for IVF and IUI cycle, I do not have any experience. Cons: - He would give a printed ready list of supplement to every one, with out knowing the blood results; -He forgets what he said or mentioned in the other sessions. in 4 different sessions, he told me that there is a list of supplement that I should have! -He is lack of knowledge for women problems! -He is not spending time to explain to you what is going on and what is the problem; -He would just do an Ultrasound, without explaining and talking to you about your problem and spending any consultation time with you, and charge you for both Ultrasound and Physician, both! -His rate for IVF and IUI cycle are much more expensive than Shady Grove.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Fady Sharara is the person everybody should trust to have smile on your face :), trust me guys i am one of the happiest person in the world.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

We did some research before deciding which fertility clinic we should work with and after looking at Dr. Sharara's good reviews, we decided to go to his clinic. We went through 3 cycles/3 transfers with no luck. We went to Shady Grove Fertility Center and got pregnant the first cycle/transfer. Dr. Sharara is one man show and lacks organization. Even after the first failed cycle, he used the same protocols the second and the third cycle. Some of his staff are not friendly. Glad we went with SG!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

My husband and I had a terrific experience with Dr. Sharara and the Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. Once my husband and I discovered that IVF was going to be our only means of having a child, we actually started with Dominion Fertility. Our doctor at Dominion was in the midst of changing practices and after our initial consultation told us that he would no longer be with the practice. This prompted us to move over to Virginia Center of Reproductive Medicine. The switch was well worth it. I've never been to a doctor's office that has been run so efficiently in my life!! Never had to wait to be seen. All my appointments were on time and handled promptly. I just had an overall great experience. AND my treatment resulted in pregnancy in the first IVF transfer (which was the ultimate goal). I would recommend this practice to anyone considering fertility treatment.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

My husband and I turned to Dr. Sharara and the Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine after struggling for over 8 years to conceive, including two failed IUI attempts with a different fertility clinic. What brought us to Dr. Sharara’s office was the personalized level of attention we received as patients, and the detailed level of scientific care put into our treatment plan. Dr. Sharara and his team are dedicated to using the latest scientific techniques to help couples overcome infertility issues. They guided us step by step through every process, carefully explaining the findings and rationale behind the treatment plan that was tailored specifically to us. At any point along the way, we were always able to contact Dr. Sharara’s professional team with questions or to seek advice. Today, we are the proud parents of a young boy who is the light of our lives, and we are happy to say that we have another son on the way, both thanks to Dr. Sharara and the Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. His results rates are high because of the personalized dedication, care, and scientific expertise that set him at the top of the field in reproductive medicine. Diana and Benjamin Keay

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I had terrible experience with him. I had one IVF with no single embryo left to transfer. My insurance covers 3 IVF cycles with 100% coverage, still I end up paying more than 10K since most of his services are out of network. For next cycle I choose shady grove with Dr. Doyle, now I’m pregnant with 5 healthy embryo’s remaining and my insurance covered all treatments. My sincere advice is to avoid this facility. Still dealing with billing issues since my insurance rejected most of the bills from this clinic because they think that some of tests are not necessary and some of treatments are out of network.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Fady I. Sharara's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1986)

Unicare