Ratings for Dr. Fady I. Sharara

Like most people here, our journey to become parents has been a long and complicated one. We were extremely fortunate to have been introduced to VCRM and Dr Sharara as part of our surrogacy journey. We honestly felt like we were Dr Sharara's most important clients. He and his staff were incredibly professional and empathetic. As previous reviewers have said, he is direct but also very kind. While VCRM is a smaller clinic than other ones in the DC region, we think this is their strength. He and his staff treated all of us, including our wonderful surrogate, with dignity and care. We are know the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl and we couldn't have done it without Dr Sharara.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

We did a lot of research (both online through the SART website and through word of mouth) before we decided to come to this practice and we made the right decision. Dr. Sharara (VCRM) has some of the best statistics in the D.C. area but it wasn't until we experienced some tough IVF rounds (including two miscarriages) that we realized how lucky we were to be working with Dr. Sharara and his warm and compassionate staff. Dr. Sharara never gave up on trying to get me pregnant. He was constantly thinking outside the box on how to address my numerous issues including advanced age, diminished ovarian reserve, and a thin lining. He was up on the latest research and constantly tweaking my treatment. He is a very direct doc when it comes to diagnosis and telling you what he thinks will and won't work, but he is also incredibly kind and really works hard to help you start a family. We also found him open to our ideas on what might work for me. Finally, I also want to add that the staff here is wonderful. (I went for a consult at another D.C. clinic and the contrast was shocking.) Ellen, Mary and Sheri (the front desk staff) are sweet and welcoming. They know you by name, remember where you went for the weekend, and ask genuinely about how you are doing --never did I feel like a number here. Tricia did an great job staying on top of my insurance coverage issues and with billing. We never had any hiccups on the financial front. Jo, the nurse, was the person who helped me keep it together after some tough appointments that left me disheartened. She responded to my every phone call the same day and went above and beyond when dealing with Lab Corp. Even Dr. Abdo (the embryologist) knew me by name and always said hello. At the end of the day, we are so thrilled to be pregnant (with twins) after being on this long and painful road and we are so lucky to have picked the right clinic with a doctor and a staff that really cared about us.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

at the initial consultation he reviewed my previous test results from my ob/gyn and gp and prescribed a diet plan and thyroid medicine. his diet plan was through a paid app that is severely lacking in features with some blatant inconsistencies. needless to say i was disappointed in it and the guidance. he also didn't bother to recognize my concerns with going on thyroid medicine even though my numbers were still considered in the "normal" range. my gp didn't feel comfortable putting me on it previously. he also mentioned i wouldn't even notice the difference. however, i did with positive outcomes of more energy and bowel regularity. i did make an effort to curb my sugar intake which seemed to improve my facial acne. i was okay with the slew of tests he recommended as i wanted to know the big picture. however, my insurance doesn't cover anything and there's no option for a payment plan. everything is due up front with only a credit card receipt to show for your transaction (no documentation for what you were paying for). what was frustrating was that some of the tests were routine (cultures and blood work) and would have been covered had the office not consistently billed my insurance for fertility treatment. as i progressed through the tests, i felt more and more inhuman with lack of information, rushed appointments, and negligence. i had to fill out a bunch of paperwork for my first meeting which included giving the phone number to my local pharmacist. it was never reviewed nor document in the computer system. the nurse would always call for the number after test results came in. she would also mis-communicate my test results when asked why i needed a prescription. during my hysteroscopy, the doctor only said he saw some things he didn't like even though he said there was no scar tissue present. he said he needed to scrape (not take a biopsy but scrape). he never bothered to explain and was not gentle during this procedure with only 600mg of ibuprofen in me. the nurse said there were polyps but my records say there were none ?! no one explained that i would also bleed for up to 7 days afterwards either, missing my window to continue to try for natural conception that cycle! my health records also only indicate that he took a biospy with no mention of scraping, polyps, or other abnormal findings. my HSG test at Washington Radiology went so much better and they didn't put a d@mn open kitchen trash bag under my @ss before the procedure nor did i need the ibuprofen. the nurse had grabbed an expired vile for the second round of cultures but didn't bother calling and letting me know there was an issue and they needed to redo it. at our final consultation, they had to pull me back to redo the cultures after the doctor berated the nurse in front of the entire office for the mistake. while at the final consultation, i requested all my medical records to get the bigger picture and i'm glad i did as the doctor didn't even bother going over all of them (totally didn't acknowledge that while my thyroid levels were in optimum pregnancy range after meds, that i had tested positive for the antibodies or given us the full picture of my husband's analysis). the doctor was far from being compassionate or understanding at our final consultation. he rushed through the results and handed us a list of supplements to take, again not explaining how they would help and charging us for a product we could get online for the same price but saying it was more expensive elsewhere and that he was doing us a favor by passing the savings on to us. the DHEA prescribed for me aggravated my anxiety within 2 weeks of taking it. part of the reason i sought this doctor out was because he supposedly didn't require the use of prometrium for an IUI. however, he highly recommends it and gave a stupid analogy for why i should take it. i tried to explain again my concerns with taking it as i have a history of depression/anxiety, migraines, and asthma which can be exacerbated by this medicine. he wouldn't hear any of it and told me not to pay any attention to the warning labels and reviews online of others having a reaction to it. he also basically told me if i couldn't hack the pain/discomfort of taking prometrium that i should think twice about labor. i have had a bad reaction in the past to all birth control methods that contain any progesterone in it (depression/anxiety worsened with increased frequency and length of migraines). he didn't even offer working with me on it...as let's see how you react or we'll start you on a lower dose. VERY DISMISSIVE! in the end, i still felt like i was at the big box fertility clinic on an assembly line but paying out the @ss for the inhumane treatment. he gave us a 5% chance of getting pregnant on our own, 10% with an IUI (which he equated as increasing our chances by 3 times?!), and 50% with IVF with ICSI if we could improve our fertility with the supplements. definitely not the right doctor for us.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I could not think of a better fertility clinic than The Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Sharara and his staff are very professional, courteous and punctual! His assistant nurse Jo is so loving and caring. Dr. Sharara is honest and goes right to the point and you may feel the tough love from him, but it is because he really cares about his patients and wants to see the best & successful results. He treats you, as you are his only patient. He is very patient and thorough by answering all the questions you have. I am pregnant now with a girl. My husband and I can never thank him and his amazing staff enough for everything they did for us. We are very happy and satisfied with our experience and we would recommend him to anyone who is having hard times of having a baby!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr. Fady Sharara is amazing and I highly recommend him. We completed three fresh IVF cycles with him and each of those three cycles provided a healthy baby. This practice starts with a consultation and then testing on the man and then the woman. During the tests you won’t receive feedback until the final test is complete. While this could drive some people crazy, just keep in mind that they cannot diagnose the issue until they receive all the inputs. I was happy with this approach as I would have googled each test and diagnosed myself which isn’t helpful. To me, the best part about this Dr. Sharara’s practice is that it is small and he is punctual. You aren’t lost in a big clinic and you are seen within minutes of arriving. I also loved the nurses - Jo is great. You should review his stats online and you will quickly realize he is the best reproductive endocrinologist in the area. Don’t delay – go check him out. You won’t be disappointed. I couldn’t have had three kids without him. I can’t thank him enough.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Fady Sharara is both professional and passionate. My husband and I have been trying for almost two years with no luck. Dr. Sharara reviewed my medical history thoroughly and made treatment plans based on my personal condition. He was able to identify and treat issues that was missed/ignored by another fertility center. Four months after a Myomectomy surgery and medication/diet for PCOS, I got pregnant naturally. My daughter is now two months old! It was a dream come true to my family. I can't thank Dr. Sharara enough and I would recommend him to anybody who is looking for a fertility specialist.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Fady Sharara is literally a miracle worker. He took our case on even though the outcome looked bleak, and after failed attempts by other doctors to help my husband and I conceive. He was always direct, honest, sincere, and compassionate towards us. He never once got our hopes up too much, yet he never let us stop believing. More importantly, he never gave up on us, even when other doctors did. When you visit his office, you never once feel like you’re just another patient or project, similar to other fertility doctors in the area; rather, he makes you feel as though you are the only patient he has, and provides you with the attention you deserve. Dr. Sharara truly is a special doctor, and has the gift of helping people achieve their goals of having a family, EVEN AGAINST ALL ODDS. Finally, Dr. Sharara has a dream team of employees, nurses, and specialists; all whom are professional, courteous, and make you feel part of their family. His entire team stood by our side during all of the ups and downs, and when I finally became pregnant, they all rejoiced by my side. Thank you, Dr. Sharara—and your team at the Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine—for allowing my husband and I to finally start a family together.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

What an amazing doctor and medical staff! I was treated as a person, not just a patient. They always welcome you into the office by name and ask how your are doing. They are just as invested in the process of having a baby as my husband and I are. The care, compassion and knowledge that Dr. Sharara and his staff possess is outstanding. Any and all questions are answered promptly and complicated medical information is made understandable. Dr. Sharara and his team easily coordinated the egg retrieval of my out of state egg donor, a process that I thought would be much more complicated. I couldn't be happier with the experiences I had with Dr. Sharara and staff. Our first IVF cycle was successful and our little girl is due in August!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Dr. Sharara and his staff go above and beyond when taking care of their patients. From the moment, I stepped into the door I never felt like a number. Everyone greeted me by name and I never waited more than 5 minutes. I appreciated the promptness and the open lines of communication that I had with Sandy and Jo. They responded almost immediately to emails and phone calls. I never felt they were impatient with me when I asked questions and they were ready to listen. My diagnosis was difficult for me to swallow but Dr. Sharara and his nurses treated me with compassion and respect. Dr. Sharara is confident in his diagnosis but also sincere - he truly wants to help you have a baby. We will never forget everything they have done for us because they helped my husband and I make our dreams come true. We are expecting twins! I highly recommend a visit to Dr. Sharara if you are making the difficult infertility journey. He and his staff will do as much as he can to help you.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Sharara and his staff are the best clinic for infertility treatment! After multiple failed IUI and IVF attempts at a large well known clinic my husband and I made a consultation with Dr. Sharara. I had read a few reviews with unfavorable comments and they are completely unfounded. Dr. Sharara and his staff are the most compassionate and caring people in this practice. Dr. Sharara knows what he's doing and is confident in what he does. He treats you like you are his only patient and wants a child for you as badly as you do. You can tell this by the way he and his staff treat you every time you walk through their doors. When we had an insurance problem the financial staff acted as if it was their own personal problem and were on the phone immediately trying to help us get answers. Give Dr. Sharara a chance to help you. He really is the absolute best. Listen to his advice and try what he says, the vitamins, a healthier diet, etc. He knows what he is doing. Within 3 months of our first visit my husband and I are pregnant and 14 weeks along. We will never be able to say thank you enough for all that Dr. Sharara and his staff did for us and we are so thankful God led us to this wonderful doctor!!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Dr. Fady I. Sharara's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1986)

MAMSI
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Like most people here, our journey to become parents has been a long and complicated one. We were extremely fortunate to have been introduced to VCRM and Dr Sha..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We did a lot of research (both online through the SART website and through word of mouth) before we decided to come to this practice and we made the right decis..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "at the initial consultation he reviewed my previous test results from my ob/gyn and gp and prescribed a diet plan and thyroid medicine. his diet plan was throug..."

May 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I could not think of a better fertility clinic than The Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Sharara and his staff are very professional, courteous an..."

April 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fady Sharara is amazing and I highly recommend him. We completed three fresh IVF cycles with him and each of those three cycles provided a healthy baby. ..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fady Sharara is both professional and passionate. My husband and I have been trying for almost two years with no luck. Dr. Sharara reviewed my medical histo..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fady Sharara is literally a miracle worker. He took our case on even though the outcome looked bleak, and after failed attempts by other doctors to help my..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What an amazing doctor and medical staff! I was treated as a person, not just a patient. They always welcome you into the office by name and ask how your are d..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara and his staff go above and beyond when taking care of their patients. From the moment, I stepped into the door I never felt like a number. Everyone ..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara and his staff are the best clinic for infertility treatment! After multiple failed IUI and IVF attempts at a large well known clinic my husband and ..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "VCRM is hands down the best clinic in Northern Virginia! I have been their patient for a long time and each and every person there has been nothing less than a ..."

December 30, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara is amazing-you can't go wrong at VCRM. Between him and Jo, you are in excellent hands. I completely trust them, and I've had amazing success with th..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an amazing experience with Dr Sharara and his nurses and staff!! This office really knows how to treat a patient. My only regret is that I didn't start ..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr Sharara has been so wonderful. I have a lot of complications outside of the fertility world and Dr Sharara was very patient to work throu..."

November 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a physician so you I was reading Dr. Sharara's resume, success rates and publications prior to seeing him. All his credentials are excellent. His clinic h..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara and the staff at VCRM was amazing. My chances at having a baby were very low, and although I didn't expect a miracle, I received one. Better yet, t..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara and his staff are incredible. They were professional but you also knew that they really cared about you as a patient."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After spending years at a well-known facility in DC where the focus was more about money and billing than the patient or treatment plan, we switched providers t..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found the entire practice to be knowledgeable as well as warm and welcoming. I am a gestational surrogate and have been a patient with Dr. S twice. The office..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara and his staff are wonderful, knowledgeable, and put the patient's best interests first. This is a well-run practice, and I rarely had to wait for an..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr Sharara and his staff! Dr. Sharara not only was able to identify what my infertility issues were when others said my test results were fine but he was..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is unfortunate that some who comment, do not fully understand that Dr. Sharara looks at his patients' whole health first, as it is all tied together when it ..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have deepest appreciation for the wonderful treatment and medical care showed by Dr. Fady Sharara and his team. It was fortunate that I happened to get my tre..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Hi, Totally agree with the review below. He will start you on loads of vitamins even though they are not required. He will suggest you a procedure even though..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara is far away from being the best and honest doctor. At the beginning everything was great. Lots of tests/diagnosis were done and some issues were fou..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My OBG/YN referred me to Dr. Sharara and I did get pregnant because of his help within a year. I had two failed Clomid cycles with my OB and Dr. Sharara said t..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is long overdue! We first walked into Dr. Sharara's office in February 2014 and 13 months later we have perfect twin girls! After a miscarriage and an ec..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara made it happen for us. We struggled with infertility for about 10 years and had 6 failed IVF cycles before we consulted Dr. Sharara. The man is simp..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This review is well over due, as I was a patient of Dr. Sharara's in 2012. My husband and I, in our late 30s had been trying for about 3 years for our first chi..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm very grateful to God for making dr sharara as my doc..he is outstanding, very experienced and knowledgeable. After 6 failed ivfs and a miscarriage, i had v..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara is great. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment, and I always saw the doctor at every appointment- most other places you just s..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "HONEST REVIEW...READ UNTIL THE END! Where to begin..... I was referred to Dr.S after a horrible experience at Shady Grove Fertility Center (please don't EVER g..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a unique situation and after going to Shady Grove Fertility who told me they couldn't help me, a friend of mine who went to Dr. Sharara previously (she ha..."

January 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Am am a two time surrogate and have had Dr. Sharara both times. There is nothing better then walking into a doctors office and feeling absolute peace about who..."

January 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first made an appointment to see Dr. Sharara after briefly working with my regular OBGYN and then working with a different fertility doctor in the area to try..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Sharara to become a Gestational Surrogate for friends of mine in VA. I had the most amazing experience with Dr Sharara and his staff. They were fr..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I have had an amazing experience with Dr. Sharara. He is absolutely the best! From the moment we walked in to his office, we were treated like fa..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We had an amazing journey, which is now complete with the birth of our daughter. Our family simply cannot truly express the love and thanks we have in our hear..."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words cannot explain what an amazing experience we had with Dr. Sharara and his staff. We went to Dr. Sharara having heard many horror stories about fertility c..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My twin boys recently celebrated their 15th birthday. I was looking up Dr Sharara to see what he was doing now. All the positive reviews I am reading are the ..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank goodness we found Dr. Sharara! After reading review after review, on sites like this, I realized this doctor may be worth visiting and we were absolutely..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sharara is the absolute best in the area. I am so thankful for him and his wonderful staff. He is incredibly knowledgable, caring, prompt, and we have a per..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I are very thankful to this practice for all the help it has given us for our first pregnancy. I feel that I was very blessed that I had a great..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Just one word about this doctor. The best one. As a doctor, as a person, as an RE. Really feel blessed to have known him and receive his treatment and advice. ..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 5 months pregnant right now with a healthy baby girl thanks to Dr. Sharara and his staff! I cannot say enough good things about this place, I did a lot of ..."

September 22, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Fady" to "Fady I."

October 20, 2013