Ratings for Dr. Andrew Woo

Wow, I am shocked to read the two below reviews and learn that I am not alone. I saw Dr. Woo as a kid (age 12-15) and had braces for three years. He told me I needed to remove two adult teeth because they had grown in reverse (my canine teeth had grown in beside my two front teeth, and the laterals had grown in where the canines should be) and of course my mother and myself didn't question his expertise and allowed him to remove the teeth and move my canines over to the correct place. Little did I know, nor did he or anyone at the office explain, that he would be leaving me with two enormous gaps beside my front teeth and I would later in my life have to pay an enormous amount of money for implants to replace the perfectly good adult teeth he removed. Once my braces were off I had to work with my dentist to get a temporary bridge until I was in my mid-twenties and I could get permanent implants. Fast forward to my mid-twenties, and the bridge had messed up the spacing and pushed forward all of my teeth, so I had to get braces AGAIN to correct the problems. Now, I am finishing up my second round of braces as a 27 year old, and am facing $12,000 in implants in the coming month. Dr. Woo didn't explain ANY of the consequences of having those teeth removed as a child, nor the costs associated with it. Every single dentist, orthodontist and implant specialist I have met with are absolutely shocked that perfectly healthy adult teeth were removed, and ALL of them have said that Dr. Woo should have left my teeth as is and instead advised me to shave down, cap and reshape the teeth with my dentist. Instead, because of his mistake, I have gone through the ordeal of missing two front teeth my entire teen/adult life, and it's costing me over $25,000 in braces x 2, implants and crowns. Never again. He needs to lose his license.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Woo and his staff are friendly and the environment is nice. He recommended 4 extractions and my family trusted his expertise. I was a child and had no clue extracting teeth would impact my life in a very negative way. I had jaw problems, sleep problems, sunken face, and no room for tongue. Even after all these years he says he was 100% correct in his decision. He is very closed minded and does not care. Now, I will be paying 10s thousands of dollars for jaw surgery and re-treatment. Think 10 times and get different opinions before removing any teeth permanently. Naturally we should have room for our wisdom teeth as well if you look at native tribes they have full mouths with all their teeth and wisdom teeth fit in perfectly. Some people get 4 teeth removed for braces and then additionally get wisdom teeth taken out as well. It makes no sense to remove perfectly good teeth, which in the long run only messes up your natural bone structure and who knows what other damage it causes in regards to posture, breathing, and sleeping. There is no good research that says extractions don't cause damage . Just common sense not to mess with your body's natural structure. Orthodontists need to figure out why your teeth are crooked and address the primary cause. Dr. Woo caused more problems just to make my teeth straight so he can get on with his business. My results: Straight teeth, narrow smile, face profile destroyed, primary underlying problems not corrected, unhappy. That's all I have to say. This is my honest review.

Submitted December 1, 2016

I (adult) went to see him for an estimate. He wanted to pull 4 good teeth. Two other ortho's in Abby said it wasn't necessary. I went with one of the others and everything turned out fine. Not sure why this guy wanted to pull 4 GOOD teeth for no reason. Very poor estimate.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I had him a few years ago and he expanded my upper jaw to make all my teeth fit. The thing is, my upper jaw is now too big for my lower jaw and it fits weird. My teeth look really good and my smile is beautiful, but the weird fit of my jaw is causing me pain years later. He should have just yanked my teeth, I didn't have an over bite or anything. My brother had the same orthodontist and he had his teeth expanded but he had a severe overbite and he's had no problems. My jaw lines up weird and it causes a lot of jaw tension for me, I stopped wearing my expanding retainer because I felt my upper jaw was uncomfortably large for my bottom jaw but I still wear my plastic retainers. Think long and hard before subjected your child to unnecessary expanding of the jaw. It has repercussions in the future. the staff were very friendly and Doctor Woo was also very friendly, I just really don't like the unecessary expansion of my jaw. There were definitely times where the staff left a too long wire in my mouth and it stabbed me.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Dr. Woo did my braces twice and both times was awesome!! I got braces as an adult and although he doesn't have certain types of braces, such as invisalign or lingual braces, I chose clear brackets. I was very happy with my choice, as no one even noticed that I had them on!! I was so happy with the results, but sadly I did not wear my retainers after the braces (even though they were very clear that I should wear them basically forever) and my teeth did move back....and I had to have braces again :( Second time around, the staff and Dr. Woo were just as great as the first time! Dr. Woo is very knowledgeable and the staff are awesome. They always make me feel so comfortable. I was almost always seen right on time, and that is a rarity at any of the dental offices I have ever been to! I would and have recommended Dr. Woo to my family and friends!! Thanks for my perfect smile :)

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I received full orthodontic treatment from Dr. Woo and I couldn't be happier with my results. I went to another local orthodontist in Abbotsford for a consultation. He told me that I would not be able to get the results I was looking for (closing my large gap in my front teeth) and that I would most likely be left with a small space. Dr. Woo said my teeth would be gap free without a doubt. I am so happy I went with him. You can't even compare Dr. Woo's work to other local Orthodontists... his end result is perfection. Just don't forget to wear your retainer like he tells you too! Seven years without braces and my teeth are still perfect. Wearing my retainer 4-7 nights a week.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I saw Dr. Woo when he first took over the practice from Takasaki. I did not start treatment with him, but everything was smooth sailing any ways. With a transistion you tend to see how people work under pressure. I was impressed. I will and have recommended him. I know a few people that have used him and been pleased as well.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I brought my daughter there for a free consultation and was told to come back in a few months when the tooth is fully grown. When I brought her back, they told me it would cost close to $3000 to push the tooth back. I went to a different Orthodontist and he told me that her other teeth are coming soon so he prefers to wait and do all the work at the same time; otherwise she will need two different procedures. He quoted $3500 for the entire lower jaw. Had I not seek a second opinion, I would have paid for two different procedures and my child would have to endure many visits to the dental office.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Dr woo and his staff were fantastic when I first went in for my consultation. I was very nervous not knowing what to expect and they explained all of my treatment options. The consultation was free as well. I would highly recommend this office, Dr Woo is really friendly and knowledgable, I'm very pleased with the work he has done on my 3 kids!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

Great office...Dr. Woo and his staff were fantastic. I was very nervous to get my braces on and they made me feel very comfortable and at ease, I would recommend this office to anyone!!!1

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012