Ratings for Dr. Sachin Chitte

I had a very bad experience with this so called plastic surgeon. I had double mastectomy and he assured me that he knew what he was doing. After several attempts to fill my expanders, they were not filing up with saline. Asked him why and his answer was "I don't know". He had to take them out and start again. He knew as well that my left side was smaller as more breast tissue was taken out and he blamed the oncologist that he took muscle out. Not the case, I was made so much smaller than what I was before my cancer. I looked like a science project! I expressed how I felt and it affect my mental health and his answer was "well there isn't much more I can do". I suggested to do fat graphing and he said that they did not have the equipment so I had to wait. He assured me that I was a priority and then he moved to a private clinic called the Ottawa clinic where they perform Botox, breast augmentation (which they can charge more to the patient than what a breast cancer reconstruction from ohip). So I kept on getting bumped and bumped for at least 1 year. I was tired of fighting to fix my problem so I decided to take a break (as it was affecting my mental health as he made me feel so bad for asking). A year went by so and my mental state was getting better so I decided to start again only to find out when I called the Ottawa clinic that I required another referral. I couldn't believe that they would ask for another referral from my doctor when I was a patient of theirs. So, I did get a referral and they never called me for an appointment. I then was able to find a great plastic surgeon at the Civic Campus and was so relieved that she knew what she was doing.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I went for a breast reduction surgery a while ago and one breast look good and done well and the other look done by an amature. There was so much complication there is a hole under the breast and became infected and stitching was completely a mess. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

My wife did ear pinning with doctor chitte 6 months ago! Recovery process was very slow and very painful unlike what she was told. She had two C-sections and for her ear pinning process was way more painful. The disolvesble stitches are still there after 6 months! Ear went back to how it was before surgery! Very disappointing and very expensive! She was told to come back for a re-do! Are you kidding me! I let my wife again to do the surgery again with YOU???? Never!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I travelled to Ottawa from the southern US for treatment of advanced Dupuytren's Contracture in both hands. Over the course of 6 months I had numerous treatments: Dr. Chitte performed surgery on my right hand and injected my left hand with Xiaflex twice. Without fail, he exhibited the highest degree of professionalism, while maintaining warmth and compassion. Though he considered my condition to be an "aggressive case", he went above and beyond, pursuing all avenues available to ensure the best possible outcome. I am very pleased with how well my hands responded to the treatment. Dr. Chitte inspires confidence at every level, and I recommend him without reservation, both as a competent surgeon and a responsive person. Additional kudos to the tremendous staff at The Ottawa Clinic.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Excellent doctor... He looks young, but he is very knowledgeable and straight to the point.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Such a caring and compassionate Doctor. Thank you for your honest and caring approach.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Upon meeting Dr. Chitte, I knew that he was the doctor I wanted to perform my surgery. I had been waiting for 4 years to do this and I am now 3 weeks post op from having a diastasis recti & an abdominoplasty. Dr. Chitte and his staff, particularly Melinda, were warm, comforting , honest and supportive. I had about a billion questions and I never felt rushed. Dr. C and Melinda, took their time, answered them honestly and I felt supported before and after my surgery. I could not be happier with my results. Dr. Chitte executed exactly what he had envisioned for me. I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I am so blessed and pleased to have Dr Chitte and his staff on my side while going through breast cancer. Thank you so much for all your awesome care. Love you all to pieces. 😊 💖

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I came to see Dr. Chitte at a very tough time in my life. His team, and Dr. Chitte were amazing and help me get through it. I never felt rushed out and they always were ready to discuss my concerns and my questions. In the end, the work that was done by Dr. Chitte was amazing, and certainly helped me in moving on with my life. I am grateful this is the team that worked with me to get healthy, and to get back to how my body and my lifestyle was. Thank you Dr. Chitte and the entire team at the Ottawa Clinic

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Excellent experience with finger injury in emergency and follow up. Competent, efficient and very pleasant.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Sachin Chitte's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English