Ratings for Dr. Philippe Phan

I suffer for 30 years after my work accident and went from one Dr to another but as I was very young back 1988 and I seen pain clinics no help any Doc I go to they want believe the pain I was going through until I seen Dr Adotal he is the one order MRI CT Scan and there is is bad disc disease up tell I was sent to Dr Phan he order MRI AND WAS nerve pinch know my left leg numb 24 7 now I was told by my family Doctor to get surgery or go to pain clinic or get surgery I'm booking appointment to see him who knows could be 3 or more to see him he is very smart Doc and he know what he is doing I feel good talking to him hope to get my surgery done to free my left leg thanks Doctor Phan you doing great helping people to live free with pain or 50 % of pain

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I have just celebrated 2 years of being well, thanks to Dr. Phan. He removed 2 of my upper thoracic vertebrae because of metastatic cancer and added alot of hardware to my upper back/neck. Not only did he do an amazing job( 16 hr + surgery) - he was incredibly kind and caring. So grateful to him for saving my life.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Phan saved my life! My cervical spinal area was closing very quickly and no one knew what was going on when I ceased to be able to walk and stand up. Dr.Phan did emergency surgery on the cervical area and now I can walk with assistance and stand up on my own. Nerves are slow to heal, but mine are coming slow but sure. He is always professional and explains everything. He is an excellent doctor. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Before surgery , he lined me up really quick. Calmed me down on surgery. And the surgery went well and was quickly executed. I was a little nervous having a young doctor , but he definitely knows what he was doing. Recommend him , very friendly.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Very nice doctor !! Take the time to explain the surgery and put you at ease . I fully recommend him !!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Phan operated on me in March to fix my back.I thought before I met him I would be crippled. Now 8 months later I am back to work, and have no pain....Thank You Dr Phan

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Surgeon Phan decided to expand his repertoire from spinal to wrist surgery at the Ottawa Hospital. He never spoke to or examined the patient in the week before surgery. He never discussed the type of fracture or his planned repair. He invited an amateur observer into the operating room. He did not care what type of anesthetic would be used during the surgery for which he was supposedly responsible. Nor did he speak to the patient post-surgery but directed his ‘observer’ to leave a note to attend the plaster clinic. Surgical complications had to be treated in Emergency. Post-operative x-rays showed he neglected to stabilize or remove an ulnar styloid fragment and totally missed a fracture of the scaphoid bone at the base of the thumb. His surgical technique resulted in adhesions (tendon scar tissue) that inhibited wrist flexion. Those had to be removed by a different, more qualified, surgeon at another hospital. The prognosis is not good.

Submitted July 31, 2014

Young but very bright orth surg NEW to the Ottawa area - trained at McGill and then Harvard for his FRCP in orth sugery.Very thorough in explaining the condition of my spine and what he could offer in a surgical procedure.He had visible copies of my latest MRI, and he ordered a standard x-ray of my spine for the consult.Very clear in outlining possible outcomes and expectations surrounding rehab. Open Decompression plus Fusion at L5-L2, planned for March - April.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Very nice Dr, professional, very happy with advice in my spine care. M.G.H Boston so sad that he had to move along in his career. hope to see again someday.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013