Ratings for Dr. Barry J. Brock

My Nexplanon(a hormonal birth control implant) was expiring on 3/22/16 and I knew that there was going to be a process so in January I started looking for doctors in my Network that would be able to do a removal and insertion. I found Dr. Barry Brock in which I made an appointment for the first available on 2/3/16. -My initial appointment was for a consultation and I was told after they process the request with my insurance I would receive a call to make an appointment for the removal and insertion. - 2 weeks later I have not heard from them so I called and spoke with a staff member. She informed me that it was a 3 week process and told me she looked up my account and everything was being processed and that she will follow up with my insurance to see the status. -Another 2 weeks has passed by (3/10/16) I have not heard from them and I called again. After being on hold I was informed that the tech that was supposed to send in the request was on leave and the email notifying her to send the request had been sitting in her inbox and no one was aware that I needed to get my Nexplanon replace. I was also informed that if I had not called them back again asking them to check what was going on than my request for the Nexplanon would still be in the tech inbox with none the wiser. - This was very concerning to me because what if this was test results about something serious. -I received a call back later that day saying they will have the request rushed and have my Nexplanon ready and that I can make an appointment. -I then was able to make an appointment for 3/24/16 at 4:30pm. -After an hour waiting for my appointment, I was informed that the staff cannot track down my Nexplanon, that it was misplaced and there was nothing they could do. And for my troubles they could offer me validated parking. In which they did not even give me enough validation for my parking in which I found out when I was trying to leave The staff here are completely incompetent. They cannot keep track of emails, medical implants or even qualified to validate parking.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I love Dr. Brock. He is a warm and compassionate OB/GYN and has a wicked sense of humor. He inherited me when his partner, Dr. Norman Schulman, passed away (and I loved Dr. Schulman). Dr. Brock WILL call you at home if needed. When I lacked insurance his office was very flexible with me so I could continue to see him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Brock is just great!I trust him to do the very best for me. He is a nice and caring doctor. Will even call you at home if you need him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012