Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Hotchkiss

Many years ago, after treatment for ecoli overgrowth, I continued having abdominal pain, he told me he thought my pain was all in my head. Well, I knew different. Diagnosed at Georgetown university hospital with a severe case of Crohn's disease requiring surgery for diseased colon... I'll never forget how terrible I felt emotionally after leaving his office that day years ago.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I can not say enough about this Doctor, he saved my life. Yes sometimes you have to wait but he takes so much time with you, he explains everything, he is compassionate and caring. I highly recommend this Dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

I came to see Dr. Hotchkiss as a new patient and left the office to search for a new doctor. I left work early and it took me an hour and forty five minutes to get to my appointment. Once I arrived, the lady at the front desk reminded me that I was twenty minutes late and proceeded to tell me that I would have to reschedule. I was completely shocked. There was no "take a seat and we will try to fit you in" but they were certainly happy to send me on my way to come back another time. After the long commute to the office I would rather wait for another availability rather than turn around and head back. People can't just keep taking days off of work because you neglect to assist new patients who are a little behind schedule. But I'm glad to know now, and I'll be sure to let everyone I know about this experience. Two thumbs down.

Submitted August 7, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Hotchkiss. He has been my obgyn since 1980. He delivered all three of my boys. I cannot imagine entrusting anyone else to take care of me during the most important time in my life and the care of my sons during their fetal development. The care given to me has never been matched by any other Drs I have encountered. When he sees you, you become his main focus and you never feel rushed. His knowledge and gentleness make every visit, no matter the reason, the highest excellence unmatched.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Thank God for the internet. I called a couple of weeks ago to make an appointment with Dr. Hotchkiss and they told he was no longer there. I said, he didn't notified his patients. He just left. They said they didn't have any information as for where he went. I'm glad I finally found a number and I just left a voicemail for my appointment. Dr. Hotchkiss is the best gynecologist I know. I would not go to anybody else. Shame on you Civista! You lost a great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr. Hotchkiss is the absolute best doctor! He delivered me 30 years ago. It is so special to go to the same doctor that delivered you. My mom and I just love him. He is very knowledgeable and is always so warm and calming. He always answers all my questions. I am so excited that he is opening up his own practice again and leaving Civista!! His new office is 11350 Pembrooke Square, Suite 313. You can call and make an appointment at 301-456-4459. I would recommend Dr. Hotchkiss to everyone!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

I have been with this practice for 30 years and do not plan to go anywhere else for my GYN care. I had three children while a patient of Dr. Hotchkiss and recently had a hysterectomy. All these experiences were handled patiently and with great care. He is knowledgeable and will refer his patients to another doctor when he feels is appropriate. I am happy to recommend him to any family who is looking for good women's health care.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Wow, I'm in shock. I called 7-16 and made an appt with him for Aug. I got a call from the office on 7-24 saying that Dr. Hotchkiss was no longer with the practice and his last day had been Friday! The lady on the phone said she had not known he was leaving and didn’t know where he went. It’s hard to believe that he would just walk away from his patients with no warning after all these years. I’ve waited a few days to post this to see if a letter would come or I would find something on the internet, but nothing so far. No doubt there is more to this story than what I know, but this seems out of character for Dr. Hotchkiss. I hope someone out there knows the real story and will post it here.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Dr. Hotchkiss has been every women in my family's doctor, including my grandmother. He is the one who delivered me. He is definitely THE BEST doctor ever! He truely & genuinely cares for his patients. He takes the time to listen to you and really figure out whats going on if there are issues. I do not trust anyone other than him. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Best Doctor I have ever been to ever for anything...He has helped me with GYN issues over the years bedside manner is top notch..Knows everything and he never makes you feel bad.if you are overweight, a little crazy even..he is the best.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr. Michael H. Hotchkiss's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1974)