Ratings for Dr. William G. Cushard

I can not say enough good things about this Dr. He has gone over and above the call of duty to help save a life...that life was mine. I had a bad thyroid and graves which brought me down to 87lbs, put me in the ER and a wheelchair. I was told by other Dr's that I would never do this or that again. I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't recognize the eyes I connected with in many ways -- my eyes were a distorted shape. I was dying. Dr. Cushard helped me in many ways. Everything from coming in to his office on his regular days off, to helping me out of my car and into the bldg. His personal care brought me back to a healthy state of body and mind. I am now free of the burdens that plagued me, thanks to Dr. Cushard.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

He seemed like a good doctor at first, he was willing to give me samples when my insurance was giving me problems, but over time I grew more frustrated with his service. He is chronically behind on his appointments. An hour turnaround for a 5-10 minute appointment is on a good day. Diabetes can be incredibly frustrating and his approach is to scold you for any deviation from a flawless diabetic regiment. I take insulin and typically have A1Cs in the 6 range. If having a cookie once a month keeps my spirits high and keeps me from jumping off a bridge (just kidding) then that cookie plays well into my overall management. He has no problem making me feel like a felon for such a thing. Diabetes also takes a ton of lifestyle changes and therefore is an incredibly personal disease with regards to management. But in his mind there is a one-size-fits-all lifestyle. Prepare to be lectured no matter how well you manage your condition or how aggresively you approach your treament.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

Took time to look at my labs but didn't listen to much I said. Another old male doctor that doesn't want to acknowledge or really hear about the persistent debilitating symptoms a woman is having.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Listens to his clients. Gives plenty of time in the apppointments.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. William G. Cushard's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)