Dr. Brian J. Burgess

Outstanding Staff Badge

Ratings for Dr. Brian J. Burgess

Dr Burgess helped out a very good friend of mind. We were bounced around to several foot doctors at the beginning and finally referred to Dr Burgess. My friend had broke his toes in many different areas of his foot. D Burgess has been outstanding, caring and easy to talk with. I would highly recommend him. He is an extremely talented surgeon and has had gone the extra mile in my opinion for the care of my friend.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Burgess performed heel fracture surgery on my left foot. He was honest and upfront with what to expect. He took time at every appointment to listen and answer my concerns. He did an amazing job and 1 year later I am back to yoga and walking/hiking!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr Burgess performed ankle surgery for a torn tendon. Once surgery was done he turned into an arrogant jerk. Wouldn't listen to any concern I had. I should have known when he came in the room and leaned back in his chair with arms crossed. Every question was met with ' three weeks nonweightbearing. Needed second surgery to repair his mess

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Came to him with high hopes but was completely disappointed. He walked into the room chomping on a piece of gum. Very cocky and full of himself. Horrible bedside manner and acted as though I was inconveniencing him or wasting his time, even though I've suffered from MULTIPLE podiatric issues over the years. Didn't do squat to help me find any relief. My first visit was also my last. Even my fiancé commented on what an arrogant jerk he was. On the flip side, his intern and nurses were all warm and friendly. Sadly, that doesn't outweigh all his negatives. Don't waste your time with him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr. Burgess fixed my bunion and helped me with plantar fasciitis recently. He's up-to-date with information, very knowledgeable in every regard and also helped me get through a cortisone shot in my heel. I would recommend him to anybody looking for a good, caring and honest Podiatrist. He has replaced ankles too. Hinsdale Orthopedics is a great group of professionals.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I recently had my first visit with Dr. Burgess, but he made it seem as if I'd seen him many times before this initial visit. He took the time to intently listen to me about what was ailing me in my foot and was able to correctly diagnose what was wrong after a few tests. I found out that I had tendinitis in my foot and was able to take the necessary steps toward recovery as a result. I would recommend Dr. Burgess to anyone looking for a very knowledgeable and honest Podiatrist. The whole Hinsdale Orthopaedics group was extremely caring and polite during my initial visit and follow ups.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Incredibly rude doctor, contradicted himself, annoyed by questions, completely unhelpful. Just a terrible experience overall, I would Never come back here.

Submitted September 4, 2014

Nice friendly staff. Prompt and on time. Dr Burgess is very professional and a great Dr.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Dr. Brian J. Burgess's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Burgess joined the Hinsdale Orthopaedics team in July 2012 as a specialist in the operative and nonoperative treatment of foot and ankle disorders. Dr. Burgess is trained in all aspects of the foot and ankle and has a special interest in sports medicine, bunion correction, ankle arthroscopic surgery, fracture care, and complex rearfoot reconstructive procedures. Dr. Burgess received his podiatry degree from the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 2009 and his bachelor’s degree, with honors, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Burgess completed a three-year podiatric surgical residency in trauma and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Burgess is actively involved with resident education and is a Department of Orthopedics Clinical Assistant Professor at Loyola University. He is also an active member of the American Podiatric Medical Association and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.

• English