Ratings for Dr. Madiha Ghayas

Dr. G has been God sent. I find her very easy to talk to and shares everything about my health very truly. She is never judgmental and very supportive. She takes her time and explains about treatment and let me ask questions. She is very good and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

I have had 2 appointments broken by Dr. Ghayas in the most unprofessional manner. The first, occurred May 15, 2017. I called 30 minutes prior to my appointment to get directions to her office. I was told at that time that the doctor was not in and they would have to cancel my appointment. No one called me. Had I not called for directions, I would have driven all the way there. I took a half day off work for that. If they had let me know ahead of time, I would not have lost half a day of pay. The second incident occurred July 6, 2017. I had an appointment at 3:20. The day before, someone from the office called to tell me the doctor had a cancellation and did I want that appointment at 10:30. She said, "The doctor wants to go home early." I explained that I work, and that is why 4 weeks earlier, I set my appointment time for 3:20. The next day, someone called again to see if I could come in earlier. I said I could not just leave work, my appointment was at 3:20. The girl said ok, I'll let the doctor know, I replied, I will see you at 3:20. I arrived at 3:15, only to be told, the doctor went home early. At first, I was told, "The doctor had an emergency". I said, "No, she did not. You called me to see if I could take the cancellation time because the doctor wanted to go home early." The woman replied, "I know." She apologized for the way the doctor left. At no time did Dr. Ghayas apologize or even attempt to follow up with me. This is highly unprofessional. I have never experienced a doctor treating patients this way. Especially a mental health care provider! I suffer from depression and anxiety, and this type of treatment at the hands of the physician who is supposed to be HELPING me, is inexcusable. I would like a personal apology from Dr. Ghayas for BOTH of these instances in which she showed complete disregard for me as a patient. Even TWO members of her office staff acknowledged that she just wanted to take off early since there was a cancellation by another patient for the 10:30 appointment. Both of these ladies apologized to me. Why bother setting appointments if you decide you want to skip out early? I realize that nothing will probably come of this. She is a doctor and her own boss. I just want someone to know that this woman does not respect her patients or show the care that she should. My trust has been broken by her. I think an apology from Dr. Ghayas for her unprofessional behavior is more than necessary. I will be seeking another mental health professional to help me with my depression and anxiety.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Ghayas is a very sweet doctor with the most helpful staff. She is very thorough making sure that all of her patients needs are met. She has adjusted my medication as needed and without complaint. Having a nurse call back for any questions is always a prompt efficient task. I would recommend Dr Ghayas to anyone. She is great.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

A good and polite doctor. She really knows how to practice as per the new standards. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

Stay away from this one!!! It's too bad because there is such a lack of psychiatrists in San Angelo. I have heard that patients have had to travel to other cities to find a psychiatrist because there are so few of them here. I didn't like the fact that she made me have blood tests, urinalyis, EKG. This is a psychiatric appointment, not an appointment for a physical. I didn't like spending all the extra money for all these silly tests which I could have had done by my own doctor.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012