Ratings for Dr. Ilia R. Sumoza

I believe she saved my mothers life. After numerous hospital stays for high white cell count and blood transfusions, I finally convinced my mom to have a bone marrow test. After the test Dr. Sumoza told us that there was no iron in her bones and she needed a iron infusion. After her first one my mom was a different person. She did need a second one, but since then she has not needed a transfusion. It's been over two years now. Before Dr. Sumoza she was in the hospital 6 times a year for blood.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Sumoza is so knowledgeable and wonderful about explaining hemotologic issues with her patients. Finally I feel after seven years she has diagnosed my medical problems correctly and improving my health status. Dr. Sumoza is an outstanding and caring physician who takes the extra time with her patients.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

After 5 years of blood transfusions, at other hospitals and doctors, she finally figured out what was wrong with my mom.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012