Ratings for Dr. James G. Kanellakos

operated on me in 2002...messed it up so bad I required 2 additional surgeries to fix it. No knowledge and no care very unprofessional. I would not recommend him.....

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I was seeing another doctor for my osteoarthritis in this practice for years, but when it came time for surgery, I was moved over to Dr. Kanellakos, who agreed to do an anterior replacement. I can’t recommend Dr. K highly enough. He is thoroughly professional, uses the latest techniques and tools, is extremely patient with questions, answers them in understandable language, and the outcome of the surgery itself has been truly amazing. I experienced very little pain while in recovery (I used only Tylenol for about a week and a half), and his team, both in and out of the hospital, were very approachable and helpful. It was my first-ever surgery and if I had to do the other hip, I wouldn’t hesitate to go right back to him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Kanellakos provided the best , timely care in alleviating the pain in my hip. As a result, I am walking much better and the pain has greatly subsided. I am also aware what of what to expect in the future, thanks to his honest and professional approach.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I had excellent results from having both hips replaced, after approx 3 months moved the clock back three or more years in terms of walking, climbing stairs etc.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

The best doctor I experienced in the 7 years that I suffered with hip pain! Dr. Kanellakos is calm, kind, attentive and he did an excellent job replacing my hip. He gave me a new hip, a new lease on life and I am so incredibly pleased and thankful!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Went to er night before and scheduled same day appt. great news at the time I thought. I was told by dr in the 60 sec appt that it was just a sprain, gave me pain meds and scheduled next appt in 2 weeks. That was fine with me as I've had numerous sprains and what did I know. Next appt foot was still bruised, swollen and could barely walk on. He did take a non weight bearing X-ray but told it was fine and walking on heel was advised. One month follow up still a lot of pain and some Swelling but told X-ray was good and should begin PT. I decided to get second opinion at this point as I've had many sprains as well as fractures and felt this was more serious than regular foot sprain. Went to foot and ankle specialist and was immediately sent for MRI/CAT scan. The DR called within two days I had a lisfranc fracture in two places as well as ligament rupture(sprain). Results I should have been immobilized ASAP before having surgery. I'm not one to needles spelt complain and will also listen to dr as to what do I know. Well I knew something was wrong and he did not listen to me or my concerns. Very glad I saw a diff docs

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I was in a horrific car accident 8 months ago. Were it not for Dr. Kanellakos, I would certainly not be walking today. He's friendly, polite, knowledgeable and, most importantly, the best leg surgeon! I can't praise him highly enough. Many people I've come across have said that I was fortunate to have him when I was airlifted into Morristown Memorial (these are people who work there!). His office staff are great - cheerful, helpful and industrious. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Kanellakos. He's the greatest in my book!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I went to see this doctor for a second opinion and he seemed pretty knowledgeable. I don't have much to say about him but he seemed friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Operated on my knee completely messed it up required 2 more surgeries by someone that knew what they were doing to fix his mistakes.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010