Ratings for Dr. Dimitrios Karastathis

Educated me every step of the way. Friendly and took time to make sure I felt comfortable and knew what the plan was. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone !!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr. Karastathis has gone above and beyond for my implant. He performed an additional gum graft at no charge to ensure that my gums were perfect (my implant is my front tooth, so the aesthetics are important). He even came into his office during his vacation to remove my stitches. My gums now look better than ever. His demeanor is professional and his personality puts you at ease. His staff is helpful and friendly as well. I would highly recommend him to anybody that I knew who needed a periodontist. I can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

After more than a year of dealing with severe gum recession on one tooth, I was fortunate enough to have found Dr Karastathis - he truly did save my tooth, for which I am very thankful. Before I saw Dr K, I saw several other periodontists in Vancouver and they left me feeling so hopeless about my situation. Dr. K gave a very reasonable quote, did my gum graft in one shot with great success and demonstrated super attentive patient care - I had a time sensitive case and he really made an effort to coordinate with the other specialists and even made himself available for calls on weekends. Best perio in Vancouver!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Dimitrios Karastathis saved my tooth! My dentist said it would have to come out but Dr. K was conservative and was able to save it. I was so happy with the care I got and I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I had extensive surgery and implants with Dr. Karastathis upon my dentists recommendation. The grafting was done so well, the healing was absolutely fine. He was really careful, a very funny guy, and the implants were a success. It has been a long road but well worth it with Dr. K. I have advised a lot of my friends who are getting implants to see him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. K. is the nicest dentist I have met. I had a problem after surgery (not his fault) and he even saw me over the holiday season when the office was closed. Few dentists will do that. He is friendly, very competent and I HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

My dentist sent me to Dr Karastathis for crown lengthening to fix my gummy smile. I was really nervous but Dr Karastathis took the time to walk me through the procedure and put me at ease. I'm very happy with the results and my new better smile!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Dr. K is the best dentist I have every been to. Really makes you feel at ease. He has a great personality, he is very friendly and easy to talk to. I could just go on and on. He is just absolutely fantastic and so is his staff.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Dr. K. far exceeds the usual standard of care. I saw him for an extraction and implant (I've had one before) and he inspired my trust by being thorough, up-to-date, cautious, willing to consult, plan, & accommodate. His technical skills, knowledge, and compassion were outstanding. His staff were always competent and welcoming. I am very glad my dentist referred me to him and I would recommend him to others needing dental implants. I would definitely return to his practice if I ever need further periodontal surgery.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I saw Dr. Dimitrios Karastathis for a frenectomy. He was very pleasant and personable. His staff did not inspire confidence. The purpose of the frenectomy was to prevent the gum line from receding further. From what I understand the procedure is typically done with a laser. He used a scalpel, it was very painful, and in the end the frenum grew back and the gum line receded further. My dentist is recommending I have the procedure done again. I regret seeing Dr. Karastathis for this procedure and cannot recommend him based on my experience.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013