Ratings for Dr. Dimitrios Karastathis

Dr Karastathis saw me on an emergency basis as my regular periodontist was out of town on holiday..Dr K. saw me within hours of my contacting his office,consulted with my periodontist,and booked me for surgery for removal of a bone graft which had become infected.This procedure was done AFTER his normal work hours!All the accolades in the other testimonials are completely true.Dr K is calm,engaging,kind,caring,thoughtful ,generous and above all very patient-centered.Due to his expertise and reassuring presence my experience was a very positive one.He is truly a gem. Marg L

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Had a gum graft in mid-December and my periodontist went on vacation 5 days after the procedure. Unfortunately my palate didn't heal as smoothly as the previous time I had this done; it was bleeding like crazy on day 6... I woke up in the am thrice to mouthfuls of blood. Dr. K was the specialist covering my periodontist's patients and he didn't hesitate to go to his office to see me on Christmas eve! Wow this man is just great - astute, reassuring, funny, and a real pro. Stitched me up and put some reinforcements in to help me heal. Told me to call him if I start bleeding again even if it's at 2am. Can't say enough good things about his care ! Thank you Dr K!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Educated me every step of the way. Friendly and took time to make sure I felt comfortable and knew what the plan was. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone !!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr. Karastathis has gone above and beyond for my implant. He performed an additional gum graft at no charge to ensure that my gums were perfect (my implant is my front tooth, so the aesthetics are important). He even came into his office during his vacation to remove my stitches. My gums now look better than ever. His demeanor is professional and his personality puts you at ease. His staff is helpful and friendly as well. I would highly recommend him to anybody that I knew who needed a periodontist. I can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

After more than a year of dealing with severe gum recession on one tooth, I was fortunate enough to have found Dr Karastathis - he truly did save my tooth, for which I am very thankful. Before I saw Dr K, I saw several other periodontists in Vancouver and they left me feeling so hopeless about my situation. Dr. K gave a very reasonable quote, did my gum graft in one shot with great success and demonstrated super attentive patient care - I had a time sensitive case and he really made an effort to coordinate with the other specialists and even made himself available for calls on weekends. Best perio in Vancouver!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Dimitrios Karastathis saved my tooth! My dentist said it would have to come out but Dr. K was conservative and was able to save it. I was so happy with the care I got and I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I had extensive surgery and implants with Dr. Karastathis upon my dentists recommendation. The grafting was done so well, the healing was absolutely fine. He was really careful, a very funny guy, and the implants were a success. It has been a long road but well worth it with Dr. K. I have advised a lot of my friends who are getting implants to see him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. K. is the nicest dentist I have met. I had a problem after surgery (not his fault) and he even saw me over the holiday season when the office was closed. Few dentists will do that. He is friendly, very competent and I HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

My dentist sent me to Dr Karastathis for crown lengthening to fix my gummy smile. I was really nervous but Dr Karastathis took the time to walk me through the procedure and put me at ease. I'm very happy with the results and my new better smile!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Dr. K is the best dentist I have every been to. Really makes you feel at ease. He has a great personality, he is very friendly and easy to talk to. I could just go on and on. He is just absolutely fantastic and so is his staff.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Dr. Dimitrios Karastathis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dimitrios Karastathis is a Board Certified Specialist in Periodontics Dr. Karastathis completed his general dentist training at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry. After obtaining his degree, Dr. Karastathis worked as a resident dentist at the University of Alberta Hospital where he treated numerous medically compromised and trauma related cases. It was during these years that Dr. Karastathis discovered his passion for treating gum and implant related issues. Consequently, he went on to complete his graduate training in periodontics and implant surgery, along with a Masters Degree of Craniofacial Science, from the University of British Columbia. In addition to his full time practice, Dr. Karastathis mentors numerous dental study clubs and is an instructor of periodontics and implant dentistry at the University of British Columbia.

• English