Ratings for Dr. Michael Pelkey

Yes! absolutely great bedside manners....easy to talk with, not feeling "rushed" in the conversation despite I'm sure he's very busy......straight to the point, clearly and IN LAYMAN'S TERMS, making sure you understand what he's saying....and willing to go one step further....just to check or "rule out" any of his peculiar findings (as small as they may be), despite he knows what the current medical situation is - good for us!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

For almost 4 years I was sent to specialists by my Family Doctor to find out what was wrong with my blood. Most of the specialists never took her or my case seriously and just wanted it to go away--it was a mystery. I was referred to Dr. Pelkey and he suggested a bone marrow biopsy which he performed. He was gentle and used forethought, he had 2 lab girls in the room checking the sample as he took them to ensure that I didn't get a call back to have another biopsy because the samples were not good. He then sent my information to another specialist because it still remained a mystery, and then that specialist sent it to another in Toronto. Because of the persistence of my Family Doctor and Dr. Pelkey I finally have a diagnosis of a very rare autoimmune disease--Kudos to you Dr. Pelkey!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

Dr pelkey was amazing. I have pcos and have been actively trying to conceive for years and it came down to hormones. No one would help me due to my age and he didn't judge at all. Appointment should of taken a few minutes but he talked with me for over an hour with great information and ready to help me ASAP. No more waiting around which I loved. Very knowledgable and ruled out a couple other issues first all during the one appointment :) he was so happy to help. Would definitely recommend him to anyone :)

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I found Dr. Pelkey very friendly and very knowledgeable. He doesn't tend to pre-judge circumstances and makes sure to check out every possibility. The staff were very friendly as well.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I was referred to Dr Pelky by my DR and he said about 3 months wait. I was called by Dr Pelky's office and visited him in less than 10 days. He was seeing me at almost the time i was scheduled. He explained everything I was there for and had an excellent delivery of his assessment and answered all my questions plus other things. A very pleasant man and was in no hurry to get me out of office. I was most impresed with him and he had an awesome and pleasant personality and extremely knowledgable. The visit with Dr Pelkey really made my day and I am so pleased to have been able to have been assessed by him. I would recommend him to anybody...

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr Pelkey is a wonderful doctor. I had been going to numerous doctors/specialists for a little over 3 years and no one could explain why I was sick. I began to think I was crazy. After being directed to Dr Pelkey, he had tests done and reslts back immediately. It only took him a few visits to narrow down what was wrong and medicate me. If it wasn't for him I think I would be full blown crazy and a very sick woman by now. Thank you Dr Pelkey :)

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

DR pelkey is a very good doctor very helpfull every time i went too see him.easy too talk to couldnt ask for better !!!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

I was 10 minutes late for an appointment due to weather and he made me reschedule... after driving an hour to get there and his secretary, Cindy is horrible to deal with. Very unfriendly.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Pelkey has been keeping an eye on my thyroid for years. He keeps track of my blood work, ultrasounds, etc. and has never forgotten to order a test. He e-mails me my results as soon as they arrive in his office, and has always explained the results when I've had questions. He's a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Dr. Pelkey was very friendly and explained all of our options in a way we could understand. It is easy to get an appointment depending on the severity of the problem. I recommend him to anybody with thyroid problems.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr. Michael Pelkey's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Yes! absolutely great bedside manners....easy to talk with, not feeling "rushed" in the conversation despite I'm sure he's very busy......straight to the point,..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "For almost 4 years I was sent to specialists by my Family Doctor to find out what was wrong with my blood. Most of the specialists never took her or my case ser..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr pelkey was amazing. I have pcos and have been actively trying to conceive for years and it came down to hormones. No one would help me due to my age and he d..."

September 3, 2014