Ratings for Dr. M Begam

I do not trust Dr. Begam's judgement. She jumps to conclusions and her knowledge is very limited. I am thankful, though, that she sent me to see a specialist as it saved my life. Otherwise, I would probably be dead by now. True fact. Wish I could find another family doctor in town but all the good ones are taken and not taking new patients. Please let me know if there are any good doctors taking new patients in Miramichi.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I don't feel like Dr Begam would take anything I say seriously since when I first went she acted annoyed that I was even there (she didn't want new patients but her receptionist set up the appointment). Then she fixated on the fact that I seemed nervous and made tactless comments about it. She was dismissive and didn't explain my test results but implied it was all in my head or anxiety related. (The psychiatrist she referred me to said I seemed fine.) I have no way of knowing if she was right, and if I did have a real medical problem I'm afraid she wouldn't be able to figure it out because of the snap judgments she made. She was not friendly to me. I don't want to have to deal with someone rude and condescending in any capacity, much less having my medical information filtered through them. She was able to perceive that I was uncomfortable being there but did nothing but make it worse. I will do everything else possible before going back to her

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I won't go back to her. I am looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

When she does decide to offer advice she used google to diagnose the problem. Wrote me a prescription for a medication worth $360 and didn't check my symptoms. Turns out I didn't have anything to worry about after seeing another physician. Looking for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Switched doctors she was uncooperative and refused to send in things if asked or referrals

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Receptionist little short on the phone but nice in person. Dr. Begam was friendly and a good listener. Have had no issues to date. I sure hope it all continues very comfortable with Dr. Begam and her receptionist.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Not sure if she went to medical school or uses google. Terrible Doctor!! Every time myself or my family go there, she's useless. She uses her opinions and not medical knowledge. Tells you to take Advil for everything. My brother had a sinus infection and she recommended honey. I really question her medical ability.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

I wish I could find another doctor. She is always rude and laughed at me a few times. She also tells other people what I go there for (for example, she tells my mother about our visits and vice versa). She one time told me I eat to much because I gained a few pounds, and that my diabetes medication will not be adjusted due to the fact that I eat to much. When it was recommended by a diabetic clinic that my medication be adjusted. I dread going to see her, we always seem to argue and she talks to me like I am a child. I am currently looking for a new doctor and will have to put up with her until I can find someone decent.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I would prefer if she didn't rush through every appointment and tell me I'm wrong about what I feel. I'm tired of always hearing "take Advil" for anything I go in for. I've had to get second opinions on many occasions which just proved what she said wrong. She makes judgements out loud about things that she shouldn't. Would not recommend to anybody.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

She is difficult to understand as her English is quite poor. She made me undress in front of her when completing a physical exam (i.e. Pap test). It made me very uncomfortable as I have always had the doctor or nurse leave the room both before and after completing a pap test. She also did not take my health concerns seriously and prescribed me the wrong medication. Thankfully the pharmacist caught her error. I would not recommend her, nor will I continue to see her as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016