Ratings for Dr. Baseerudin Khan

Fantastic experience treating my cataracts with Dr. Khan. He was professional and the surgery was successful. I was very anxious for my surgery but his competence and knowledge put me at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Khan and the team at Clarity Eye Institute. The follow up care was excellent. The practice is a busy one, but people drive from other cities to seek care here, and there is a reason for this!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I had cataract surgery in April and June, 2017. In both instances, Dr. Khan scheduled follow up checks later in the day of the surgery (I came to the clinic from 4 hours away so I didn't have to return the next day), one week and then 3 weeks after surgery. I had Envista, monofocal IOLs implanted, one of which was a Toric lens to correct astigmatism. The results have been excellent and my distance vision is nearly perfect. I've worn glasses since I was 10 years old and the improvement in my vision has been astounding. I will get glasses for reading as this was the expected and desired outcome as explained by Dr. Khan during the initial consultation. While the Clarity Eye Institute is a very busy place, I was seen very close to my appointment time on each visit. Staff were pleasant and efficient and explained what they were doing when I asked them. Dr. Khan is very busy, however, he answered my questions satisfactorily and took the time I needed to feel comfortable with the whole procedure. My own Opthamologist who also does cataract surgery referred me to Dr. Khan due to my deep set eyes requiring Dr. Khan's methodology. Prior to surgery, I spoke with a friend of mine who was treated by Dr. Khan a few years ago and he spoke highly of Dr. Khan giving me reassurance before proceeding. I am very please with how I was cared for and the results of my surgery.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I had cataract surgery in the summer of 2014. The outcome was very disappointing. I required a follow up Yag laser to deal with a complication known as a posterior capsular opacity in both eyes. The level of follow up at clarity post surgery was atrocious, with Dr khan only looking at my eyes the same day after surgery and then having an optometrist looked at my eyesone week later. I later found out that most opthamologist a will do a follow up one day, one week and one month after surgery with their patients. Within several months I developed dry eyes and visual disturbances at night. One year later I have seen five opthamologist who have been unable to fully diagnose what ails my eyes to this day. The clarity office is too busy and does not provide a caring level of service.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Clarity referred me to Dr. Baseer Khan with an eye emergency after meds would not lower my IOP. After my initial visit with Dr. Khan, I was prescribed corteseriods even though I had no signs of inflammation. While picking up medication, the pharamacist suggested the drug prescribed may be inappropriate for my high IOP; after taking the medication, I began to experience vision loss. Repeatedly I asked Dr. Khan to address my concerns and he repeatedly dismissed me leaving me to search for another surgeon. Several weeks passed with my high pressure and my vision started to deteriorate and finally after a severe corneal ulcer resulting in debilitating photophobia from the drugs perscribed, Dr. Khan relented to take action. I am not happy with the lack of professionalism Dr Khan demonstrated in addressing my medication emergency and after hearing other patients complaining in the waiting room about Dr. Khan (and my referring doctor suggested his lack of was wrong) , I am left with the impression that Dr.Khan may be lacking the skills to do some surgeries and he is putting his own interest ahead of his patients by not referring patients to more capable hands. If you have a medical emergency and are referred to doctor Khan, you are likely you be treated with an indifference that will lead to permanent vision loss.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr Khan is an EXELLENT young eye surgeon. He yet has to learn, though, that behind the eye there is a human being, with questions, emotions and fears.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

too busy to give u proper attention . He was not able to give us proper explaination about the post op results of one eye and then he did the the same thing with other eye despite his assurances before operation . very disappointed with results

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012