Ratings for Dr. Salyani

Excellent doctor! Really cares about saving peoples vision. Yes there is always a long wait time but I wouldn't go to anyone else for treatment.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

My honest opinion: Dr Salyani might be knowledgable in his profession (nothing special)... But he is extremely arrogant, COLD, and most of all money hungry. He trains his staff like parrots...urging EVERY patient that walks in the door to do the 2 "highly recommended" tests that are not covered by OHIP, for 85$ EACH. These tests are heavily recommended by his pushy receptionists before the doctor even SEES you. Otherwise, he will not be able to "see" the layers of your retina. I smell BS. In my opinion, he's a crook. That's 170$ extra he manages to rob from each patient that walks in his office, over how much he's already getting from OHIP. I will file a formal complaint with the college of physicians. I suggest you do the same if you have the same complaint/suspicions as I do. Thanks for nothing, doc!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Do not bother....waste of time and money. I drove an hour and half to see him after a referral from my eye Doctor. He did the same test my eye Doctor did and charged me to do both eyes when I only needed to check one! He never looks at you and has quite the ego. I am no further ahead in seeing better...so frustrating. My eye doctor will hear about this. This specialist will not help you....oh and he doesn't do prescriptions....says to talk to my eye Doctor for that...he doesn't do that. I don't think I am the only person that feels ripped off.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

There is no excuse for the absolute rudeness and disrespect of making patients wait routinely for two hours. There are very simple scheduling methods to avoid this which respect the time of both patients and the physician. Salyani is just too greedy and arrogant to care. His service is not worth the wait as he is certainly no better than other specialists. He will also try to get extra money by ordering tests not covered by OHIP and having them performed by his staff. I have seen many poor seniors agonize over this but they are afraid to disregard doctors orders. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone and I wish these unscrupulous and unprofessional behaviors could be subject to discipline by the CPSO. A disgrace.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Salyani for about 5 years now due to different eye issues. I have been to all of the different clinics for treatment. Yes there is wait times, but I find that understandable due to the nature of the work that he does. I personally would rather wait to see Dr. Salyani and know that I am getting superb treatment than to be waiting in a hospital. I have always been treated with care and respect by all of his employees as well. After 50 years of wearing either contact lenses or glasses I now do not need either one of them. Amazing!!!! I have immense respect for Dr. Salyani and would not dream of letting any other Dr. near my eyes. I cannot Thank you enough LJ

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

This doctor is never on time and the office is very poorly run. No one seems to know what patients need to know. Even for a post up apt I was told would be short and on time, they did not have my apt and I was still there 1/2 day. Was told that after post op check, 2nd eye would be schedule right away for catarac- now I'm told there's a 2 month wait. If you want to be treated like a customer - find another clinic!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016