Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Myerson

Outstanding. Results exactly as assured. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Be careful, he doesn't do your surgery. His fellow (a dr he is training) does it. They fail to disclose that (verbally) to you ahead of time.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Get them in, get them out. That would be the slogan for this doctor's office. I'm sure he has helped many, but heaven forbid your surgery is not successful. He will not give you the time of day when it is done. Bedside manner is non-existent. I had to cut my losses and find another surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I am at the 6 week point of recovery from surgery, so I can't report on my long term end point. Dr Myerson is a brilliant doctor and teacher and spoke to his students in 3 different languages. I knew that he had to be the surgeon for my foot when my orthopaedist, Family Dr, Specialist, PT, and several friends said that they have had work done by him with perfect results. He answered all of my questions and put me at ease with his open and friendly manner. At the 6 week point I have a "perfect outcome" and will start pt in 6 weeks when I get out of the boot. I know that my road is still a long one since I have had complete foot and ankle reconstruction and no longer have a deformed foot for the first time in my life ( I'm 68 ), but I'm determined that all of our combined hard work will be successful.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Dr Myerson give me an operation for foot drop and I haven't been able to walk without a cane since he is a arrogant dr who does not accept that he cannot possibly be wrong August 1 2012 was the start of the worst days of my life my foot don't move in any other direction but the way he surguerically put it I fall all the time Iam depressed I can't go out without pain when I walk Iam so displeased with the operation and when I went back for a follow-up he act as if nothing was wrong desperate what I tell him no he doesn't listen to anything you say especially if it's not a praise ..... I truelly wish I could take back the last 2 and a half years I would never had walked and I MEAN WALKED into his practice

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr Myerson preformed foot and ankle surgery on me after a dr i had after my accident attempted to fix my injuries and dr myerson made sure i was back to where i shouldve been a year and a half ago. I will recomend him to any and all people i know have foot and ankle issues.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Very smart man, but not a very compassionate one. I think he has taken in too many patients and as a result, his practice has become factory-like. He definitely has a "God-complex". I had PTTD surgery with him 2.5 years ago and have had problems ever since. I have been on many follow-up appointments with him since the surgery and in the 4 minutes that he spends with me (I am not exaggerating... yes, 4 minutes) I can tell that he is not really listening to what I am conveying to him. He has already moved on. I do not care how good a doctor is... mistakes are made when you don't take the time to listen to the patient, spend more than 10 seconds looking at an MRI, and rush out of the room because there are 10 other patients waiting for their 4 minutes. On paper my surgery was probably labeled as "a success"... apparently if I can do one heal-raise I am successful. But with my everyday life, I don't do heal raises, and walking brings all sorts of aches and pains. During my last visit, I stopped him from walking out of the room to ask some of the many questions I had. I could tell he was getting aggravated with me and began to display attitude. That is unacceptable. When I leave his office, I have to Google to get my answers. That is not good. The doctor who was willing to perform surgery on me should also be willing to treat me when the surgery is done. Do not get me started on some of his office staff. I did give Dr. Myerson's punctuality 5 stars... I guess when you are only giving patients 4 minutes of your time, it is almost impossible to not be punctual!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Mark Myerson and his staff are so fantastic, words just can not describe. I would recommend Dr. Myerson to everyone I could. He performed reconstructive foot surgery on both of my 12 year old's feet and what a perfect surgery on them both! He is a fantastic, smart, courteous, talented, hard-working doctor who takes on students from all over the world because the want to learn from and train under such a wonderful surgeon. Thank you Dr. Myerson and your staff for being so wonderful!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I had ankle replacement done 6 weeks ago. I just left my appointment with Dr Myerson and I am walking without my crutches or boot, and pain free. I am very lucky to find this talented physician and I will never forget how he helped me through this. Mercy hospital was terrific and Dr Myerson and his staff were terrific.....Thank you Dr Myerson for giving me my active life back !

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Is Myerson a capable doctor? Undoubtedly. Does he treat each patient as an individual? No. But as long as you fall into the 80% bracket of people who will have no issues from his treatment, you'll be fine. However, if there's a chance of you being in the 20% who may encounter surgical issues, you might want to reconsider. Myerson is incredibly opinionated, telling you what he's going to do, not discussing your options WITH you. And he doesn't listen, even when told about previous medical issues. He's surgery happy too, because any snafu doesn't affect him in the slightest. When he performs surgery, what he is going to do is not decided until he actually operates. Because he only treats people at the 'normal' 80% level, he does not make allowances for such things as how differently people heal, or what different material/medications to use. Post op he'll see you at 2 and 6 weeks and after that you're left to your own devices until 12 weeks - which is way too long to wait if there are issues of which you're unaware. If you can get him to explain procedures and risks or spend more than 8 minutes in a session with you, you'll be lucky. Is such a short amount of time with a doctor really sufficient for you to make surgery decisions which could affect your whole life?

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Mark S. Myerson's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1978)