Ratings for Dr. Karen Visser

She was my doctor for both my pregnancies. She is not only knowledgeable but also so compassionate and caring. She makes sure you are comfortable with your situation and always makes you feel comfortable. Her assistant is also very nice and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I ended up transfiguring to a midwife at 35 weeks because Dr. Visser was so closed-minded. I asked some pretty basic questions and she provided the most unhelpful answer. Namely, I wanted recommendations on breastfeeding classes ("it's better to learn as you go", she said) and I wanted information on the different types of epidurals so I wasn't limited to giving birth on my back ("there's only one type, and you have to give birth on your back so I can see if something goes wrong"). I wanted as few interventions as possible, to avoid a c-section and to breastfeed, and she seemed completely uninterested in those concerns/birth goals. Anyway, her mindset around pregnancy/childbirth was not at all aligned with my own, so it was best to part ways. I also found her to be generally condescending and superior in attitude... which my husband and I didn't appreciate. Glad we moved on to a midwife!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

She did my delivery and i am very satisfied with how she managed the situation

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I was refered to dr visser after a scare early on . After our first meet I knew I was in safe hands. If anything ever ends in a question or if she is concerned on her end she finds the answer, you get sent for the required test and you will have answers either that day or in two. I had so many random unknowns and through it all I had hugs, words of comfort and now a wonderful little lady. Im now pregnant again and going to call the office today !! Thanks Visser for your love and care, and Chantal for all the appointment scrambling to meet my husband's weird schedual!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Visser is great, her office assistant is terrible. Chantal will not return phone calls, will not confirm appointments when she says she will, will not pass on information to Dr. Visser

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

She was my obgyn for my two pregnancies, and me and my husband reccomend her to everyone we know! Sweet, caring and very knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr. Visser is a fantastic Obstetrician. She helped my wife through two challenging pregnancies. She is very knowledgeable and talented. Thank you Dr. Visser!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Dr. Visser's has been my OB for 3 of my pregnancies and is the kindest, sweetest person! Always willing to take time to answer any questions or concerns and is willing to sit & hold your hand while you cry if feeling overwhelmed by anything. She's got a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr visser was my OBGYN for my second pregnancy and we were expecting twins. She is amazing! She took the time to answer all my questions, never rushes you, always makes sure you are 100% ok with any questions or concerns before you leave the office. You know that she absolutely loves her job and she has definitely found her calling. We're not having anymore children but if I was I would go back in a heart beat and I recommend anyone and everyone to go to her! I'm sad that I'll never have her as my Dr again. I wish my family GP was like her.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

She was amazing she deliverd our daughter 1lb9oz in 2008 we love her she awesome

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015