Ratings for Dr. Jason Chau

I was initially happy hearing I was referred to Dr. Chau as there were some positive reviews. Sad to say I'm not terribly impressed now. Took 10 months to finally get an appointment, then a quick meeting, a meds prescription, and a referral for a CT scan. He forgot that I'd had the CT scan on a follow up appointment when I asked about what progress I had made, he had no explanation for a loss of smell other than, 'perhaps you're not getting enough air up there," and had very limited suggestions other than one type of medication, or surgery. While polite, he was slightly dismissive and a tad curt when I asked about possible causes, alternative treatment options, surgery success rates, and longer term prognosis, stating that surgery was an option and a personal choice. I did not get the sense that he was well prepared or had reviewed my file prior to the follow up appointment. Not impressed. While I fully admit that I am in no way qualified to rate 'knowledge' of a physician, my rating is based on Dr. Chau's lack of clear explanation, responses to my questions, and provision of options, rationale, or further areas of exploration. Seriously considering a second opinion as Dr. Chau is leaving me wanting better support from my ENT.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

While you may find that arriving at a situation that requires surgical intervention somewhat perturbing, rest assured that you are in the FINEST hands when it comes to Dr Jason Chau. He is a consummate professional and the epitome of skilled surgeon. I underwent 6 procedures captured in one surgical protocol that was successful. I would not hesitate to put my life in his hands again.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

My son had his surgery done by Dr. Chau. It was at least a 3 month wait to see him, but they had an earlier opening. Surgery was done within a month after the test results came back, and the recovery was smooth. My son is 2 years old. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I saw Dr. Chau to treat sleep apnea. I had my tonsils, adenoids, and uvula removed and I have never slept better. I would absolutely recommend if you are looking to treat sleep apnea or stop snoring. My weight has dropped and I have far more energy now!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Chau's team was fantastic both before and after my surgery. Dr. Chau is a very knowledgeable and skilled surgeon, with excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I had my surgery and am left with several complications and find new issues including implants that were not discussed. Not happy and will not recommend

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

This medical team (from the first contact through surgery to follow-up) was excellent. Dr. Chau blends strong communication skills with expertise and humility. We are grateful for the commitment to excellence in health.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Amazing with my son. My only complaint is that of the front staff at the Douglas location. Took them 4 months to process my urgent referral. After my sons sleep study they forgot we had received the results and therefore didn't process the appointment. After multiple calls, showing up for booked appointments they couldn't find, and multiple rescheduling see finally got to see Dr Chau. Then within a month my son had surgery. He's truly amazing with a great bedside manner. Too bad his staff don't reflect the kind of Dr he is!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Kind, great with kids and made my sons surgery experience wonderful instead of frightening. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr. Chau is great. Had a couple surgeries with him and he really is awesome. I ended up having to witch from him for other reasons, but wish I could've stayed with Dr. Chau because he is that good. His nurse, tho, is another story. Considering how intelligent and organized Dr. Chau is, it's amazing he puts up with that kind of help. Having to track your own progress and constantly call to try and get info or a call back, and then eventually after about 5 moths of being told I'd get a call back I just ended up walking into the office because I was sick of hearing "I'll make sure he calls/gets the message," or "today's Tuesday, so I'll call you on Thursday" and then the following Wednesday comes and still not getting the call that was supposed to come 6 days prior. I'd still recommend Dr. Chau, in spite of his assistant, just be sure to keep track of what location he is at, and double check, don't leave without a date or you'll likely not get a call back with one...etc Surgeon wise, top notch, great bedside manner and very good at listening to what you have to say, doesn't tell you what you are thinking.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016