Ratings for Dr. Candice Browne

As a male, seeing a female Dr. is not always comfortable, I have been seeing Dr. Brown for several years now and I can say with confidence that she has been concerned and helpful in every aspect of my health. I see her every three months to monitor my medications and my health. she has encouraged and been helpful in me changing my lifestyle and becoming much more fit and slim and healthy into my 50's. I am sure that DR. Browne is not for everyone as she is not there to tell you what you want to hear, she is there to help you if your prepared to help yourself! I recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Candice Browne is my primary care doctor and has been for a few years. She has helped me through major health problems, listens extremely well and is patient. I also find that she is extremely supportive and also carefully explains all the choices to me when there are different possible treatments. Recently, my boyfriend came to ann appointment with me and he was very impressed with her as well. He said he felt a lot better knowing I was in great hands. She has not hesitated to send me to a specialist when I have needed it. I am really thankful to have her as my doctor. I would also describe her as professional and respectful at all times.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Browne has been my family doctor for a handful of years now. I generally only see her for basic needs - prescription refills, pap smears, and the occasional cold, and she is always efficient and helpful. When I have expressed more serious concerns with her, she has not hesitated to have extra bloodwork done or send me to a specialist. In my opinion, she's a pleasant, competent family doctor and I am always in and out quickly.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I was recommended Dr Browne by my midwife after I had my first baby 4 years ago. My midwife described her as an amazing, caring and knowledgeable doctor who happened at the time to be taking on new patients. I feel very lucky that I got such a great tip because she is exactly all of those things and more! I have never had any issues with her care or the Seymour Medical Centre. Super punctual staff there, appointments always available, Dr Browne is very kind, warm and our appointments never feel rushed in any way. She is very reasonable with her balance between medicating a problem and letting natural healing take its course when that is the better option.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Dr. Candice Browne is a prescription drug, vaccine enthusiast and very cold. She is thorough with the traditional western medical system. My teenage daughter's first visit was completely focused on the HPV vaccine even when my daughter repeatedly told Dr. Browne that she wasn't sexually active yet. On her way out the door she gave her several pamphlets on vaccines she should be receiving. To get a referral to a specialist is a power struggle and I finally had to confront her about it and asked her, what do you care if I go to a specialist as you can no longer help me? Every single time I visit her, the first question out of her mouth is, how much do you weigh? I tell her my weight and I ask what relevance it has to the appointment at hand, and she tells me to get on the scale, I refuse and she argues, oh you know what you weigh and weighed yourself today before coming here, and that visit was for a 4 month bought with a bad cough that wouldn't go away, she didn't examine me or listen to my chest congestion and her only reply was, oh you didn't get a flu vaccine did you. I find the wait times reasonable, her busy office staff pleasant for the most part and the ability to get a quick appointment ok. She pushes prescription drugs and her idea of leading a healthy lifestyle is to hand you a pamphlet. This is her second maternity leave and she only got coverage for the first half. She won't be back until Sept 2016 and all her patients have no GP to care for them. Your choice is to go to the walk in clinic and wait or find a new doctor elsewhere. It took us almost 3 years to find a female doctor in Vancouver that was a GP.

Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr Browne is young and empathetic. I feel so lucky she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Very thorough and helpful doctor. I am lucky to have her as my doctor. She is not perfect but neither am I and I do think she is extremely bright and tries to manage my problems in a reasonable manner.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

The staff are friendly, respectable and very professional. Dr. Browne has always been on time. She takes the time to explain the results and implications of tests and examinations. She is very knowledgable, friendly and respectable.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Browne now for a few years,and I found that she works well within the constraints of the medical system...I have found her very pleasant and she genuinely wants to improve the health of her patients, but, as a patient of hers, I can tell you that I have been shown the roadway to better health, as many of us are, and it is up to you to hear what they are saying to you and follow through in order to achieve your goals of improved health. I recommend this Doctor for proactive people who really want improvement and are prepared to do the work to get there.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

Happy to have found Dr Browne. Always listens, is thorough, and never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013