Ratings for Dr. Philip Walton

I recently had a single implant procedure done by Dr Walton. While I was initially quite nervous, I was pleased with how he answered all my questions and showed me the pre- xrays and the explained the procedure and plan. I was very surprised and delighted how simple and easy things turned out. Most importantly, Dr Walton was very quick and painless. I had no pain at all during the procedure and none afterwards. I obviously can feel that work was done...but considering it all it was an amazingly 'lite' experience. He even followed up with a personal email the following day to check in on me. Based on my experience, I would recommend Dr Walton for dental surgery procedures without hesitation.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Walton is an exceptional dental surgeon. And among the (numerous) dental professionals I've been to in my life, he definitely rates in the top 1%. If going to the dentist to get a tooth removed and having the bone grafted can be an enjoyable experience, I'm sure this was the closest it can get. I felt a slight pinch with the freezing needle, and a bit of pressure when the tooth was being removed, but nothing I would describe as pain, and the area is healing very well. However, the best thing about Dr. Walton (who I saw at Museum Dental) was how friendly he was. He put me at ease immediately (I was quite nervous), he explained the procedure very well prior to starting, and he was very knowledgeable about all the available options for replacing the tooth. During the procedure he checked in to make sure I was doing alright a number of times, which made me relax even more. I was awake the entire time, and it was all over surprisingly quickly. I even went back to work after. I have had a few negative experiences with dentists recently, but Dr. Walton and Museum Dental were outstanding. I would highly recommend both Dr. Walton and Museum Dental.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

I came in with an infected molar misdiagnosed for months by my dentist. Dr. Walton asked me to stay after my first consult so he could personally extract the tooth, clean the gums and start to heal and regrow the missing bone.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

This is my second gum graft with Dr Walton and I tracked him down because he did such a great job last time. I would agree with the other positive reviews. He is excellent.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Surprisingly nervous before my implant procedure, I found Dr. Walton, Dr. Vickie Sugerman and their staff at the Queen Street Dental Clinic to be calming, reassuring and expert in my treatment. I expected pain, swelling and bleeding as outcomes and experienced none of the above. The implant procedure was quick and painless and felt remarkably routine. Though I was prescribed effective pain-killing drugs, I really didn't need them after 24 hours. Not that I'd want to do this regularly but would definitely return to Dr. Walton for any other periodontic needs. Both he and Dr. Sugerman followed up with emails a couple of days later, inquiring about my progress and I can't recall that happening with any other medical professionals in my personal experience.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Walton performed my gum grafting surgery two and a half weeks ago and I am beyond satisfied with the care I received. He explained everything in detail when I had my consult with him so I knew exactly what to expect. On the day of surgery, he was all set up and ready to go when I arrived in the room so it was a matter of just a few minutes between the time I walked in, signed the consent form and he started the surgery. I really appreciated this because I didn't have time to get nervous. The surgery was painless and I didn't even feel the local anesthetic needle going in. He performed the surgery very efficiently and smoothly and afterward explained all the postoperative instructions. I got the impression that he genuinely cares about the well-being of his patients. After the local anesthetic wore off, there was very little pain. I was advised to take the prescribed Advil for 24 hours after surgery (this is important because if you wait until the pain gets unbearable then it's harder to treat) and then after that if I had pain. I really didn't have much pain but I had some minor swelling so I continued talking the Advil for a few days after surgery. The only downside to the procedure is a soft diet is required for a week after surgery but I found lots of foods that I could eat (pasta, eggs, rice and ground meat) so even that wasn't so bad. Within a few days after the surgery, I could already feel the benefits was was glad I had it done. My gums had receded to the point the roots were exposed which caused pain even when I drank room temperature liquids. I no longer have tooth sensitivity in those areas. I have heard people say that gum grafting is painful. This certainly was not my experience and if you need it done, I would definitely recommend Dr. Walton.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I considered myself lucky to have had gum grafting done by Dr. Walton. He is not only an incredibly skilled dental surgeon, but also a pleasure to deal with. On time, prepared for any nerves you might feel. He lets you know what he is doing as the session progresses. At the end of the procedure he hands you a bag with everything you need, gauze, information, prescriptions and a contact number. AND he follows up with you to make sure all is well. Everyone who works is in the "customer service" business but not everyone takes that part of their job seriously. Dr. Walton is impressive. He has the best ratings possible, and he has earned them!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

after being told by my dentist for years that i needed to remove all of my teeth.. i realized i had to face this harsh reality. i was sent to a surgeon of my dentists choice but didn't feel a connection with this gentleman. to think i found myself scowering the internet for an implant surgeon was a tad scary but proved to be effective after all. i used this site and actually decided to book consultations with the "top few periodontist" on ratemd. i will not mention the other names of the surgeons i visited but the meeting with dr walton and his office far surpassed any of the others. it was easy to see how truly genuine, compassionate and caring he was relative to those i had met in my implant travels. whats more - his plan involved having my teeth out and implants and new teeth all in the same day. this was something the other surgeons frowned upon yet worked remarkably well and i still can't understand how someone could bare being in a denture for months instead of this same day process. the reason im writing this review is to save others like myself the hassle of reading multiple periodontists testimonials and attending numerous consultations only to arrive at my conclusion - dr walton is the best.... of the best :)

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I've had some bad experiences in the past with dentists, so when I was told I'd need to have an implant, I had the tooth removed and then did nothing for a few years. I recently met Dr. Walton at Queen Street Dental Centre when I agreed to finally have the implant procedure. Dr. Walton was incredibly informative - he explained the procedure to me in great detail and was very reassuring, but never pushy. He tells you what he's about to do before he does it, which is great (and not always common). After the anesthetic needle, I didn't feel a thing as he drilled into bone for the implant. It was also much quicker than I thought. I was given a prescription for antibiotics, extra strength ibuprofen and a special mouthwash - and perhaps most surprising - his email - and encouraged to contact him if I had any questions. The next day he emailed me to see how I was doing! No one believes me when I tell them that - which is think demonstrates the level of care you get from Dr. Walton. Oh - and for both of my appointments he was ready and waiting even before my start time. Just fantastic.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

During a routine checkup a few months ago my dentist advised I needed to see a periodontist regarding a residing gum. Having had a gum graft several years ago I was not excited about the recommendation. I booked my appointment with Dr. Walton despite my reservation. Needless to say, I was a little anxious when I arrived for my appointment. I recall my first experience with the procedure to be uncomfortable, slightly painful and inconvenient. Form the moment I sat down with Dr. Walton it was smooth sailing. The procedure took no more than thirty minutes- which is not at all how I recall my previous experience. Throughout the entire visit Dr Walton made me feel at ease. The procedure was seamless. I had little to no pain or discomfort. Overall a fantastic experience!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016