Dr. Philip Walton

4165611515 View Phone Number

You may also like

Rate Dr. Philip Walton

Dr. Philip Walton's Ratings

I recently had gum surgery, the second such procedure I've had, the first having been done by another periodontist and at least a decade ago. This most recent surgery was so easy, largely I believe because of the knowledge and care Dr. Walton brings to his practice. The procedure was well explained in advance so there were no surprises. The pain management was exemplary, to the point that I really felt no pain from the surgery, just some discomfort for a few days. The follow-up care was great, with Dr. Walton giving me his direct contact information in case I had any concerns or questions - which it turns out I did not. His staff are very friendly and helpful, and appointments were quick, efficient and friendly. My entire experience was so good that I would not hesitate to undergo such treatment again at Dr. Walton's hands if need be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2904968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2015

I can't say enough good things about this experience. I can tell you that I was a little afraid of having all my top teeth pulled and then replaced in the same day.
Dr Walton made me feel at ease from the moment I met him. He provided me with a detailed description of the procedure with expertise, patience and care. His staff was extremely knowledgeable, dedicated to making this a truly wonderful experience. I can also say that it was a completely PAINLESS. Dr Walton called me at home the following day to see how I was doing as did his Amazing nurse Paul.
I would highly recommend Dr Walton if anyone is considering having this type of dental surgery. Get your smile back in a day and keep it for life!!!
Thank you also to all his staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2894252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

My experience with Dr. Walton was a very positive one. When I went in for a gum graft last month, I wasn't sure what to expect and was feeling apprehensive. Dr. Walton answered all of my questions in a kind and reassuring way. During the procedure, he made sure I was comfortable and he gave me a general idea of what he was doing throughout (minus the gory details of course!) One thing I really appreciated was that he gave me a bit of a countdown so that I would know how many more minutes I could expect to be in the chair, and I found that this made the whole thing go much more quickly than I had anticipated. Afterwards I was given printed instructions for how to take care of myself, and the healing went really well. I appreciated the email Dr. Walton sent me two days after the procedure to see how things were going, and also the fact that the office had been accommodating when I had needed to reschedule the procedure on fairly short notice due to childcare issues. In all, I was very impressed with Dr. Walton and his team, and I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2883586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2015

I give this guy my highest 5P rating: painless, pleasant, proficient, punctual periodontist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Philip Walton: A doctor in a million, knowlegeable, gentle, patient with a great bedside manner to boot! I highly recommend him cause he's truly awesome!
About 2 years ago, my dentist advised that I needed a molar extraction because I'd cracked its root. He also suggested that once the wound had healed, I'd be able to have an implant! I was mortified! I was so apprehensive to lose my tooth that I delayed having the procedure until there was no alternative - I got a huge abscess and my bone began to atrophy!
I met Dr Walton in my dentist's office. I had the extraction and bone graft with a local anaesthetic which took all of about 30 minutes. Dr Walton was so gentle that I have to admit that the procedure was PAIN FREE! He spoke to me continuously always making sure that I was comfortable. Within 3 hours of the procedure, the swelling from the injections had worn away. I took Ibuprofen as suggested but realized I didn't really need it! I was pain free!!
I am now looking forward to having my implant done in a few months time and know that there is only one doctor for me and that is Dr. Walton.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2857809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I can’t speak highly enough about Dr. Phil Walton.

My dentist had been recommending gum grafting for over 7 years now. I was very nervous about the procedure, but went ahead and met with their periodontist. I wasn’t at all comfortable with him. I did my research and had many questions. He made me very uncomfortable, rushed through my questions, etc. Both he and my dentist wanted me to use my own tissue. The only reason they gave me was that it provides better results. There was no discussion about the pros and cons given my personal situation (e.g. area of gum that needed grafting, the fact that my gums aren’t visible when I talk or smile, etc.).

I finally bit the bullet and decided to find a periodontist on my own. I came across Dr. Walton on rate MD. The reviews were very detailed and positive, and when I saw he worked in an office that was convenient to me, I had nothing to lose by booking a consult.

I felt at ease the moment I walked in. Everyone was friendly, approachable, and very helpful. Dr. Walton listened to me and took the time to go over all my options and discuss the pros and cons so that I could make an informed decision. I was more than nervous the day of the procedure, and he had no issue with adjusting my treating and adding nitrous oxide (laughing gas) even though we hadn't planned on it. The procedure went smoothly and was pain free. He followed up with me after and was very patient with all my emails and questions.

Shane was great assisting me with my claim issues. He never got frustrated and was very helpful. My procedure was Friday and I was told I would likely be back to work Tuesday, maybe even the Monday. I was off for an entire week. It would have been helpful if I could have been prepared for the longer recovery, then again, probably better that I didn't know what I was really in for ... I still remember being shocked when I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror, and even more so when the my face continued to swell for the next 3 days ;)

Dr. Walton cautioned me that using alloderm wouldn't produce the same results as using my own tissue so I had realistic expectations. This was good. In the end, we both agreed the results were better than expected, even fabulous. I couldn't be more pleased!

I can't say enough about Dr. Walton, his work, and staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. He has a patient for life! Although hopefully, only for checkups and no more procedures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

After not seeing a dentist of any kind for over 25 years due to an extremely high level of anxiety, I earned myself advanced gum disease that unfortunately required surgery. I will always carry some level of anxiety visiting doctors and dentists, but Dr. Walton helped drastically reduce my fears. The procedure went exactly as he said, he asked how I was doing throughout, while notifying me of successful milestones being met surgically and about how much time was left. In the procedure. I was pleasantly shocked when he said it was over. I healed in the time frame he said I would, but the topper was that he e-mailed me on the weekend to see how my recovery was going the next day. Now that's service!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2848148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Absolutely excellent periodontist. Excellent bedside manner and explaining everything in detail before he does anything. His staff were excellent and I have had a fabulous outcome.... I would not hesitate a minute to give Dr. Walton 10 stars and refer anyone who wants the best in Toronto in their mouth!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2840129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I'd heard horror stories about gum grafting...but recently had it done by Dr Walton and was totally surprised. Almost no pain after the procedure- healed well with no issues. Would encourage anyone who needs the procedure to see Dr Walton.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2836302].votes_count ]]