Ratings for Dr. Philip Walton

I came in with an infected molar misdiagnosed for months by my dentist. Dr. Walton asked me to stay after my first consult so he could personally extract the tooth, clean the gums and start to heal and regrow the missing bone.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

This is my second gum graft with Dr Walton and I tracked him down because he did such a great job last time. I would agree with the other positive reviews. He is excellent.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Surprisingly nervous before my implant procedure, I found Dr. Walton, Dr. Vickie Sugerman and their staff at the Queen Street Dental Clinic to be calming, reassuring and expert in my treatment. I expected pain, swelling and bleeding as outcomes and experienced none of the above. The implant procedure was quick and painless and felt remarkably routine. Though I was prescribed effective pain-killing drugs, I really didn't need them after 24 hours. Not that I'd want to do this regularly but would definitely return to Dr. Walton for any other periodontic needs. Both he and Dr. Sugerman followed up with emails a couple of days later, inquiring about my progress and I can't recall that happening with any other medical professionals in my personal experience.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Walton performed my gum grafting surgery two and a half weeks ago and I am beyond satisfied with the care I received. He explained everything in detail when I had my consult with him so I knew exactly what to expect. On the day of surgery, he was all set up and ready to go when I arrived in the room so it was a matter of just a few minutes between the time I walked in, signed the consent form and he started the surgery. I really appreciated this because I didn't have time to get nervous. The surgery was painless and I didn't even feel the local anesthetic needle going in. He performed the surgery very efficiently and smoothly and afterward explained all the postoperative instructions. I got the impression that he genuinely cares about the well-being of his patients. After the local anesthetic wore off, there was very little pain. I was advised to take the prescribed Advil for 24 hours after surgery (this is important because if you wait until the pain gets unbearable then it's harder to treat) and then after that if I had pain. I really didn't have much pain but I had some minor swelling so I continued talking the Advil for a few days after surgery. The only downside to the procedure is a soft diet is required for a week after surgery but I found lots of foods that I could eat (pasta, eggs, rice and ground meat) so even that wasn't so bad. Within a few days after the surgery, I could already feel the benefits was was glad I had it done. My gums had receded to the point the roots were exposed which caused pain even when I drank room temperature liquids. I no longer have tooth sensitivity in those areas. I have heard people say that gum grafting is painful. This certainly was not my experience and if you need it done, I would definitely recommend Dr. Walton.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I considered myself lucky to have had gum grafting done by Dr. Walton. He is not only an incredibly skilled dental surgeon, but also a pleasure to deal with. On time, prepared for any nerves you might feel. He lets you know what he is doing as the session progresses. At the end of the procedure he hands you a bag with everything you need, gauze, information, prescriptions and a contact number. AND he follows up with you to make sure all is well. Everyone who works is in the "customer service" business but not everyone takes that part of their job seriously. Dr. Walton is impressive. He has the best ratings possible, and he has earned them!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

after being told by my dentist for years that i needed to remove all of my teeth.. i realized i had to face this harsh reality. i was sent to a surgeon of my dentists choice but didn't feel a connection with this gentleman. to think i found myself scowering the internet for an implant surgeon was a tad scary but proved to be effective after all. i used this site and actually decided to book consultations with the "top few periodontist" on ratemd. i will not mention the other names of the surgeons i visited but the meeting with dr walton and his office far surpassed any of the others. it was easy to see how truly genuine, compassionate and caring he was relative to those i had met in my implant travels. whats more - his plan involved having my teeth out and implants and new teeth all in the same day. this was something the other surgeons frowned upon yet worked remarkably well and i still can't understand how someone could bare being in a denture for months instead of this same day process. the reason im writing this review is to save others like myself the hassle of reading multiple periodontists testimonials and attending numerous consultations only to arrive at my conclusion - dr walton is the best.... of the best :)

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I've had some bad experiences in the past with dentists, so when I was told I'd need to have an implant, I had the tooth removed and then did nothing for a few years. I recently met Dr. Walton at Queen Street Dental Centre when I agreed to finally have the implant procedure. Dr. Walton was incredibly informative - he explained the procedure to me in great detail and was very reassuring, but never pushy. He tells you what he's about to do before he does it, which is great (and not always common). After the anesthetic needle, I didn't feel a thing as he drilled into bone for the implant. It was also much quicker than I thought. I was given a prescription for antibiotics, extra strength ibuprofen and a special mouthwash - and perhaps most surprising - his email - and encouraged to contact him if I had any questions. The next day he emailed me to see how I was doing! No one believes me when I tell them that - which is think demonstrates the level of care you get from Dr. Walton. Oh - and for both of my appointments he was ready and waiting even before my start time. Just fantastic.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

During a routine checkup a few months ago my dentist advised I needed to see a periodontist regarding a residing gum. Having had a gum graft several years ago I was not excited about the recommendation. I booked my appointment with Dr. Walton despite my reservation. Needless to say, I was a little anxious when I arrived for my appointment. I recall my first experience with the procedure to be uncomfortable, slightly painful and inconvenient. Form the moment I sat down with Dr. Walton it was smooth sailing. The procedure took no more than thirty minutes- which is not at all how I recall my previous experience. Throughout the entire visit Dr Walton made me feel at ease. The procedure was seamless. I had little to no pain or discomfort. Overall a fantastic experience!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

In Dec 2014 Dr. Philip Walton performed an All on Four Dental Implants procedure on my upper jaw, after removing eight (very loose) teeth, all in one sitting and with absolutely no pain. Before meeting Dr. Walton, I was looking for implant solution for my problems for several years and talked to several dentists, but was always discouraged by their hard sales approach, with very little actual information and details of the procedure and expected results. I found Dr. Walton online and based on his reviews, decided to contact him. He was very approachable, professional and courteous, answered all my questions and offered very detailed explanation of the entire procedure and expected results. He was very dedicated, patient and helpful before, during and after the procedure. He conducted the procedure itself flawlessly, leading me and explaining what he was doing along the way and overall making me feel completely comfortable - regardless of the complexity of the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Walton to everyone who qualifies for this kind of procedure. In retrospect: implant solutions that I was offered by other dentists, who I met before Dr. Walton, would have been much more extensive (and expensive!) than both necessary and appropriate, would have lasted much longer to complete and still would not have been the best solution for my specific condition. By meeting and going along with Dr. Walton, I have received the best possible solution for my specific dental condition, in minimum necessary time and for the most reasonable price.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Walton performed an implant that required the removal of a tooth and subsequent placing of an implant in that area. He suggested in our consultation that this procedure would all be done at the same time. As this was my first implant, I didn't understand how the tooth could be removed and the implant inserted at the same time. The doctor assured me that this is a standard process. He suggested that the procedure would take no longer than one hour, and that there would be a recovery period of approximately 3-5 days. To my surprise, the procedure took only 30 minutes and, before I left the office, he had reviewed with me all of the necessary steps to be taken to ensure complete and rapid recovery. He was very specific regarding the medication which would assist in the healing and suggested that, if followed, I should experience no difficulties. I was delighted that, during the recovery, I experienced absolutely NO PAIN either from the procedure itself, or at the anesthetic injection site. This is a tribute to both his skills and the care he takes in communicating all necessary information to his patients. While the implant process has a reputation of being painful and complicated, this was absolutely not my experience with Dr. Walton. I cannot recommend him highly enough for anyone who requires periodontic treatment.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015