You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Philip Walton

During a routine checkup a few months ago my dentist advised I needed to see a periodontist regarding a residing gum. Having had a gum graft several years ago I was not excited about the recommendation. I booked my appointment with Dr. Walton despite my reservation. Needless to say, I was a little anxious when I arrived for my appointment. I recall my first experience with the procedure to be uncomfortable, slightly painful and inconvenient. Form the moment I sat down with Dr. Walton it was smooth sailing. The procedure took no more than thirty minutes- which is not at all how I recall my previous experience. Throughout the entire visit Dr Walton made me feel at ease. The procedure was seamless. I had little to no pain or discomfort. Overall a fantastic experience!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

In Dec 2014 Dr. Philip Walton performed an All on Four Dental Implants procedure on my upper jaw, after removing eight (very loose) teeth, all in one sitting and with absolutely no pain. Before meeting Dr. Walton, I was looking for implant solution for my problems for several years and talked to several dentists, but was always discouraged by their hard sales approach, with very little actual information and details of the procedure and expected results. I found Dr. Walton online and based on his reviews, decided to contact him. He was very approachable, professional and courteous, answered all my questions and offered very detailed explanation of the entire procedure and expected results. He was very dedicated, patient and helpful before, during and after the procedure. He conducted the procedure itself flawlessly, leading me and explaining what he was doing along the way and overall making me feel completely comfortable - regardless of the complexity of the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Walton to everyone who qualifies for this kind of procedure. In retrospect: implant solutions that I was offered by other dentists, who I met before Dr. Walton, would have been much more extensive (and expensive!) than both necessary and appropriate, would have lasted much longer to complete and still would not have been the best solution for my specific condition. By meeting and going along with Dr. Walton, I have received the best possible solution for my specific dental condition, in minimum necessary time and for the most reasonable price.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Walton performed an implant that required the removal of a tooth and subsequent placing of an implant in that area. He suggested in our consultation that this procedure would all be done at the same time. As this was my first implant, I didn't understand how the tooth could be removed and the implant inserted at the same time. The doctor assured me that this is a standard process. He suggested that the procedure would take no longer than one hour, and that there would be a recovery period of approximately 3-5 days. To my surprise, the procedure took only 30 minutes and, before I left the office, he had reviewed with me all of the necessary steps to be taken to ensure complete and rapid recovery. He was very specific regarding the medication which would assist in the healing and suggested that, if followed, I should experience no difficulties. I was delighted that, during the recovery, I experienced absolutely NO PAIN either from the procedure itself, or at the anesthetic injection site. This is a tribute to both his skills and the care he takes in communicating all necessary information to his patients. While the implant process has a reputation of being painful and complicated, this was absolutely not my experience with Dr. Walton. I cannot recommend him highly enough for anyone who requires periodontic treatment.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

I recently had gum grafting performed by Dr. Philip Walton, periodontist. It was a first time experience for me, so I was a little apprehensive because I am diabetic. Prior to the procedure, I had a consultation with Dr. Walton during which he detailed the steps he will be taking on the day of the surgery. I was impressed by Dr. Walton’s dexterity and ease at this task. During this procedure, he continuously inquired about my well-being. When, after approximately thirty minutes, he told me that he had completed the surgery, I could not believe it. I did not feel any pain or discomfort. I wondered how he could have done it in such a short time as if it were no big deal. He thoroughly explained to me the post-surgery precautions to take. He also handed to me a detailed list of what I should be doing. The following day, Dr. Walton sent me an e-mail to check on me. He also had a member of his wonderful staff call me to ensure that I was comfortable. During the next few days, he again sent me an e-mail reinforcing his instructions. He said that I could contact him at any time by phone or e-mail if I had any concerns. It is obvious to me that Dr. Walton is very dedicated to his profession and that he is a perfectionist. I praised Dr. Walton to my dentist who had recommended him to me. I learned that Dr. Walton was the first of his class of Dentistry at the University of Toronto and that he is a Harvard Graduate in Periodontics. I am absolutely in awe of Dr. Walton’s achievements at such a young age. He is an outstanding periodontist and I am grateful that my care has been entrusted to the best! I was not supposed to peek at the gum graft but I did it once. The results are simply remarkable. There used to be a large gap (5 mm) between the gum and the crown covering a molar. The gap has now been completely covered. Since my surgery, I have not stopped praising Dr. Walton to my family members and friends. Now everyone wants to meet Dr. Philip Walton!!! I want to thank very much Dr. Walton and his staff at the Chrysalis Dental Centre, located at 4576 Yonge Street, Suite 100 in Toronto. If any patients wish to see proof of Dr. Walton’s perfect work, I volunteer to come to his office and show it to them.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

i can only smile as i read the other reviews on this site because they so closely resonate my experience and feelings. i wont get into nearly the detail of the below individuals but highly encourage anyone in need of gum surgery or dental implants (i had both:), of seeing dr walton. at the very least - have a read of the testimonials as they are accurate to a t!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I recently had gum surgery, the second such procedure I've had, the first having been done by another periodontist and at least a decade ago. This most recent surgery was so easy, largely I believe because of the knowledge and care Dr. Walton brings to his practice. The procedure was well explained in advance so there were no surprises. The pain management was exemplary, to the point that I really felt no pain from the surgery, just some discomfort for a few days. The follow-up care was great, with Dr. Walton giving me his direct contact information in case I had any concerns or questions - which it turns out I did not. His staff are very friendly and helpful, and appointments were quick, efficient and friendly. My entire experience was so good that I would not hesitate to undergo such treatment again at Dr. Walton's hands if need be.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I can't say enough good things about this experience. I can tell you that I was a little afraid of having all my top teeth pulled and then replaced in the same day. Dr Walton made me feel at ease from the moment I met him. He provided me with a detailed description of the procedure with expertise, patience and care. His staff was extremely knowledgeable, dedicated to making this a truly wonderful experience. I can also say that it was a completely PAINLESS. Dr Walton called me at home the following day to see how I was doing as did his Amazing nurse Paul. I would highly recommend Dr Walton if anyone is considering having this type of dental surgery. Get your smile back in a day and keep it for life!!! Thank you also to all his staff!

Submitted August 13, 2015

My experience with Dr. Walton was a very positive one. When I went in for a gum graft last month, I wasn't sure what to expect and was feeling apprehensive. Dr. Walton answered all of my questions in a kind and reassuring way. During the procedure, he made sure I was comfortable and he gave me a general idea of what he was doing throughout (minus the gory details of course!) One thing I really appreciated was that he gave me a bit of a countdown so that I would know how many more minutes I could expect to be in the chair, and I found that this made the whole thing go much more quickly than I had anticipated. Afterwards I was given printed instructions for how to take care of myself, and the healing went really well. I appreciated the email Dr. Walton sent me two days after the procedure to see how things were going, and also the fact that the office had been accommodating when I had needed to reschedule the procedure on fairly short notice due to childcare issues. In all, I was very impressed with Dr. Walton and his team, and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Philip Walton: A doctor in a million, knowlegeable, gentle, patient with a great bedside manner to boot! I highly recommend him cause he's truly awesome! About 2 years ago, my dentist advised that I needed a molar extraction because I'd cracked its root. He also suggested that once the wound had healed, I'd be able to have an implant! I was mortified! I was so apprehensive to lose my tooth that I delayed having the procedure until there was no alternative - I got a huge abscess and my bone began to atrophy! I met Dr Walton in my dentist's office. I had the extraction and bone graft with a local anaesthetic which took all of about 30 minutes. Dr Walton was so gentle that I have to admit that the procedure was PAIN FREE! He spoke to me continuously always making sure that I was comfortable. Within 3 hours of the procedure, the swelling from the injections had worn away. I took Ibuprofen as suggested but realized I didn't really need it! I was pain free!! I am now looking forward to having my implant done in a few months time and know that there is only one doctor for me and that is Dr. Walton.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Philip Walton's Credentials

• Harvard

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "During a routine checkup a few months ago my dentist advised I needed to see a periodontist regarding a residing gum. Having had a gum graft several years ago ..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In Dec 2014 Dr. Philip Walton performed an All on Four Dental Implants procedure on my upper jaw, after removing eight (very loose) teeth, all in one sitting an..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Walton performed an implant that required the removal of a tooth and subsequent placing of an implant in that area. He suggested in our consultation that th..."

December 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had gum grafting performed by Dr. Philip Walton, periodontist. It was a first time experience for me, so I was a little apprehensive because I am di..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i can only smile as i read the other reviews on this site because they so closely resonate my experience and feelings. i wont get into nearly the detail of the ..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had gum surgery, the second such procedure I've had, the first having been done by another periodontist and at least a decade ago. This most recent ..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I can't say enough good things about this experience. I can tell you that I was a little afraid of having all my top teeth pulled and then replaced in the same..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Walton was a very positive one. When I went in for a gum graft last month, I wasn't sure what to expect and was feeling apprehensive. Dr...."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I give this guy my highest 5P rating: painless, pleasant, proficient, punctual periodontist. "

July 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Philip Walton: A doctor in a million, knowlegeable, gentle, patient with a great bedside manner to boot! I highly recommend him cause he's truly awesome! ..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can’t speak highly enough about Dr. Phil Walton. My dentist had been recommending gum grafting for over 7 years now. I was very nervous about the procedure,..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After not seeing a dentist of any kind for over 25 years due to an extremely high level of anxiety, I earned myself advanced gum disease that unfortunately req..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very good. Very g..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely excellent periodontist. Excellent bedside manner and explaining everything in detail before he does anything. His staff were excellent and I have h..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'd heard horror stories about gum grafting...but recently had it done by Dr Walton and was totally surprised. Almost no pain after the procedure- healed well w..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very clear in describing exactly what he was going to do. Very gentle, patient, and responsive to any questions and concerns I had. Excellent doctor, I had a gr..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "if you think going to the dentist is daunting... imagine being told that you need all of your teeth out. although this didn't come as a major surprise given the..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recently had gum grafting done by Dr. Walton. The procedure was quick, painless and completely professional. The recovery went well, only taking about 7-10 days..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am still not sure how it is even possible that someone would consider seeing a surgeon who tells them they need to have multiple surgeries and bone grafting p..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had gum grafting done - under the care of Dr. Phil Walton. Although I was very nervous going into the surgery - as I had heard horror stories about ..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Walton is an excellent periodontist. He recently completed my gum grafting surgery. I went into the procedure pretty nervous, but he is very calming and e..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Walton recently completed my tooth implant surgery. I am very happy to report, that the outcome was EXACTLY the way he told me it would be. I thought it was ..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Walton recently completed my gum grafting procedure. I jumped into this procedure based on a "leap of faith" - I did no independent research on this procedu..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i just completed my care with dr walton and i not only want to thank him and his team - but also this site... when i was told i needed dental implants and was ..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My story differs slightly than many I have read on this site but still has the same essence... that dr walton is a unique, gifted and talented surgeon and diagn..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Walton is great!!! I saw him for some gum grafts recently and had a totally positive experience. He explains clearly what he is going to do, and has excell..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Walton to be extremely knowledgeable and talented with 'magic' hands. The procedure he performed for me was much less painful then I expected from ..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is number one doctor in all ways. He did an implant in split of seconds without feeling any pressure or pain. I had an implant before for the same tooth with..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Walton for two implants. I had some anxiety about the procedure as I have had previous experience with an implant with a prior dentist. Dr. Wa..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Walton for a tooth extraction and bone grafting in preparation for an implant. I use the word, pleasure, which I woul..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "whoever said that getting gum surgery done is painful has obviously never been to dr walton. i had the misfortune/pleasure of having to see dr walton for an arr..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Walton a couple months ago after my dentist told me I needed my third implant!! I was a bit anxious as the previous procedures..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "its comforting to see that in todays day and age where the trend has moved toward doctors spending less time with their patients and attending to questions and ..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i cant even begin to express my sincere thanks to dr walton and his staff. what is most amazing to me is how long i put off necessary treatment out of fear whe..."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had an implant done on my molar with Dr. Walton @ Empress Walk Dental Practice. My experience with him & his staff was great. I was kind of nervous abou..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Walton by googling 'Best Periodontist in Toronto' and I would like to say that google is not wrong! I had an implant and temp crown done in the same..."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Walton takes the anxiety out of dentistry by being professional, caring, gentle and competent. His step by step commentary before, during and after was/is ve..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a damaged molar removed and replaced with an implant. The full procedure, from the day the cracked molar was removed until the actual crown was i..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently visited Dr. Walton to inquire about a procedure called Gum Depigmentation. This treatment is to remove dark areas of the gum and reveal the natural p..."

October 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Walton did gum grafting for me in 3 spots in my mouth (my two front eye teeth and one back molar), where the gum line had been gradually receding since havi..."

October 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Before I was referred to Dr. Walton, I had talked to another periodontist about having a gum graft procedure. I had left the appointment with the other periodon..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Walton did a fantastic job with a gum graft on four of my lower front teeth at the Queen Street Dental Centre location. The procedure lasted about 30 minu..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Walton did a fantastic job with a gum graft on four of my lower front teeth at the Queen Street Dental Centre location. The procedure took less than 30 mi..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In the past year I had to consider having implant surgery and decided to look on line at various clinics and to read the testimonials from their patients. It wa..."

September 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently saw dr walton after having been told by my dentist that i would need to lose all of my teeth. initially i was referred by my dentist to the surgeon/p..."

September 8, 2014