Ratings for Dr. Michael T. Cerefin

I write this on behalf of my 75 year old mom who won't say something bad about anyone. She recently went through an experience about which I heard second hand as she shared with me. She had been seeing Dr. Cerefin for several weeks for her neck with great results. She had said several times how much the treatment was helping. I was so glad she was getting relief. She tends to just take pain and not spend time or money on treatment. The last visit with Dr. Cerefin started and ended with her feeling small and scolded and hurt. She apparently took a call on her cell phone is the waiting room of the chiropractic practice. Dr. Cerefin spoke harshly telling her she was rude. He told her she treated him rudely, his staff rudely, and the other patients rudely. He also chose to make this her last appointment saying she was not to come back. I wondered what on earth she could have done to deserve this. She's a pretty sweet lady and all too non-confrontational to ever be rude or to hurt anyone on purpose. I work in an orthopedic office here in Charlotte as a hand specialist. I treat all ages but have an aging population as well due to the prevalence arthritis issues in this population . Generally they don't understand cell phone discretion very well and talk on their phones at inappropriate times. I will generally overlook this or gently ask if they can take their call outside and that I don't mean to offend them etc. Always they are more than obliging and apologetic. Never would I ever call a patient a name especially an older 75 year old woman or man. That would just be bullying and overpowering, and frankly, poor clinical etiquette at the very least. If in fact, how my mom was treated is Dr. Cerefin's manner in handling odd or undesirable behavior in the elderly, I would think twice about ever sending him a patient no matter how stellar his chiropractic skills. There are literally thousands to chose from. I would recommend searching google for someone else.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Responded to a newspaper ad promising low introductory fee. Have a back issue and thought it couldn't hurt to at least try. I approached this with an open mind and the realization that it might not help. Long story short,,,,$323.00 dollars later no results. I don't fault Dr. Cerefin for this. What gnaws at me is the general lack of concern and attention on his part. Any attempt to ask questions or gain advice were perceived as an inconvenience that took time away from his next patient. Each session was less than five minutes. I'm very disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr. Cerefin is the greatest. He won't touch you without doing an x-ray. He'll adjust whatever needs adjusted, and do another x-ray later down the road and actually show you how you've improved. His staff is really friendly. Good office hours. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be seen.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011