Ratings for Dr. Maryam Aroichane

I was referred to Dr.Airochane after I had double vision and she was with me every step of the way. Got me referred to a neurologist after she found my optic nerves were swollen and sent me right to the hospital. This happened a year ago, and she is the only doctor that has continuously seen me to make sure I am still making progress and that I'm okay. I would recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Excellent dr full of knowledge experience and very caring.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Aroichane has been helpful and CONSTANT, which is huge when it comes to your vision. I appreciate that I was able to see her monthly regarding my vision. The wait times in the office are hit and miss. She is very busy and I take that as a good sign. She is a straight to the point Doctor but still has compassion for her patients well being. I would recommend Dr Aorichane to other patients.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I have now seen this Dr 5 times, and she has yet to actually do anything. I come in, they do eye tests, color test, acuity tests, and....nothing. They make another appointment and I go through the same routine again. She keeps saying I need different glasses....well prescribe them already! Don't even get me started about the wait time. Never less than an hour, and you can see them in the back having coffee/lunch and chatting. The last time I was there, there were so many people waiting in the waiting room that there was no chairs to sit on, and believe me there's lots of chairs. I sincerely wish I could see a different doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Disputes all the negative reviews about how late she runs I was highly impressed ! We only waited 15 minutes and in my experience that is record time for a specialist as we have waited up to 2 hours for other Drs in the past! She had great bedside manner, and was great with my daughter! She was efficient and helped move the treatment forward in a way that none of our other specialists have! People that have negative reviews must not have had a sick child or experienced other specialists before ! She was great!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

In my experience with Dr. Maryam Aroichane She's a amazing Doctor and very considerate.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I was refered from RCH Emergency after my sone had a fall that ended up causing a lazy eye. The waiting room was packed, with limited to no seating available. The receptionist did not want to comment on wait times and when questioned by myself and other parents she would not provide any information until pressed. I had to ask her if we could take my 4 year old for lunch (4 hours after we left for hospital) until she finally told me the wait would be over an hour. Finally we were examined by someone who didn't intruduce herself before we saw the doctor. It was a little rushed, but Dr. Aroichane was polite and seemed quite knowledgable. I feel that she withheld some information about my son's condition as she discovered other issues that are likely not related to the fall and will be ongoing but she didn't explain that part. That being said, I would reccomend her for your child and will take both my kids back, just with the knowledge that it will be rough until we see her directly.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

because of this Dr our sons eyesight has gotten better. even though our original eye doctor said his lazy eye would never get better. a wait is well worth seeing your child improve.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

Top notch, knows her stuff, extremely conscientious and skilled. She saw our daughter at Childrens and at her Burnaby office. Staff at both clinics are excellent. Our daughter has healed from her serious eye injury, thankfully due to the skill, knowledge and care of Dr. Aroichane and her colleagues at Childrens'. Our daughter loves Dr. Aroichane and keeps asking when we get to go back to see her :) We did have to wait a bit in her clinic, but the wait is worth it and nothing out of the ordinary for any specialists I have seen in the past.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr Aroichane is awesome. Yes it is true that you can expect to wait. Seems like 15 to 30 minutes is normal for this office. I believe the wait is worth it, since she is very skilled.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014