Ratings for Dr. William T Avara

DR. AVARA IS THE BEST DOCTOR EVER. I WENT TO DR. A TO HAVE GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY. HE TOLD ME STRAIGHT UP NO I WASNT A GOOD CANIDATE FOR THE SURGERY B/C OF A PREVIOUSLY SURGERY I HAD ON MY ESPHAUGUS. AFTER A YEAR OF BEGGING, PLEADING & CRYING HE AGREED TO DO THE LAP-BAND BUT HE ALSO WARNED ME THAT IT DEPENDED ON WHAT HE SEEN ONCE HE OPENED ME UP IF HE WOULD PRECEED WITH THE LAP-BAND. NEEDLESSLY TO SAY DR. A WAS RIGHT AND HE DIDNT DO THE LAP BAND B/C IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS AS WELL. HOWEVER, INSTEAD DR.A SPENT 8HRS FIXING A BOTCHED UP JOB ON MY ESPHAUGUS DONE BY ANOTHER LOCAL SURGEON. DR.AVARA TOLD ME THAT THE DECISION HE MADE ON ME IS THE SAME 1 HE WOULD HAVE MADE ON HIS MOTHER, WIFE OR DAUGHTER IF THEY WAS IN MY SITUATION. I STAYED IN THE HOSPITAL 31 DAYS AND THE HEAD NURSE ON THE FLOOR TOLD ME I WAS SO LUCKY DR. AVARA WAS MY DOC B/C ANY OTHER DOC WOULD'VE DONE THE LAP-BAND & SENT ME HOME THAT DAY.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Exellent surgeon...Help me get through a rough time...Has a great sense of humor but is very professional...I would recommend him to any of my family or friends.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Very pleasant experience. Would highly recommend to others!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

Very caring Staff. Excellent Dr., tells it like it is and make you very comfortable. Surgery was a breeze compared to what I was expecting.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2006

Dr. William T Avara's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Pascagoula, MS