Ratings for Dr. Matthias Dahlmanns

He is punctual, but this is his only quality. This doctor failed to diagnose my pneumonia, he sent me home with a list of old folks remedies (tea, gargle, etc) and no further investigation. It took a walk-in clinic to request an x-ray and to prescribe the proper treatment. I do not think he has any kind of empathy, and I will no longer be his patient.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Excellent Dr. very insightful , with common sense, Excellent listener , provides good feedback trying to be helpful to the patient. Has helped me through a variety of concerns over the past several years with positive results. Very lucky to have Dr Dhalmanns working in our B.C. med system.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Absolutely the worst Doctor I have ever dealth with. This Doctor is a complete dud. He has no common sense whatsover. The bottom line to this is that I left his clinic without any prescpriptions to cure my sickness. I will never ever reccomend this type of follow the book, lack of personable touch Dr.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Absolutely the worst. Cold, rude and very condescending are just a few of the ways I would describe this guy. I once went into his office and he looked me in the eye and said that my symptoms were all in my head and there was nothing wrong with me. After seeing another doctor turned out I had a fairly serious auto immune condition. The final straw was when he refused to see me as my family doctor anymore for no reason other than I hadn't sen him in a while. Worst doctor. Worst Staff. Avoid this guy at all costs unless you want to be treated by a guy who has little to no compassion. It's doctors and clinics like this that embody the negative issues that plague our medical system

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Dahlmanns is a wonderful doctor; knowledgeable, empathetic, respectful, engaging, and practical. Never have I had a doctor that is so punctual and respectful of his patients' time. He has seen me through an array of ailments from a simple nose bleed to a serious bone infection, heart disease and prostate cancer. In all, his diagnosis has been accurate and his referral and treatment have been proactive and effective. He treats all ailments seriously and respectfully. He is quick to refer to specialists if needed and although he may have some preferred ones, will refer willingly to others at the patient's request. His staff are very helpful, pleasant and have a great sense of humour. I feel fortunate to have Dr Dahlmanns as my Dr. and as well at Seymour clinic which finally seems to be back to its former glory!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Dahlmanns was my family doctor for 3 years and the only reason I stayed with him for that long was because I lived a block away from his office. I rarely find him helpful. He is cold and I always leave feeling like I had just wasted my time. Never remembers anything about my medical history when I go to see him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have seen him a few times now. He does tend to be non-aggressive with treatment and prefers a more holistic approach, which I generally agree with. However sometimes things, like an infected finger, need to be treated more aggressively early on. Is quite knowledgeable in some areas, not so in others. However, is willing to help book me into specialists to get my issues looked at. I will continue to see him, as his manner is good, and he is genuinely interested in trying to resolve whatever problem might present to gim

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

This guy has been my GP for a couple of years. While I agree with some of the comments here that he can be rushed and preoccupied, (He is a young doctor in a busy, demanding profession.) he is above all quite caring, and he got several complex diagnoses and treatment plans spot on. He uses holistic interventions, too, which I find helpful as it reminds me that he sees patients as whole people and not ailments. He is warm, always greets me with a genuine smile. Sure doctors make mistakes, but they are people. Science isn't perfect. The best doctors get things wrong. Dr. Matthias isn't perfect, but he's genuine, intuitive and I feel like I have an ally.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Was not up to date with my file before I saw him, spent too much time going over old history and then rushed when it came to dealing with why I was there. Bad beside manner, abrupt and arogant

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

I saw Dr. Dalmanns following a terrible experience with a doctor at the Crossroad Walk-in Clinic two days earlier. I had swollen legs and frozen right arm 4 days after having C-section. I went to the walk-in clinic to check for potential blood clots at the urge of the health nurse. But the doctor at Crossroad clinic basically told me:" What the h... do you see me for if you have swollen legs after C-section. Why did you not go to the ER instead?". He listened to my lungs and said they sounded OK. I saw Dr. Dahlmanns at Seymour Medical Clinic for a second opinion. He listened attentively to my medical history from the uneventful pregnancy to the smooth delivery and the all clear discharged from BC Women two days after the C-section. He did a thorough examination but could not come up with a definite diagnosis for the then symptoms. Yet, he wrote a detailed note and asked me to go to the ER to have them checked out. I was admitted to VGH that very night. I am lucky to be alive now.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014