Dr. Zaki Shullaih

5 1 4.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. Zaki Shullaih

Dr. Zaki Shullaih's Ratings

Sydney was lucky to have had a talented and caring professional like Dr Shullaih practicing here. It is hard enough to understand the logic behind sending an obviously qualified psychiastrist to university to take courses, but to refuse his offer to come to Sydney on Saturdays to treat patients is mind boggling. With no plan in place for Dr. Shullaih's patients and another psychiatrist having left, I would thing they would have gladly accepted the offer. Obviously patient care is not a priority in this province. They even found a way to cut short the time Dr. Shullaih had with his patients so when I went to his office yesterday afternoon for my last appointment for more than a year, I was greeted with his office being packed and news that he was gone - quite upsetting and I guess like the rest of his patients I'm trying to figure out what to do for the next year.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2852306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Our Mental Health system is just not working!!! Today we now have 300 to 600 patients without the wonderful care of Dr. Shullaih . Where do these ppl go? Does the province even care? If it ain't broke then why fix it? Dr. Shullaih has been my psychiatrist for 6 yrs now . I came to him a broken woman and after 6 yrs under his care I can now lead a better life. Why is the province not letting him practise on weekends when he is not in school? He volunteered to do this for his patients because obviously he has more concern and compassion then the province does. I think mental health is critical in Cape Breton and now we are losing him and also Dr. Lawal?? What kind of plan does the province have in place to replace these doctors? As of right now If I have a crisis I would have to go to emerg and be seen by a social worker who will in turn decide if I need to see a psychiatrist. Isn't that a little backwards??? Shouldn't it be the other way around?? Shame on the powers that be for doing this to a man who gives you his full attention and truly cares what happens to you. We will be lucky if Dr. Shullaih returns after his year in school with the way he has been treated.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2833789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Shullaih has been a great help to both myself and my wife. He is caring, compassionate and treats you like a person, rather than a paycheck. The province is now making him shut down his practice and go to Dalhousie for a year before they will let him practice. (he was fine practicing when we had our own health board for Cape Breton) This is not acceptable. The province has no plan as to how his 300 to 600 patients are going to get treatment. The Regional Hospital cannot handle these people and have a lack of doctors and other psychiatrists are not taking any more patients. Also another psychiatrist is leaving the area soon. Dr. Shullaih even offered to come to Sydney on Sat. to look after more critical patients, but the province won't allow him. Are we going to continue to be treated this way by the health dept. Please write to the Minister of health complaining against the removal of Dr. Shullaih from our health sysyem and his patients being treated in this disgusting manner.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2832181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I miss him and wish he was still practicing in the Sydney area, because he helped me a lot.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2823684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Excellent treatment and services. As an advocate I strongly recommend Dr Shullaih's treatment for any individual diagnosed with PTSD !!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2812089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr Zaki Shullaih is the most amazing doctor ever. He is so kind and caring the now's how to treat me great:) He is very professional and knows what he is doing. Anything i ask him he knows the answer to , Very well mannered and such a great Dr to be able to talk to about anything . He and his secretary are kind and caring and could not ask for better people . Just love this doctor he is great .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2805350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Shullaih for several years now. He is a fantastic psychiatrist and is very knowledge. He is a great deal of understanding and is very easy to talk to. He has been a very big help to me for treating my anxiety and depression disorder. I would highly recommend him to anyone who suffers from any type of mental health disorder

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2594093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

Dr. Shullaih is an extremely compassionate psychiatrist. I have been to quite a few psychiatrists and he is by far the best! He can tell patients what is going on with them before they even admit it. We are fortunate to have such an awesome psychiatrist here in Sydney.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr. Shullaih, you are Awesome!!!! you are always there to help me and give me great advices..
God bless you for all things you've done to me and my family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Shullaih, I cannot thank you enough for all you have helped me with. I suffered from anxiety and depression for so many years. I had seen other doctors in the past but always felt I was just another file and they didn't really care about me. This was different with Dr. Shullaih, he treated me like a person, took time to learn about me and truly cared about me. Together with talks and medication he changed my life. From a person who felt hopeless and lost, he gave me reason to live life and I now see I have a great future ahead. I cannot believe the province is not going to renew his license, that of one of the best doctors we have. I need ongoing care and medication adjustment and what will I do? Or what will his 300 other patients do? This has put a needless pressure on me and my family and others. I commend Dr. Shullaih for continuing to see and care for his patients, still giving so much of himself, with his future and the future of his practice in jeopardy. We cannot allow the province to further degrade our healthcare. I would encourage others to voice your concerns and not let this happen. Dr. Shullaih has done so much for us, it is time we help him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2541392].votes_count ]]