Ratings for Dr. Shazia A. Beg

I have been seeing Dr. Beg for over three years now, and she has been wonderful. I have experienced symptoms of arthritis flares with chronic pain and multiple systemic problems for which I saw numerous specialists in multiple areas, even going to the Mayo Clinic without receiving a diagnosis. Dr. Beg diagnosed me after nearly seventeen years of pain with seronegative rheumatoid arthritis with the possibility of psoriatic arthritis. This was after a massive flare of joint pain during which I begged my pain management doctor for a referral to a rheumatologist. He actually told me that there were no rheumatologists in my county to whom he felt comfortable referring me, and I found Dr. Beg through online reviews not long after the University of Central Florida had established the clinic at which she works. I cannot say enough about the clinic as well. The same multidisciplinary team approach used at the Mayo Clinic is available, I have to do literally no insurance paperwork for medication approvals, as their financial adviser handles all appeals as well as providing amazing assistance in reducing uncovered lab and diagnostic bills. This is not my biggest concern, but the facilities are likewise brand new and beautiful. As all the physicians and many staff members are affiliated with UCF's School of Medicine, there are also opportunities that might not be available elsewhere to participate in research studies which I think will only increase over time as UCF expands its partnerships with private companies doing medical research in Orlando. Dr. Beg has followed an aggressive treatment plan for me over the last three years. If you look at a flowchart detailing best practices with regards to early and aggressive treatment, you will find it to be an excellent indication of Dr. Beg's practices. She moved me quickly through trials of plaquinel and methotrexate on to biologics, and has not been at all hesitant to switch me over to a biologic not on my prescription formulary, which was approved in the minimum appeal time due to the financial adviser's efforts. She is a caring doctor who takes a lot of time with her patient. The nurses are very responsive in returning phone calls and getting information from Dr. Beg, and the office staff as well. I know I wrote a book, but it was very hard for me to find a rheumatologist in my area that both I and my pain management physician felt would offer me the best current care as well as working with me as an individual, capable of listening to my thoughts on my treatment without feeling I was infringing on her prerogatives as a doctor. Dr. Beg more than meets this criteria, and my pain management doctor has begun referring patients needing a rheumatologist to her. I think there can't be a greater compliment or reflection of her qualities as a physician.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Dr. Beg is very thorough and genuinely listens to my concerns and answers my questions. I would recommend her to anyone needing to see a rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr. Beg and the staff are excellent! Dr. is very caring, , thorough, willing to discuss treatment options and reasons for her treatment recommendations (I had previous dr. refuse to discuss anything other than his recommendation). Dr. and staff respond to calls in timely manner, and are friendly and helpful!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Wonderful, caring, advocate for her patients. If another will not take the extra step, she will when warranted. Amazing bedside manner. Isn't afraid to do a little research to help.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Best rheumatologist ever. I have been through a few quacks before I found Dr. Beg and I am very pleased with this doctor. She is knowledgeable, thorough and helpful. She responds to phone calls especially in dire circumstances which is something other rheumatologists don't do. This doctor is respectful and a true professional.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Dr. Shazia A. Beg's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 2009)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal