Ratings for Dr. Aziz Mhanni

The best experience I've had with a medical doctor. I'm so grateful that you practice in Manitoba. Very thorough, knowledgeable, empathetic, patient, helpful, reassuring, kind, informative, understanding, and well - meaning doctor. I'm impressed. I left my first appointment feeling heard, validated, understood, important, worthy of his time, and hopeful for the future. He gave me a dx based on his professional opinion of a genetic disorder, and had me sign authorization forms to submit for approval (financial funding for the cost of the testing) (from the government) for genetic testing. He said it will take months to hear back, but the tests can be done right away (if my blood is ready & waiting in the genetic test blood bank) if/ when it's been approved. He reassured me saying that we'll resubmit with additional information (gather additional info at next appointment) if not approved based on the compelling evidence he's submitting based from the 75 minutes he spent with us. Very helpful to know what to expect. He gave me some important takeaways on immediate changes that i can make that could help me right away. (Specific to protecting my joints: get footwear with a more cushioned sole to avoid excessive strain on my joints.) He was also going to write physiotherapy rx for me (but i already have one from another physician) so i can make some physical progress (and most notably, decrease the deterioration!) that will assist in managing pain and movement better. I have some proliferative issues happening concurrently that he's able to make genetic testing recommendations for once he has more information from the other Dr's. He was clear about what he needs from them first, which i totally understand. If you go in there prepared, you'll be able to have an in-septh and very thorough, long - awaited open discussion with a very well educated man who treats you like you matter. If you go in there un- prepared, he'll help dig through seemingly unimportant and unrelated medical patterns in your genetic medical history, and start to unravel the mystery of what's actually going on. I'm so so so grateful for him already and it's only been 1 appointment. He's well regarded for a reason! Nothing but amazing things to say about my first impression of Dr Mhanni.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

Best experience ever with this doctor. He was intelligent, caring and really listened to me. And EXTREMELY thorough--have a rare disorder and he did tons of tests to verify it, while ensuring it wasn't any other disorder or disorders. Thanks to him I now have full knowledge and a workable treatment plan. Any other doctor I saw was just brushing me off as having "mental problems." Wish all doctors could be like you!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

Dr. Mhanni is an amazing doctor, by far best doctor I've seen in Winnipeg. He loves his job and makes me and my children laugh all the time. Extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. Words can not express him, he has the best personality, and he doesnt just treat you as a "patient" he befriends you. Dr. Mhanni really cares about you and your well being, unlike other doctors who do their job for the money only.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr. Mhanni along side his medical are of our child has been a tremendous support for our family. He is genuine and compassionate by nature.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

This wonderful person, who is also a wonderful doctor, has had my back for more than ten years now, and he is amazing. He sees me in the Adult Clinic, the Children's Clinic, and even in his office because I live five hours away in Ontario. He is very prompt, concise, knowledgable, and thorough. At every appointment, he first goes back to review everything since your last visit and then asks about what is going on since. He wants to know how your illness affects all of your life; home, work, and play. He leaves no stone unturned when he is making the correct diagnosis and correct he will be. Dr Mhanni is also very kind, caring, and warm. He will ask about you and your family, and then he listens to your answers. I am blessed to have Dr Mhanni in my life (one he has likely made much longer). Oh, and his support staff are equally excellent.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

he is so nice and very helpfull as a docter and as my dad

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr, Mhannis personality is comical and helps him relate so well to paediatric patients. He has established an excellent repor in the 7 years he's followed my son. I don't feel as tho we are another patient file. He seems to care genuinely about his patients, and is very encouraging. He personally takes time to cordinate the needs of my child with schools and daycare a who simply don't understand. He is a well educated, well dressed amazing person.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Wonderful Doctor! caring and very knowledgeable. We are still searching for a diagnosis for our 2 daughters after 7 years but he is not giving up and we are now in a study and very close. to a extremely rare diagnosis. I cannot say enough about Dr Mhanni and his staff. Jessica is great and always explains everything and is very compassionate and always willing to accept questions and gets back to you right away.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr. Mhanni is a knowledgeable, caring and well-dressed professional!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

We have to travel a long distance to see Dr Mhanni, but it's well worth it. He is warm, kind, and knowledgeable. He is a fantastic doctor and has been extremely thorough. We simply adore him.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014