Ratings for Dr. Hasan Abdessamad

I was new to Vancouver and not sure about my options with my pregnancy. I am blessed I found him as my gynaecologist , he was so helpful, understanding and made everything very comfortable in those 9 months. Even the staff is very helpful and professional. Highly recommended !

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Excellent dr. Very helpful. Solved my problem from two visits

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I found Dr. Abdessamad very kind, gentle and caring. I had hysterectomy done Oct14, he did a fantastic job. All of his staff at the Sunset location in Burnaby are knowledgeable and understanding, especially Glenda the head receptionist.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Very happy to have found Dr. Abdessamad when I did. He helped me when many doctors did not have an answer. He was very kind and gave me options to consider.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Thank you doctor .I am very grateful that you chanced to attend my baby's birth in October .doctor Abdessamad was very helpful and patient and I highly recommend him .....

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I had an office procedure done and he offered clear explanation and helped me stay calm through it all. I am very grateful. I was traveling afterwards and he offered follow up online which was helpful

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Abdessamad because of some issues I was having. He was extremely helpful and kind, and very open to hearing my opinion on issues and taking them into account. I had a small procedure done, he was very efficient and knowledgeable and I'm very happy that I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

This is my first time reviewing a Dr on this site. Let's be honest, having to visit a OBGYN can be uncomfortable. I hadn't (I know, shame on me) and I was lucky to be referred to Dr Abdessamad. He was very kind, patient, knowledgeable and you got the sense no question was a "dumb" question. I had to go in for a minor surgical procedure and he remained all of the above throughout my whole hospital visit. Since the surgery, we have found out I have something that will need further treatment, and Dr Abdessamad was very prompt in getting this information to me and scheduling a follow up. I have nothing but positive things to say and I am very greatful for his help and care, I wish my family Dr was like him....

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr.Abdessamad was filling in in Comox. We were lucky enough to have him deliver our baby. His bed side manor was impeccable. He was very helpful and insured we were all understanding the procedures. He couldn't have done anything better

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I saw this dr as he was stepping in for another dr. I saw him at the sunset street location in burnaby. I found him cold, rushed and disinterested in me and the reason for me being there. He did not explain himself well and was very vague with his answers to my questions. He completed 2 procedures in the office and he showed little empathy as i was upset and crying due to my discomfort and pain. I felt as though he was somehow blaming me for my medical issues( thyroidosm and infertility). I feel he would be better off as a vet. I would reconsider seeing him should you get an appt with him.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Hasan Abdessamad's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Hasan Abdessamad is a board-certified Obstetrician-Gynecologist offering patient-centered care with a holistic approach to women's health in the Washington's Puget Sound region. He provides expert care for women (and transgender men) from adolescence to post-menopause, from minimally invasive surgery to high risk obstetrical care, from sexually transmissible infection to contraceptive care and cancer screening. Dr. Abdessamad is a Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) and The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG). He is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL), World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), among others. He is the founder and first president of the Lebanese Medical Association for Sexual Health (LebMASH) and an invited faculty at the annual LIGO Surgical Masters' Course in Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy & Advanced Laparoscopic Procedures.

• English
  • Arabic

• American University of Beirut (Grad. 2003)
  • Case Western Reserve University

• Female sexual dysfunction
  • Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
  • Colposcopy
  • Uterine prolapse
  • Posterior prolapse (rectocele)
  • Vaginal atrophy
  • Vaginitis
  • Bacterial vaginosis
  • Yeast infection (vaginal)
  • NuvaRing (vaginal ring)
  • Ovarian cysts
  • Vaginal hysterectomy
  • Vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
  • Cervicitis
  • Cervical cancer
  • Incompetent cervix
  • Uterine polyps
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Forceps delivery
  • Low sex drive in women
  • Tubal ligation
  • Overactive bladder
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Female infertility
  • Mirena (hormonal IUD)
  • ParaGard (copper IUD)
  • Birth control patch
  • Contraceptive implant
  • Depo-Provera (contraceptive injection)
  • Premature birth
  • Combination birth control pills
  • Minipill (progestin-only birth control pill)
  • C-section
  • Urinary incontinence
  • Stress incontinence
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
  • Perimenopause