Ratings for Dr. Sanjay Taparia

We are very lucky to have a doctor that seems as concerned about our Son's health as we are. Our son has had GERD since birth, and has taken it very seriously. He put in a request for a specialist - and we were called within a month. I have read below that he didn't help another baby with GERD - but there's a lot of things to consider when treating it. Medications are NOT the first choice - and shouldn't be. Our son was not gaining weight (4oz) so it was necessary. But I can't say what their situation was. I only know that he has been a fantastic hands on Doctor, who will call me back and answer any questions I have, even when he's on a vacation! Couldn't have a better Doctor for our son.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Phenomenal Dr can't say enough. He makes sure he has huge windows or time to spend with our daughter. Only dr that took her ailments serious

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Taparia caught my daughter's congenital heart defects and was so caring and answered all my questions. He even called us at home after our visit to the cardiologist to explain my daughter's upcoming open heart surgery in more detail and go over her treatment plan and to see if we were doing all right. We see him every 2 weeks to track her progress and are always in and out very quickly but I always feel that I have enough time with him to ask any questions I might have. He is very soft spoken but I don't mind at all as he is very knowledgeable. I worked with a lot of pediatricians in my profession and Dr. Taparia always stood out because of his genuine concern for his patients. Glad I chose him!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Taparia was terrible. He couldn't even fix a bum rash on my newborn (I saw him 3 times over the same thing before I got fed up enough and found another doctor to take my children to).

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Have always found him helpful and thorough with my child been going to him for 3 years since she was born a premie and he has been great!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

We have 2 young kids with severe asthma, so we see him a lot. He constantly confuses the two with his questions and his prescriptions; we have to correct him far too often. Asks the same questions over and over; "Do you have pets? A family history of asthma?" - it's like 50 First Dates with him. I'm sure we've seen him almost 2 dozen times over the past year or so, and our kids symptoms are unchanged, for the most part. His follow-ups are the same questions followed by a "come back in 2 weeks." We are seeing him only out of necessity at this point; are looking hard for better doctors with openings.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

wonderful and caring pediatrician, always follow up for important issues and test results. we have 4 kids that we are very happy that he is their doctor. his staff is wonderful too. highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

He's great if you want to try EVERYTHING except medication to treat issues. My daughter had reflux from birth but he insisted it was "Behavioural". Come on a 3 week old has behavioural issues?!?!?! Finally he relented and put her on medication and instantly she was 90% improved. But when we noticed that the medication was less and less effective he would refuse to try her on something else or change the dosage. Everytime I go in with her which is a seldom as possible I end up leaving feeling like all my concerns were ridiculous and trivial. I'm currently looking for another Doctor. But as I said if you are one of those people who want to avoid medication at all costs even if that may be what's needed well then he's the guy for you.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Terrible bedside manner, was not helpful and did not make me feel welcome to come back. Was very rude. Very disappointed sense I wanted a specialist for my baby.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

We were referred to him due to our daughter having fevers every 2 weeks for the last 8 months. He is the ONLY dr that is behind us 100% to get answers our 20month old deserves. He never once said its viral. Never once reached for a prescription pad. He made sure we felt comfortable and took the time to explain. He let us voice our concerns. Not once did he judge us or make us feel like we were over zealous. She is not our only child. I made it clear its boy our first rodeo. So please help. He was FANTASTIC with her. We are satisfied knowing he's behind us 100% and having all the nessecary scans done on her.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014