Ratings for Dr. Madhav Sunkara

This guy is an idiot. My dad went to see him 2 years ago about a hernia in his stomach. This moron said that he would make an appointment for surgery but it was elective so it's take awhile. Fast forward two years with no call and my dads feeling really crappy so goes back to this dumbass and asks about the hernia surgery. THE DOCTOR NEVER BOOKED IT!!! So he says OH I didn't call but I will. Last night my dad gets called in about a different matter by a different doctor and my dad happened to ask him if the surgery was booked. NOPE! Sunkara still has not made the necessary calls to get my dad into surgery. The other issues with this doctor was he likes talking with his back to my dad and with his accent he is very hard to understand. Needless to say he is no longer my dads doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Takes the time to listen to your problems even if you take more than the given time. He is very sweet and accommodative of your health issues . My concerns are always completely gone after meeting him. I feel much better after going to him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have been super depressed and explained to him my issue and that I researched meds and wanted to try an SSRI, he asked why I was depressed and when I told him my history he seemed like he was not okay with the fact I was homosexual, he asked questions that I feel were not appropriate. I told him I was also having a hard time sleeping and so if I smoked a bit of pot before bed I'd it would be okay with anti depressants. I was addicted to zopiclone and abused it and at the end of the day he gave me nothing for depression and pushed more sleeping pills on me.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

a very good doctor once you establish a rapport with him

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Very compassionate doctor, we should have more like him, was seen by him on a Friday evening at the heritage hill medicentre. Not a fan of the blonde female receptionist, she seems to like to sabotage the reputation of the doctors. She should probably stick to her reception work and stop playing advocate for the clinic next door

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I just want to say that this was one of the best doctors I've seen. There was a point during my appointment that I broke into tears and he sat and talked to me, without judgment. He calmed my nerves and asked to see me again in a week. IvI've never left a doctors office feeling so secure or at ease. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

Dr Sunkara is one of the best doctors I have gone. He is always kind and a patient listener. He has excellent knowledge in his field of work. I am a very complex patient with many medical issues. When I was new to calgary, I was worried if I can find a nice doctor but am thoroughly happy that I found Dr.Sunkara. Even I suffered from endometriosis and I know how terrible it is. He immediately referred me to gynaecologist and made sure I received proper care. In a week I was given appointment to meet surgeons and now I am absolutely fine and healthy.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Terrible listener,talks over you,rushes you out stating there's other people waiting,I was diagnosed with endometriosis and he refused to state that on my medical form,only recorded one symptom when I have several.Again just does not listen and made me come back to his clinic twice when it was a very simple form to fill out.Told me if I returned to get the medical form filled out again he would not help me...I have PTSD, IBS, and Endometriosis, in the form he only stated I have a back ache and anxiety,refused to acknowledge all of my symptoms...the barriers that are keeping me from going back to my job.Very non compassionate, treated me like I was just looking for a hand out from the government.I would not send anyone to see him.Because of him I don't doubt I will lose my income and be pressured into going back to work without having my laporoscopy performed to see how bad the Endometriosis is.He seems more interested in reaching a qouta of patients per day not actually helping anyone.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013