Ratings for Dr. Madhav Sunkara

Dr Sunkara is an amazing Doctor. He is very kind and caring and took the time to listen to my concerns. Usually only one problem is addressed in one visit, but he was very accommodative and took almost 30 mins just to address all 3 issues. He does rush a bit, but he is very good in his diagnosis and ensured that I knew how to take the precautionary measures necessary.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

A very impatient doctor I must say. Rude, arrogant and stupid. Has a very big ego. He feels answering to his patient’s queries is a waste of time as the time he is spending on a patient can be spent on seeing more patients and earning more money. I pity such people who are so full of themselves that they can not hear a word against their judgement. Poor man with no foresight at all.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

He is very impatient and rude. He made me wait for one hour and later when he came in, he was in a rush. He didn’t even sit and listen to my problem. He kept standing and didn’t pay much attention to whatever I was asking about. So, my impression about him is that he is a very arrogant and egotistic doctor who has little respect for his patients.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

This guy is an idiot. My dad went to see him 2 years ago about a hernia in his stomach. This moron said that he would make an appointment for surgery but it was elective so it's take awhile. Fast forward two years with no call and my dads feeling really crappy so goes back to this dumbass and asks about the hernia surgery. THE DOCTOR NEVER BOOKED IT!!! So he says OH I didn't call but I will. Last night my dad gets called in about a different matter by a different doctor and my dad happened to ask him if the surgery was booked. NOPE! Sunkara still has not made the necessary calls to get my dad into surgery. The other issues with this doctor was he likes talking with his back to my dad and with his accent he is very hard to understand. Needless to say he is no longer my dads doctor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Takes the time to listen to your problems even if you take more than the given time. He is very sweet and accommodative of your health issues . My concerns are always completely gone after meeting him. I feel much better after going to him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have been super depressed and explained to him my issue and that I researched meds and wanted to try an SSRI, he asked why I was depressed and when I told him my history he seemed like he was not okay with the fact I was homosexual, he asked questions that I feel were not appropriate. I told him I was also having a hard time sleeping and so if I smoked a bit of pot before bed I'd it would be okay with anti depressants. I was addicted to zopiclone and abused it and at the end of the day he gave me nothing for depression and pushed more sleeping pills on me.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

a very good doctor once you establish a rapport with him

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Very compassionate doctor, we should have more like him, was seen by him on a Friday evening at the heritage hill medicentre. Not a fan of the blonde female receptionist, she seems to like to sabotage the reputation of the doctors. She should probably stick to her reception work and stop playing advocate for the clinic next door

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I just want to say that this was one of the best doctors I've seen. There was a point during my appointment that I broke into tears and he sat and talked to me, without judgment. He calmed my nerves and asked to see me again in a week. IvI've never left a doctors office feeling so secure or at ease. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

Dr Sunkara is one of the best doctors I have gone. He is always kind and a patient listener. He has excellent knowledge in his field of work. I am a very complex patient with many medical issues. When I was new to calgary, I was worried if I can find a nice doctor but am thoroughly happy that I found Dr.Sunkara. Even I suffered from endometriosis and I know how terrible it is. He immediately referred me to gynaecologist and made sure I received proper care. In a week I was given appointment to meet surgeons and now I am absolutely fine and healthy.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013