Ratings for Dr. Ralph Thompson

My daughter went for an ortho consult. We were showed to a room 15 minutes late. He asked why we were there. I explained her situation. He examined her for less than 5 min then told us, "Yes I think she needs braces". WOW. Any two year old could determine that. No records were taken, NOTHING. I asked for an estimate and was told "oh, about $5000". I said my insurance prefers something more substantial than that and the receptionist (who took time out from snapping at the other receptionist for us) became belligerant Her: "you know that will take 3-4 weeks" me: "Our insurance usually gets back to us in about 2 weeks". Her "Yeah, whatever" as she turn her back to us. We were shocked, yes SHOCKED at how poorly we were treated and the lack of professionalism in the office. It was to be free. The doctor was friendly enough but after an hour drive in -40 I expected an actual consult (what kind of braces, how long...anything). All this and I was charged $60.64 to my insurance...not directly.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012