Ratings for Dr. Christopher Penney

Dr. Penney is very patient, thorough and knowledgeable. He's really helped improve my life regarding my rheumotoid arthritis. He's been really friendly to me on my visits and shows empathy in treating my illness.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr. Penney is a very smart doctor, and diagnosed me with Lupus when I was only 22. He knows his field well, and I am grateful for his expertise. My most recent appointment with him was 2 hours late, and nobody mentioned to me that he would be this late at any time while I waited. Unless you have a lot of free time, book your appointment for first thing in the morning.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Frustrating, wait for over and hour to see Dr. Penney for 2 minutes. No answers to my questions.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Awful bedside manner, very insensitive, doesn't seen to care at all, left feeling more frustrated then I've felt waiting up til this appt. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Completely inconsiderate DR. I can't believe this he is still working. I would discourage anyone going to this man. He lacks empathy and is extremely rude.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I am a recent patient of Dr. Penney. He was extremely thorough with his questions and examination , after which I was left feeling that I had the right diagnosis...Agreed , he's not one for small talk , thank goodness, as I went to him for his expertise on Rhumatoid Arthritis, not to talk about the weather ...I came away with a great weight off my shoulders knowing that he could, and did help my symptoms.. He changed the quality of my life , and for that I'm very grateful .

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I was a paitient of Dr. Penney's for over 20 years. Yes he can run behind but such is the nature of a field where a 15 minute checkup could turn into an hour in order to properly service the patient. Although he runs late, he always takes the time to properly work with you as a patient. Being diagnosed with pre-lupus (non-specified collagen vasular disease) I was fortunate enough to have been directed to Dr. Penney. His treatment for me was life changing and I consider myself incredibly fortunate. His staff is also excellent and were always fabulous to work with.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

IMO, Dr. Penney displayed a level of unparalleled arrogance, spending an inordinate amount of time on the computer during my appointment as well as being considerably late. Okay, so running late for patients does happen, arrogance was not helpful in any way, spending an overabundance of time on the computer suggested to me a level of unpreparedness. My appointment left me with a lack of confidence in the abilities of Dr. Penney to be of valued assistance to me as a patient. I would not return to his practice. His staff were fantastic.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Penney since 2009 when I was originally diagnosed with RA. Over the years he has treated me with respect and kindness. There are times when he runs behind schedule but this is expected at any doctor's office. His staff consists of a great group of nurses and I would recommend Dr. Penney to anyone looking for a RA specialist in Calgary.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I must say I was apprehensive due to the comments on Dr. Penney, but I was in so much pain, I didn't care, I needed help. If you think you have RA, see Dr. Penney. He has experience knowledge bar none! He is the best Doc I have ever encountered! He actually takes the time needed to correctly diagnose and provide the help needed. I can't say thanks enough! Oh, and regarding punctuality, sometimes patients need more time, so bring a book. Thank you Dr. Penney! You rock! I can return to a normal life again!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016