You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Christopher Penney

I have been a patient of Dr Penney for 3 years now. I have left in tears almost every visit. He has never listened to any of my concerns and always tells me it's not related (without even looking into it). If you don't agree with him, he belittles you and tells you he won't work with you. He's extremely unprofessional, no compassion for any immunal disease and has changed my diagnoses 4 times- all without medical exams- just based on symptoms. I look forward to bidding him farewell. I wish the experience with him was as good as his staff- they have always been incredible. They even offer a hug after his dreadful appointments.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Dr. Penney has a way of making you feel like you are a burden to society. I was told yesterday I was wasting his time!!!! Is it my fault the drug I was on was making me sicker? I was about to walk out the door when the nurse came back in with him and then and only then was another form of treatment offered. Perhaps if he actually listened to the younger patients instead of treating them like garbage he would learn more. I think that he is catering to the OLD and feeble!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I have seen Dr. Penney for 12 years and I am so thankful to have him as my Rheumatologist! He is a brilliant doctor, he is kind, he cares about his patients and during his clinics he works hard to understand your symptoms and treat you. Forgive him if he doesn't find the time to chit chat with you while trying to understand the complexities of your specific situation. It is also completely ridiculous that people are complaining about the wait to see him. Bring a book and get over it! The man is busy trying to help people! I've never had a negative experience with Dr. Penney! He is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Penney for 7 years. He is sometimes very late for appointments but this is because he sometimes spends a longer time with a patient. It is true that he is not always personable, although once he called me at home when I was very upset and consoled me. He does know his stuff. He is sometimes frustratingly careful with treatments - this is because he knows all the difficult insurance rules that come with RA drugs.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

This doctor is horrible! I know what I was diagnosed with over 20 years ago by three doctors. For this unprofessional to tell me they are full of bullion) his exact words were worse) is ridiculous! I have all the symptoms of the autoimmune disease and signs! This guy is a joke! I cried in the bathroom because I didn't want to give this POS the satisfaction of seeing me upset. He is very unprofessional and rude!!!! My most horrible experience EVER by a medical doctor.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I have never been more discouraged in my entire life as I was after meeting with Dr. Penney. He wouldn't look at me - disengaged - he minimized the degree of pain I was experiencing, and as I was crying, he told me there was nothing he could do for me. I was flabbergasted , and truly question the Hippocratic oath of "do no harm". Dr. Penney, what are you thinking?? You are sending more people away and upset with you, than those you are helping!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr Penny was late for the appointment, he did not examine me, I am a complex patient and an examination would be expected in my case to rule out many illnesses. He did not ask many questions and spent most for the time typing on his computer. When I left, I was just as confused about what illness I might have as when I arrived.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Penny's for 18 years. Being fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Penney has been life changing for me. He is extremely competent and I have no question that I have received the best possible care.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Saw Dr. Penney for a second opinion on my Lupus. He was the most uncompassionate, rude and ignorant doctor I've ever seen! Told me there was nothing more that could be done and that I should "just learn to live with it"... I left his office in tears and drove home crying. What kind of doctor tells their patient that there is no hope? I will NEVER forget the day I met Dr. Penney!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

He is very professionl and informative. We are very greatful for all his help.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Christopher Penney's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Penney for 3 years now. I have left in tears almost every visit. He has never listened to any of my concerns and always tells me it..."

February 28, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Penney has a way of making you feel like you are a burden to society. I was told yesterday I was wasting his time!!!! Is it my fault the drug I was on was..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Penney for 12 years and I am so thankful to have him as my Rheumatologist! He is a brilliant doctor, he is kind, he cares about his patients and..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Penney for 7 years. He is sometimes very late for appointments but this is because he sometimes spends a longer time with a patient. It i..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is horrible! I know what I was diagnosed with over 20 years ago by three doctors. For this unprofessional to tell me they are full of bullion) his e..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have never been more discouraged in my entire life as I was after meeting with Dr. Penney. He wouldn't look at me - disengaged - he minimized the degree of pa..."

June 8, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2N 4N1". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 3330 Hospital Drive NW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032108838".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Penny was late for the appointment, he did not examine me, I am a complex patient and an examination would be expected in my case to rule out many illnesses...."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Penny's for 18 years. Being fortunate enough to have been referred to Dr. Penney has been life changing for me. He is extremely ..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr. Penney for a second opinion on my Lupus. He was the most uncompassionate, rude and ignorant doctor I've ever seen! Told me there was nothing more that..."

October 20, 2014