Ratings for Dr. Christopher Penney

Awful bedside manner, very insensitive, doesn't seen to care at all, left feeling more frustrated then I've felt waiting up til this appt. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Completely inconsiderate DR. I can't believe this he is still working. I would discourage anyone going to this man. He lacks empathy and is extremely rude.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I am a recent patient of Dr. Penney. He was extremely thorough with his questions and examination , after which I was left feeling that I had the right diagnosis...Agreed , he's not one for small talk , thank goodness, as I went to him for his expertise on Rhumatoid Arthritis, not to talk about the weather ...I came away with a great weight off my shoulders knowing that he could, and did help my symptoms.. He changed the quality of my life , and for that I'm very grateful .

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I was a paitient of Dr. Penney's for over 20 years. Yes he can run behind but such is the nature of a field where a 15 minute checkup could turn into an hour in order to properly service the patient. Although he runs late, he always takes the time to properly work with you as a patient. Being diagnosed with pre-lupus (non-specified collagen vasular disease) I was fortunate enough to have been directed to Dr. Penney. His treatment for me was life changing and I consider myself incredibly fortunate. His staff is also excellent and were always fabulous to work with.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

IMO, Dr. Penney displayed a level of unparalleled arrogance, spending an inordinate amount of time on the computer during my appointment as well as being considerably late. Okay, so running late for patients does happen, arrogance was not helpful in any way, spending an overabundance of time on the computer suggested to me a level of unpreparedness. My appointment left me with a lack of confidence in the abilities of Dr. Penney to be of valued assistance to me as a patient. I would not return to his practice. His staff were fantastic.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Penney since 2009 when I was originally diagnosed with RA. Over the years he has treated me with respect and kindness. There are times when he runs behind schedule but this is expected at any doctor's office. His staff consists of a great group of nurses and I would recommend Dr. Penney to anyone looking for a RA specialist in Calgary.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I must say I was apprehensive due to the comments on Dr. Penney, but I was in so much pain, I didn't care, I needed help. If you think you have RA, see Dr. Penney. He has experience knowledge bar none! He is the best Doc I have ever encountered! He actually takes the time needed to correctly diagnose and provide the help needed. I can't say thanks enough! Oh, and regarding punctuality, sometimes patients need more time, so bring a book. Thank you Dr. Penney! You rock! I can return to a normal life again!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Penney for 3 years now. I have left in tears almost every visit. He has never listened to any of my concerns and always tells me it's not related (without even looking into it). If you don't agree with him, he belittles you and tells you he won't work with you. He's extremely unprofessional, no compassion for any immunal disease and has changed my diagnoses 4 times- all without medical exams- just based on symptoms. I look forward to bidding him farewell. I wish the experience with him was as good as his staff- they have always been incredible. They even offer a hug after his dreadful appointments.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Dr. Penney has a way of making you feel like you are a burden to society. I was told yesterday I was wasting his time!!!! Is it my fault the drug I was on was making me sicker? I was about to walk out the door when the nurse came back in with him and then and only then was another form of treatment offered. Perhaps if he actually listened to the younger patients instead of treating them like garbage he would learn more. I think that he is catering to the OLD and feeble!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I have seen Dr. Penney for 12 years and I am so thankful to have him as my Rheumatologist! He is a brilliant doctor, he is kind, he cares about his patients and during his clinics he works hard to understand your symptoms and treat you. Forgive him if he doesn't find the time to chit chat with you while trying to understand the complexities of your specific situation. It is also completely ridiculous that people are complaining about the wait to see him. Bring a book and get over it! The man is busy trying to help people! I've never had a negative experience with Dr. Penney! He is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015