Ratings for Dr. Shilpa Paradkar

This office won't do blood tests without scheduling a full check up. I wanted to have my thyroid tested, and made an appt for a check up. When I expressed concern about my thyroid because I've been gaining weight despite rigorous exercise and healthy eating and have a family history, she told me that some people just don't lose weight. I told her I'd been gaining weight and it was unusual so she said she'd test my T3 and T4 and said she tests that on everyone. Well, the vm with the results said everything was normal. I had them faxed to me only to find out that she did NOT check my T3 or T4 and the TSH levels which were "normal" were only within range by .03 meaning borderline. I wouldn't have known unless I had asked for the results. She was dismissive and trying to think of more things to test. She did an EKG even though I'm 29 and I had one 2 years ago and haven't had heart issues. Stay away from this office. Terrible PCP. Doctor factory just trying to charge your insurance.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012